Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Burnley ask to speak to Lambert

To be honest what will be will be, I would however be disapointed if Lambert went to Burnley as they are not even a big club.I think the story eludes to a Burnley head hunt as opposed to an actual job application.I am affriad that why we are doing well Lambert will always be a target , that said.... he has already proven to be mercenary by leaving Colchester.Are there any other records of managers leaving a club to join one he just thrashed in the league ?

[quote user="Jacko"]Sheff Utd wanted Sean O''Driscoll and Andy Scott, they got neither, approach doesn''t necessarily mean that the manager wants to go there.[/quote]

A little bit different as the club did not have to stand in the managers way it was the managers decisions. The one thing I dont get is why have the board had to deny permission if Lambert has no intention of going, surely Lambert saying on yer bike would do the trick.

Should PL go get your cash on Hodgeson to replace him

[quote user="jacky boy"]

My mates brothers sisters  friend who is a cleaner there, said a couple of men arrived earlier wearing Burnley suits, picked Lambert up who was at the time having his last Delia pie, before all of them departed swiftly in a rusty ford which had a sticker in the back saying, just hired!

I guess thats it guys

[/quote]S**t! That''s bad news. Anyone see Malky in Asda today?  

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

A little bit different as the club did not have to stand in the managers way it was the managers decisions. The one thing I dont get is why have the board had to deny permission if Lambert has no intention of going, surely Lambert saying on yer bike would do the trick.

Should PL go get your cash on Hodgeson to replace him

[/quote]Seem''s to be a headhunt.As stated the Burnley chairmen has made Lambert his top target and has done this publicly to a) see Lamberts response b) See Norwich response Norwich have told him where to stuff it so now Burnley will eithera) Look for a new target b) Do what we did to Colchester ! (lol ironic but Lambert has proven he''s a mercenary )It could all also be a smoke screen to detract from talks with someone else.Also its a psychological attack at Norwich City. Burnley will want to unsettle the team , what better way than destroying an in form teams confidence than trying to take away the coach ?In all honesty as well.... IF Lambert leaves remember who bought him here !!Mr McNally.... trust that he will fill the position with someone who will go places ! Chris Houghton is available and who knows if Martin O''Neil might fancy round 2 ?? Crazier things have happened in football !!

Wxyz WE are not an overachieving club, what the hell are you on about, if they are playing like that they are good enough...

There''s always a press conference on Fridays so that should be interesting.

[quote user="cityangel"]

There''s always a press conference on Fridays so that should be interesting.

[/quote]

do you know roughly what time they are? I''m hoping its morning so this gets cleared up sooner rather than later!

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lambert#Managerial_career

Interesting comment at the bottom of the managerial section!

[/quote]

Norwich''s fine form from their 2009-10 promotion campaign has continued into the 2010-11 season,

and seen them emerge as contenders for a second successive promotion -

if achieved they would be the first team to achieve a second successive

promotion at this level since Manchester City 11 years ago.[7]

That part ?If this is the case and I was Lambert, I would want to have that on my CV as it would only be me and Joe Royle who have it !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I am affriad that why we are doing well Lambert will always be a target , that said.... he has already proven to be mercenary by leaving Colchester.[/quote]I disagree.How did Colchester''s loyal "support" Lambert turn out after our 7-1 defeat?Home game, 5k or so attendance. A half full stadium.Mercinary, no. Ambitious? Yep.On reflection he had every reason to jump ship for us. To Burnley from us? I can''t see it. If he does then maybe you''re right. 

Personally im worried. I dontreally see why he would take the job as we are in a far better position that Burnley are and even in terms of fanbase we get much better crowds than them. But the thing that worries me is that the bookies have stopped taking bets on him to be their next manager. I always think if they stop taking bets the majority of the time they know there is something going on. Hopefully I will be proved wrong I really do.I eagerly await the press conference tomorrow where I think we will know if he is staying or going. If he says he is staying like he has already has had to to on many occasions then he will stay but if he starts refusing to answer questions on the matter then I think hes off. I really pray he stays, i know he will go eventually but it would be catastrophic to lose him now when we are doing so well

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wxyz WE are not an overachieving club, what the hell are you on about, if they are playing like that they are good enough...[/quote]Lots of sides do well when first promoted , my feeling is with Lambert gone we will drop down this league like a stone.

Perhaps Ambitious is a better word for Mercenary in the case of Lambert,but I do agree.....He has the chance to become the second manager in history ( Joe Royle Man City being the first) to take a team from League 1 to the Prem in successive seasons. Passing that up for a big establish''d prem team... yeah ok... but passing that up for Burnley ?!

[quote user="Wxyz"]Lots of sides do well when first promoted , my feeling is with Lambert gone we will drop down this league like a stone.[/quote]LOL check out Percy Positive over here ! If Lambert goes McNally will find somoene else. The days of Gunn etc are long gone.

Was it the 98 season where bookies stopped taking bets on Man Utd to win the prem with some even paying out early ?Regardless of the year or season it happened...... and Arsenal were champions !

Just read on a burnley mb, and they seem pretty certain they have got PL!! I hope this isnt true! I dont understand why he would go, as he has us where he wants us, where as they are slightly below the playoffs, and he would have to bring in players, etc... Sounds like a bit of a risk going there in many ways! Either way, surely DM knows what lambo wants, he is the one that brought him here, so surely he can bring him round to staying??

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Was it the 98 season where bookies stopped taking bets on Man Utd to win the prem with some even paying out early ?Regardless of the year or season it happened...... and Arsenal were champions ![/quote]Yes but this is different. At the end of the day they have their sources who know if something is going down and if people start putting stupid money down then again they know somethings up. Although I must add there is nothing more I would like that for what I have said to be wrong and for Lambert to stay!

United were 11 points clear going into March I beleive but Arsenal put together an outragous run and overhauled them.

I remember it well mate.

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Just read on a burnley mb, and they seem pretty certain they have got PL!! I hope this isnt true!

I dont understand why he would go, as he has us where he wants us, where as they are slightly below the playoffs, and he would have to bring in players, etc... Sounds like a bit of a risk going there in many ways! Either way, surely DM knows what lambo wants, he is the one that brought him here, so surely he can bring him round to staying??
[/quote]

they will know no more than us

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Just read on a burnley mb, and they seem pretty certain they have got PL!! I hope this isnt true! [/quote]Like Canarygirl said, pure speculation mate.Look around our forums and they are full of crap about player xxx or manager xxx. Same as any football club in the country !

[quote user="NottsCanary"]Just read on a burnley mb, and they seem pretty certain they have got PL!! I hope this isnt true! I dont understand why he would go, as he has us where he wants us, where as they are slightly below the playoffs, and he would have to bring in players, etc... Sounds like a bit of a risk going there in many ways! Either way, surely DM knows what lambo wants, he is the one that brought him here, so surely he can bring him round to staying??[/quote]Burnley fans on that board are certainly being hypocrites, only last year they were calling Owen Coyle at judas and slaughtering Bolton for stealing Coyle from them and yet now they are hoping for them to appoint Lambert.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Burnley fans on that board are certainly being hypocrites, only last year they were calling Owen Coyle at judas and slaughtering Bolton for stealing Coyle from them and yet now they are hoping for them to appoint Lambert.[/quote]Actually if you read the Burnley forums the majority of the fans are saying quite the opposite !Quite a bit of sympathy in regards to whats going on.

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="NottsCanary"]Just read on a burnley mb, and they seem pretty certain they have got PL!! I hope this isnt true! I dont understand why he would go, as he has us where he wants us, where as they are slightly below the playoffs, and he would have to bring in players, etc... Sounds like a bit of a risk going there in many ways! Either way, surely DM knows what lambo wants, he is the one that brought him here, so surely he can bring him round to staying??[/quote]Burnley fans on that board are certainly being hypocrites, only last year they were calling Owen Coyle at judas and slaughtering Bolton for stealing Coyle from them and yet now they are hoping for them to appoint Lambert.[/quote]Yeah, thats one thing thats getting up my nose big time! True, it is pure speculation! I would love it though if tomorrow lambo turned around and said that he was staying put, imagine the feeling the claret fans would be feeling!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/burnley/8448259.stm

It''s an old Press Conference, but I don''t see why anything would have changed.

If anything, there''s more in our favour now than then!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/burnley/8448259.stm It''s an old Press Conference, but I don''t see why anything would have changed. If anything, there''s more in our favour now than then![/quote]

lets hope we get the same sort of reaction tomorrow!

"I left Colchester because I was told I could speak to Norwich - I''m certainly not going to leave this club."Interesting as we have just said he cant talk to Burnley !

Exactly, as people (and Lambert himself) have said, he needs a run at a club to prove he is capable of performing over an extended period.

It''s incredibly obvious that he is capable, and I simply can''t see him leaving us right now - in the summer, it could be different, as ''bigger'' clubs will be after him.

He won''t be going im gonna say i am 100% certain of it and we will all see in the press conference in the morning. McNally the reason he came, he''s the reaosn he''ll stay