Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Player Ratings

Rudd - 7 Sold, couldn''t do much about the goal.R.Martin - 6 Fairly sold, had a hard match against their tricky winger.Barnett - 7 Solid, some times they got the better of him but he recovered with his pace.Whitbread - 8 MOTM, Sold all match with some vital interceptions, distribution wasn''t that good.Drury - 7 Same on Mr Reliable, crossing wasn''t too good.Smith - 7.5 One of the few sparks in the side, got back well and was good in helping attacking play.Fox - 6 Distribution ok, got court on the ball a couple times.Hoolahan - 6 Passing rather poor, tried to beat his man but seemed tiredMcNamee - 7 Showed some amazing skill and good use of pace at times but kept crossing it in with his right which was pretty poor. Had a couple good shots at goal and crossing with his left was  good.C.Martin - 5 Pretty poor, passing was alright but too scared to shoot (even when he did shoot it was a poor effort, think he had 1 shot all game)Wilbraham - 5 Won bugger all in the air, passing waas poor at times.Subs:Holt - 8 Won more headers in 2 minutes  than Wilbraham won all game, seemed determined and hassled their defence, should of came on at half time.Jackson - 7 Almost scored, looked lively when he came on.Lappin - 6.5 Put some good balls in and worked hard.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Rudd - 7 Sold, couldn''t do much about the goal.R.Martin - 6 Fairly sold, had a hard match against their tricky winger.Barnett - 7 Solid, some times they got the better of him but he recovered with his pace.Whitbread - 8 MOTM, Sold all match with some vital interceptions, distribution wasn''t that good.Drury - 7 Same on Mr Reliable, crossing wasn''t too good.Smith - 7.5 One of the few sparks in the side, got back well and was good in helping attacking play.Fox - 6 Distribution ok, got court on the ball a couple times.Hoolahan - 6 Passing rather poor, tried to beat his man but seemed tiredMcNamee - 7 Showed some amazing skill and good use of pace at times but kept crossing it in with his right which was pretty poor. Had a couple good shots at goal and crossing with his left was  good.C.Martin - 5 Pretty poor, passing was alright but too scared to shoot (even when he did shoot it was a poor effort, think he had 1 shot all game)Wilbraham - 5 Won bugger all in the air, passing waas poor at times.Subs:Holt - 8 Won more headers in 2 minutes  than Wilbraham won all game, seemed determined and hassled their defence, should of came on at half time.Jackson - 7 Almost scored, looked lively when he came on.Lappin - 6.5 Put some good balls in and worked hard.[/quote]Agree with most of your ratings except Wes who was by far our best player imo and deserves an 8 and Mcnamee illustated why he''s not good enough to start and was only a 5 for me. I lost count of the number of times that Mcnamee wasted good opportunities to cross the ball.

Rudd - 6/7 - not a lot to do, good save in the first half, didn''t come for one cross he should have and flapped at another.

R Martin - 6/7 - pretty sound defensively but didn''t do a lot to help Macca.

Barnett - 7 - pretty much always in control.

Whitbread - 7 - same as Barnett really.

Drury - 7 - solid.

McNamee - 5/6 - not his best performance but he didn''t get a lot of help out there.

Smith - 7 - good energy and pretty good on the ball but doesn''t really dictate the play or control the middle.

Fox - 6/7 - knocked the ball around well to begin with but ran out of ideas and started going downhill towards the end.

Hoolahan - 8/9 - carried the team, had far too much to do, if everyone had put as much in as he did then we''d have won the game comfortably.

Wilbraham - 5 - didn''t win a lot, slow to react, slow to move

Martin - 5 - offered very little, flicked at a couple of things but generally looked well off the pace.

The subs didn''t really change anything so I can''t be bothered with them.

This is the way I saw itRudd  5Martin  4Barnett 6Whitbread  5Drury  6Fox  5Smith 5Hoolahan 7Macnamee  4Martin  4Wilbraham  3And thats being fairly generous all round.

In fairness to both forwards, they did have to drop back into midfield to get the ball at all for most of the match.

I agree with MacNamee being a 5 at best.

The defence was surely good, except for the lack of marking that led to the goal.

The midfield was poor and did little to supply the strikers quickly. There is not much creativity in Smith and Fox, certainly not enough to cope with a packed penalty area and a side playing 4-1-4-1. Macnamee was poor, in fact no-one provided any sort of threatening cross until Lappin came on. Martin R. was not much better in crossing and Drury seldom got forward far enough.

My main concern was Hooly coming back to collect the ball or receiving it on the centre line and having to run with it for 30,40, even 50 yards. By the time he finished his run the Orient defence was packed and ready.

The finishing, what there was, was generally poor. We had several half chances on the edge of the penalty area, but hit them straight at defenders or high over the bar.

If PL has some money, we badly need to find a player who can hit hard into the top corner over a packed penalty area. We seem to lack anyone with this ability. A midfielder would do, but a striker might be even better.

Against Orient we needed slick interpassing to equalise soon after their goal. We didn''t get it and the result was predictable. Orient''s formation and tactics were too good for a midfield with few ideas and strikers lacking skill.

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Whitbread was terrible[/quote]

Must have seen a different game to me!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]McNamee bless him i am a fan but he played terrible too i counted at least 7 times where he crossed into the side netting[/quote]But you must of noticed that all of those crosses were with his right foot, seems his right isn''t good enough and was being forced onto it alot during the match/ Should of been on the left imo.Anyone notice his insain piece of skill he did? The zig zag type skill.

Hoolahan - 6 Passing rather poor, tried to beat his man but seemed tired

Load of rubbish... he was MOTM for me he was tired because he carried the whole team

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Anyone notice his insain piece of skill he did? The zig zag type skill.[/quote]So? Got him nowhere.

He has had plenty of chances playing 90mins and not impressed at all, impact player for me.