Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Hoolahan man of the match? What a load of Number Two!

I would have given it to Wes tbh.  Russel Martin had another brilliant game but for me Wes just edged it.  He was pure quality and was involved in almost all out attacking play.  There can''t be anyone playing as well as him in the league at the moment.  If there is though, they must be some player!

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Ok, Wes was nice to watch, he pings it all around so well in midfield. But MOTM again? Surely it had to go to one of City''s best players this season.....

http://tinyurl.com/5r7xaa5

[/quote]Isn''t Hoolahan one of citys best players too? Although it''s the sponsors choice and sometimes they do indeed get it wrong, I thought he was outstanding today concidering the formation we were playing. Yes Martin had a great game too, but I think Hools edged it.Who''s this Nick person you''re linking too and why does his opinion count more than anyone else?

[quote user="Depraved"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Ok, Wes was nice to watch, he pings it all around so well in midfield. But MOTM again? Surely it had to go to one of City''s best players this season.....

[/quote]Isn''t Hoolahan one of citys best players too? Although it''s the sponsors choice and sometimes they do indeed get it wrong, I thought he was outstanding today concidering the formation we were playing. Yes Martin had a great game too, but I think Hools edged it.Who''s this Nick person you''re linking too and why does his opinion count more than anyone else?[/quote]I have it on good authority that the match sponsors had already submitted their choice before Martin scored today - I think that if it had been after that, they could have changed their minds. [;)]Still, both were equally brilliant today.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry, were you not watching the match!?

Wes was amazing today! Russell Martin did well, keeping Bellars quiet and obviously getting the goal but Wes ran the game from start to finish. He was the main attacking point as usual and he did well at trying to open the game up a bit.

For me Wes was easily the man of the match and for me it was one of his best performances in a Norwich shirt in all the years he''s been here!

Absolutely AMAZING!

AGAIN!

Very clever,like what you done there[;)]

I am with the others,Hoolahan for me today.

First game I have been to this season. The three players who stood out were Fox, R Martin and Wes.

Fox faded in the second half but was a good base for the diamond, while Martin truly impressed getting forward and defensively keeping bellars quiet.

However Wes was the quality performer on show today, in terms effort drive and quality. He worked hard and defended deep and unlike the rest of his midfield and striking colleagues wanted the ball all game.

He injected directness and pace into the attack and passed the ball well, without him we had no creative energy at all.

Russell martin was good and easily the second best player on show - but Wes was a class above everyone today

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]First game I have been to this season. The three players who stood out were Fox, R Martin and Wes.

Fox faded in the second half but was a good base for the diamond, while Martin truly impressed getting forward and defensively keeping bellars quiet.

However Wes was the quality performer on show today, in terms effort drive and quality. He worked hard and defended deep and unlike the rest of his midfield and striking colleagues wanted the ball all game.

He injected directness and pace into the attack and passed the ball well, without him we had no creative energy at all.

Russell martin was good and easily the second best player on show - but Wes was a class above everyone today[/quote]Totally agree with that Zipper. I would just add Barnett to the list as he not only covered the middle well, he covered Russell Martin brilliantly whenever he went forward.Wes though, was at the top of his form today and a joy to watch.

I know football''s all about opinions, but seriously? Thought it was pretty obvious that Hoolahan was our best player today.

Wes was definitely MOM. Was everywhere including the final ten minutes or so. Barely lost possession throughout the match and always looked most likely to unlock which was a well marshalled defence. Probably his best game in a Canary shirt.

For me MOTM was the outstanding Fox. Everything good today came through him but I thought the whole team was superb. We didn''t win but we played some great stuff and a team that has been expensively put together were happy in the end to get a point.

We dominated the league favourites so got to be happy with that.

[quote user="Big Slob"]I know football''s all about opinions, but seriously? Thought it was pretty obvious that Hoolahan was our best player today.
[/quote]

He wins some, he loses some but his passes cut open Cardiff like a knife through butter. Definitely MOTM! Although everyone played fairly well today, minus Lansbury, who I though was very poor.