Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Am I the only person who thinks Chris Martin is lazy?

[quote user="huckerby6"]i can''t believe i''m reading such a thread on one of our players.Would expect it if we were down near the bottom and struggling to score goals,but as we are 3rd in the table having scored a hatfull of goals this season it''s unbelievable that someone can criticize one of our players for being lazy.[/quote]  I find it unbelievable that so many people cannot see that it is a part of his game that he needs to work on. I could have said that Chris Martin is the finished article and has no weaknesses in his game, but that would be unbelievable.

Also, wanting Martin to run around more...

How do you know he''s told not too?

The Reading game is a prime example, in the second half he went sprinting after every long ball, quite clearly told by Lambert to do that.

So in games when Holt is there to do the leg work, how do you know Martin hasn''t been told to reserve his energy?

The 90th minute and we break away and one of our midfielders had enoough energy to support the break away and pull out a top save from thier keeper. That was Chrissy Martin.

Fair enough some fans want to see players rushing around until they are so knackered they can''t last the full game (a-la Wilbraham) but most of us want to see something a bit more measured and ultimately more productive.

No he''s not lazy. Lambert dosen''t think so, Maybe you should wonder why you are at odds with him.

Didn''t really want to get into a debate about Chris Martin, because quite obviously their is a divide in opinion and i don''t think anything either side will say will change the others opinion.

But bottom line is Lambert thinks he''s good enough to start most matches!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Also, wanting Martin to run around more... How do you know he''s told not too? The Reading game is a prime example, in the second half he went sprinting after every long ball, quite clearly told by Lambert to do that. So in games when Holt is there to do the leg work, how do you know Martin hasn''t been told to reserve his energy?[/quote]  Try reading my earlier comment when I said Martin could have been told by the coaching staff to play that way.  Whatever Lambert and Culverhouse say is fine with me as they are paid to manage the club.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="huckerby6"]i can''t believe i''m reading such a thread on one of our players.Would expect it if we were down near the bottom and struggling to score goals,but as we are 3rd in the table having scored a hatfull of goals this season it''s unbelievable that someone can criticize one of our players for being lazy.[/quote]  I find it unbelievable that so many people cannot see that it is a part of his game that he needs to work on. I could have said that Chris Martin is the finished article and has no weaknesses in his game, but that would be unbelievable.[/quote]To be fair, is anyone else listening to the game today?  I haven''t heard

Chris Martin touch the ball once yet, he''s probably hiding on the

halfway line and occasionally walking around a bit to keep warm.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="huckerby6"]i can''t believe i''m reading such a thread on one of our players.Would expect it if we were down near the bottom and struggling to score goals,but as we are 3rd in the table having scored a hatfull of goals this season it''s unbelievable that someone can criticize one of our players for being lazy.[/quote]  I find it unbelievable that so many people cannot see that it is a part of his game that he needs to work on. I could have said that Chris Martin is the finished article and has no weaknesses in his game, but that would be unbelievable.[/quote]

To be fair, is anyone else listening to the game today?  I haven''t heard Chris Martin touch the ball once yet, he''s probably hiding on the halfway line and occasionally walking around a bit to keep warm.

[/quote]You will not hear his name because he is on the bench.  I guess all that effort he put in on Saturday means he needs a rest.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]The 90th minute and we break away and one of our midfielders had enoough energy to support the break away and pull out a top save from thier keeper. That was Chrissy Martin. Fair enough some fans want to see players rushing around until they are so knackered they can''t last the full game (a-la Wilbraham) but most of us want to see something a bit more measured and ultimately more productive. No he''s not lazy. Lambert dosen''t think so, Maybe you should wonder why you are at odds with him.[/quote] Not today because Martin is on the bench.

Silver, i think you need to take everyone who agreed with you some fair distance from Carrow Road, into a locked building......no one that stupid should be allowed out in public

[quote user="hogesar"]Silver, i think you need to take everyone who agreed with you some fair distance from Carrow Road, into a locked building......no one that stupid should be allowed out in public
[/quote]Have you ever considered that those who disagree with me are actually the clever ones and the rest are not as clever.  I will not accuse you of being stupid as I don''t know you.  When you assume you are right every time it is a sign of arrogance.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="hogesar"]Silver, i think you need to take everyone who agreed with you some fair distance from Carrow Road, into a locked building......no one that stupid should be allowed out in public
[/quote]Have you ever considered that those who disagree with me are actually the clever ones and the rest are not as clever.  I will not accuse you of being stupid as I don''t know you.  When you assume you are right every time it is a sign of arrogance.[/quote]

Er - yes, I had.

[quote user="Ed Miliband"]

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="hogesar"]Silver, i think you need to take everyone who agreed with you some fair distance from Carrow Road, into a locked building......no one that stupid should be allowed out in public
[/quote]Have you ever considered that those who disagree with me are actually the clever ones and the rest are not as clever.  I will not accuse you of being stupid as I don''t know you.  When you assume you are right every time it is a sign of arrogance.[/quote]

Er - yes, I had.

[/quote]

No wonder you have Ed Milliband as your avatar..... LOL

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="huckerby6"]i can''t believe i''m reading such a thread on one of our players.Would expect it if we were down near the bottom and struggling to score goals,but as we are 3rd in the table having scored a hatfull of goals this season it''s unbelievable that someone can criticize one of our players for being lazy.[/quote]  I find it unbelievable that so many people cannot see that it is a part of his game that he needs to work on. I could have said that Chris Martin is the finished article and has no weaknesses in his game, but that would be unbelievable.[/quote]To be fair, is anyone else listening to the game today?  I haven''t heard Chris Martin touch the ball once yet, he''s probably hiding on the halfway line and occasionally walking around a bit to keep warm.

[/quote]You will not hear his name because he is on the bench.  I guess all that effort he put in on Saturday means he needs a rest.[/quote]Wwwwoooosshhh!

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Herman "]Not anymore. Come on Chrissy[Y][/quote]  Did he turn the game around when he came on?[/quote]

I don''t know,i wasn''t there! Maybe he steadied the good ship[:)]

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Herman "]Not anymore. Come on Chrissy[Y][/quote]  Did he turn the game around when he came on?[/quote]

LOL so you really think Martin was dropped to put Tudor - Jones in the team ?. Holt went of Knackered after 70 minutes does that now make him lazy and unfit ? We are second in the league and to get there every player has to put in 100 % effort or we would be lucky to be half way. You should have got on Canary call with the rest of the fans slateing our team.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="lobstercatcher2"]ffs we are 3rd in the league and all some of you do is moan about our players,why don''t you just shut the fu@k up and enjoy.........this is the kind of shitty thread that stopped me posting on here[/quote]  One of the reasons I stopped posting is that people like you cannot reply to a simple post without having to swear.  If you read my post properly and engaged your brain before replying you would see that I agree that Chris Martin can score goals, my question was do people think he is lazy?  I would love to sit next to you at a match and see whether you ever moan about any player, that is assuming you actually go to matches.[/quote]season ticket holder mate,considering you stopped posting theres alot of cr@pfrom you on this thread

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="silver fox"]

Every game I watch lately Chris Martin seems to put very little effort in.  I watch Grant Holt lose the ball, but he goes straight back in again to try and retrieve the situation.  Holt is always closing defenders down and does not give them a minutes peace.  On the other hand Martin strolls around and very rarely closes any defender down.  Whenever he loses the ball he just stands still and shrugs his shoulder, but never attempts to win it back, which I find very frustrating.  When he does try to get stuck in he invariably gives away a free kick in a dangerous position.

He can get away with this when he is putting the ball in the net, because there is no doubt he is a good finisher, but yesterday he had two clear cut chances to finish the game off, but failed both times.

Maybe Lambert should give him a rest and play Jackson alongside Holt and Wilbraham.

[/quote] No you are not the only one who thinks CM is lazy...there are other people who seem to have limited knowledge of football that watch city too. I''d like to think I''m not in your gang as I think he''s the best young player we have at the club and I don''t get confused with body language and the odd tantrum/"lad" attitude as opposed to a lack of effort. He''s a class act in my book and will only get better.[/quote]  You are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us.  I have been watching Norwich since 1959 and have seen a lot of strikers in that time and quite frankly I stick to my original post that I think he is lazy. I cannot see any Premiership side coming in for Martin in the transfer window, but good luck to him if one does.[/quote]

Did I say a prem club would/should come in for him then? I think not. I did say that he is our best young player we have

, and I still believe that.

Re "been watching city since 59"....blah blah blah...well done for being old.

(my two granddad''s both watched city from the 30''s onwards, one of them knew the game inside out and taught me loads....I''m not sure the other one had a clue even though even after 60 year bless his soul...so experience means nothing if you haven''t got a clue in the first place).

...so the "50 years man and boy" line doest rub with me Mr S Fox.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="silver fox"]

Every game I watch lately Chris Martin seems to put very little effort in.  I watch Grant Holt lose the ball, but he goes straight back in again to try and retrieve the situation.  Holt is always closing defenders down and does not give them a minutes peace.  On the other hand Martin strolls around and very rarely closes any defender down.  Whenever he loses the ball he just stands still and shrugs his shoulder, but never attempts to win it back, which I find very frustrating.  When he does try to get stuck in he invariably gives away a free kick in a dangerous position.

He can get away with this when he is putting the ball in the net, because there is no doubt he is a good finisher, but yesterday he had two clear cut chances to finish the game off, but failed both times.

Maybe Lambert should give him a rest and play Jackson alongside Holt and Wilbraham.

[/quote]

And yet Holt was slated for this a few weeks ago as he was a forward not scoring goals. He was also hounded out of Forest as he did not score goals. English football is 10 years behind the rest of europe hence why the Holts of world football are disappearing. If you want to carry on watching this type of football you need to hope we dont get to the premiership and if we do you will find Holt will be red carded most games he plays. If you go and watch league 2 football you will see 11 Holts on the pitch and plenty of hoofing the ball 100 feet in the air. Holt Martin Hoolahan Wilbra and Jackson are all essential to our team as they all bring totally different things and that includes having to have a centre forward like Holt as otherwise we would conceed to many goals.   

With Jackson in the starting line up we acheived our worst results, this reminds me of the get rid of the diamond last year although there is a possibility that Jackson will play tomorrow but only because he is fresher and his pace against a side that have played 4 games in just over a week could be decisive. 

[/quote]I''ve read some rubbish on here, but that lot''s certainly a contender for the worst.