Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Sympathy for Burnley

Gotta admit, this time last week I was furious with them... now I kinda feel bad for them.....Lambert : - NoMalky :- NoHowe : -  NoOut of thier 6 man shortlist they have been refused by 3 ! The board and fans obviously have ambition and want to take the club to other places but alas the footballing world seems to agree with what we were all saying the other night....Why Burnley .......?!?!

Feel bad for the fans !We only just came out of crappy times, it must suck to be a Burnley fan and know that no one wants to manage you !

Couldn''t care less about them. Their fans are a joke, they still believe Lambert has done the dirty on them and are adament he wanted and agreed to go.

Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.It would do you good to remember that in the bigger picture we are not even all that !Pride comes before a fall guys !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.

It would do you good to remember that in the bigger picture we are not even all that !
Pride comes before a fall guys !
[/quote]really????????? To its fans Norwich City Fc IS ALL THAT!!!  what u been smoking???

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.It would do you good to remember that in the bigger picture we are not even all that !Pride comes before a fall guys ![/quote]really????????? To its fans Norwich City Fc IS ALL THAT!!!  what u been smoking???[/quote]Look ive had to put up with kids that dont read things properly all day, dont add to that list of muppets

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.

It would do you good to remember that in the bigger picture we are not even all that !
[/quote]really????????? To its fans Norwich City Fc IS ALL THAT!!!  what u been smoking???[/quote]

Look ive had to put up with kids that dont read things properly all day, dont add to that list of muppets
[/quote]Lol very adult reply!!! imho we are in the "bigger picture" ALL THAT!!!! at this present time we are the 23rd best team in England.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Lol very adult reply!!! imho we are in the "bigger picture" ALL THAT!!!! at this present time we are the 23rd best team in England.[/quote]I did not see anything wrong with it......Thats besides the point, I still remember relegation from the Premiership ( the first time ) and how bitter that was. The season prior to that we had beaten Bayern Munich for crying out loud.Closest we have gotten to Bayern Munich in recent history is Paul Lambert........although he played for Dortmund so its a tenuous link at the very best !What Im trying to say is.... We are a Big Club that fell from grace, although WE the fans never stopped looking at ourselves as a big club the reality was that we were a stuggling Championship team.Now under McNally and Lambert we have forged a new destiny for the club and look to perhaps become a yoyo club ( as I dare not hope we will actually be able to carve out a hold in the Prem )If you had told us the future in the Munich days we would have laughed.Hence i feel sympathy for Burnley as they are stood there shouting " We are a big club ffs" and the footballing world is basically saying "Tin Pot"

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Lol very adult reply!!! imho we are in the "bigger picture" ALL THAT!!!! at this present time we are the 23rd best team in England.[/quote]

I did not see anything wrong with it......

Thats besides the point, I still remember relegation from the Premiership ( the first time ) and how bitter that was. The season prior to that we had beaten Bayern Munich for crying out loud.
Closest we have gotten to Bayern Munich in recent history is Paul Lambert........although he played for Dortmund so its a tenuous link at the very best !

What Im trying to say is....

We are a Big Club that fell from grace, although WE the fans never stopped looking at ourselves as a big club the reality was that we were a stuggling Championship team.
Now under McNally and Lambert we have forged a new destiny for the club and look to perhaps become a yoyo club ( as I dare not hope we will actually be able to carve out a hold in the Prem )
If you had told us the future in the Munich days we would have laughed.

Hence i feel sympathy for Burnley as they are stood there shouting " We are a big club ffs" and the footballing world is basically saying "Tin Pot"
[/quote]Insult and name calling....but thats besides the point[;)]

I also remember the 1sr relegation when the season before we were 11 points clear at xmas and Munich also the milk cup win. I have been supporting City 30 yrs...But i still do not feel for Burnley and the way they conducted themselves over Lambert. How they see themselves as a BIG club is still beyond me...they have a small stadium and same with the support..Im not saying we have a 50,000 seater but its packed every home league game and im sure if they made it 30,000 it would be still packed[Y] would Burnleys be??? i think not. Tin pot is a bit harsh but bigger then us? NOPE for me..I know im bias but we are geared for the prem..we have a very nice stadium, fantastic support and also now a great Manager+Mcnally stearing us in the right direction. OTBC...hope we continue with a BIG win saturday to move us into second and then nick top spot a week later[Y]

No sympathy.

One season in the premiership does not give you right of passage to the best players or managers. How many seasons had they been mid-table or relegation contenders?

They chanced upon Coyle and won the play-offs. Well done to them but their best recent player is Robbie Blake and that says about as much about their club as you need to know.

Yadda yadda yadda, they have some ok players but in all seriousness are they really that good? Nope. They are not a prem team in terms of support or standing - Lambert and all of the other managers mentioned know that.

Malky having played for big clubs (Celtic, us, West Ham and Watford) knows that you can still attract good players even on a small budget if the club has good support at better known clubs - something not missed by many aspirational managers. And whilst they are trying to cut their teeth they know they are better off trying to build a reputation rather than hopping about from one place to another and only having reletive success.

For example around the rest of the country we were one of the favourites to go up last season. Lambert achieved that and whilst we know what that took I don''t think people looking from the outside do. This season we have done well, but as others have said it''s his first season in the championship and whilst we are in with a shot of the premiership there will be no reason for him to go.

Listening carefully to what he has said it sounds like he will only leave when he feels he has taken the club as far as he can or when he feels their is a better oppertunity for him elsewhere. Burnley offer neither of those.

Adding that to the fact he has previously stated that we are a team worthy of the premiership then I have a feeling that he will hang around a bit longer yet.

Burnley now onto target number 3.

Official approach made for Eddie Howe.

This could get even more embarrassing for them

There was a time, not long back, when several on here were declaring Burnley as the club we should emulate. I wonder what they think of their "model club" now?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.It would do you good to remember that in the bigger picture we are not even all that !Pride comes before a fall guys ![/quote]

Lambert has dome a great job for us, no doubt about that. However, we weren''t in a floundering mess when he took over. Gunn had already laid the foundations of a very good squad and Lambert subsequently stated that. Indeed the two "men of the match" against QPR were nelson who was the central pillar of our defence and of course Holt leading the attack up front. Praise Lambert by all means, I certainly do, but it''s a distortion of history to suggest that what he inherited was a foundering mess because that''s exactly what Gunn inherited not Lambert. The other favourite observation, including from neil Adams, is that "lambert has taken us from the bottom of the first division to the top of the Championship". Strictly speaking this is true but when Lambert took over the season was only two games old ! I can''t recall which other teams were in the bottom six when Lambert took over but it would be interesting to know.

[quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Some people around here are very quick to forget that we were a floundering mess before Lambert arrived.

[/quote] Lambert has dome a great job for us, no doubt about that. However, we weren''t in a floundering mess when he took over. Gunn had already laid the foundations of a very good squad and Lambert subsequently stated that. Indeed the two "men of the match" against QPR were nelson who was the central pillar of our defence and of course Holt leading the attack up front. Praise Lambert by all means, I certainly do, but it''s a distortion of history to suggest that what he inherited was a foundering mess because that''s exactly what Gunn inherited not Lambert. The other favourite observation, including from neil Adams, is that "lambert has taken us from the bottom of the first division to the top of the Championship". Strictly speaking this is true but when Lambert took over the season was only two games old ! I can''t recall which other teams were in the bottom six when Lambert took over but it would be interesting to know.[/quote]

Gunn had 8 months to turn a ''floundering mess'' into something half way decent.

I think the 7-1 defeat on the first day of the season spoke volumes about how he had failed to do that. Yes he brought in one or two decent players but that is not even half the battle.

didn''t Eddy Howe and the Bournemouth chairman go on ssn the other day declaring that he is staying with them???

i think Burnley are pi$$ing in the wind on this one again, i think the fa should intervene and tell them to stop making approaches to managers under contract.