Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

2011/12 Season ticket details

I do feel a bit sorry for the like of Mello and 59er. A 30% increase is too much, I know I wouldn''t pay it if I was them.

Now they do have two choices they have are to pay or not pay and find somwhere else. However most of all the decent views around the ground are already taken up by season ticket holders. I know this as I''m normally stuck in crap seats if I don''t book early. The chances are the comparible seats in the Jarrold are already taken up.

Then again they might be able to take up the seats given up by all those 60-65''s who are moaning because they aren''t getting a benefit for the "retired" anymore.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

I do feel a bit sorry for the like of Mello and 59er. A 30% increase is too much, I know I wouldn''t pay it if I was them.

[/quote]They''re just snobs! If you have to ask the price in a restaurant...you can''t afford to eat there!

[quote user="Davo"]

Now they do have two choices they have are to pay or not pay and find somwhere else. However most of all the decent views around the ground are already taken up by season ticket holders. I know this as I''m normally stuck in crap seats if I don''t book early. The chances are the comparible seats in the Jarrold are already taken up.

Then again they might be able to take up the seats given up by all those 60-65''s who are moaning because they aren''t getting a benefit for the "retired" anymore.

Davo

[/quote]

It''s not sympathy we''re looking for Davo, it''s broadly similar treatment to the rest of season ticket holders.

You''re also right, in as much as the alternatives aren''t really comparable to the current seats and the alternatives are actually fairly limited, due to the significant number of season ticket holders.

I do wonder if the Board are "testing the water" on the Lounge season ticket holders in terms of major price increases? It would be ironic, assuming the majority do renew through limited choice, if there were similar prices increases in Adult prices across the board next season? Then the levels of outrage and bleating from the majority would undoubtly increase. 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Davo"]

[/quote]They''re just snobs! If you have to ask the price in a restaurant...you can''t afford to eat there![/quote]

The restaurant analogy is somewhat rubbish, as there are plenty of resturants out there to choose from, should one particular one suddenly become expensive, however, there is only one club I want to buy a season ticket for and only a limited choice of alternative seats available.

And to think just a few seasons ago some of the same people were complaining about what was described as "Delia''s season ticket scam" where fans were supposedly blackmailed into buying their season tickets at dirt cheap prices regardless of the quality on the pitch.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Davo"]

[/quote]They''re just snobs! If you have to ask the price in a restaurant...you can''t afford to eat there![/quote]

Just a small portion of chips for you on the market.....maybe with a sausage, when you''re feeling a bit flush....Tight Wad....

Have you got a season ticket yet.....? Then you may have the right to criticise those who have....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And to think just a few seasons ago some of the same people were complaining about what was described as "Delia''s season ticket scam" where fans were supposedly blackmailed into buying their season tickets at dirt cheap prices regardless of the quality on the pitch.

[/quote]

If you say so....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you say so....

[/quote]

Well I was going to say you had a point. It does seem to me that those increases are unfair and although you have the option to move I can understand your reluctance because the friendships made through football are a big part of going to games.

It seems that the club recognised the oppurtunity to strike whilst the clubs on the up. At present we are in a play-off place and while there''s a chance of promotion the fans will renew anyway. But even that is no excuse for not treating everyone equally. So McNally obviously believes that your ticket is underpriced and that the Hoi Polloi have been subsidising you for years. Or that''s how it feels to me.

But then I remembered that you would probably still moan if you got your ticket for nothing[:O][:''(]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]59er, all my friends and family are working class and none of them would even consider a ticket in the most expensive part of the ground. You have a choice between a 43% increase, or a % decrease if you try another area of the ground. Can`t see anything to moan about there.[/quote]

I''ve just got in from work......

The City Stand isn''t the most expensive part of the ground.

Hopefully, the club will also in the near future, astronomically raise the cost of the seats in the cheaper areas of the ground, and price and force the likes of you out of the stadium....Then the comfortably rich folk like me, can then sit in the ''no frills'' cheaper areas - and only the really rich will be able to afford sit in the City Stand....Sounds fair.....

But then, you don''t have a season ticket either.....do you. But you do like to have a go at those who have....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you say so....

[/quote]

Well I was going to say you had a point. It does seem to me that those increases are unfair and although you have the option to move I can understand your reluctance because the friendships made through football are a big part of going to games.

It seems that the club recognised the oppurtunity to strike whilst the clubs on the up. At present we are in a play-off place and while there''s a chance of promotion the fans will renew anyway. But even that is no excuse for not treating everyone equally. So McNally obviously believes that your ticket is underpriced and that the Hoi Polloi have been subsidising you for years. Or that''s how it feels to me.

But then I remembered that you would probably still moan if you got your ticket for nothing[:O][:''(]

[/quote]

I really can''t wait till the club dramatically increase the cost of the ''cheaper'' seats.....It''ll come.

Then only the ''Hoi Polloi'' will be able to afford it....Which counts you out, ''Bingo bogbrush beer-pump boy''.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you say so....

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really can''t wait till the club dramatically increase the cost of the ''cheaper'' seats.....It''ll come.

Then only the ''Hoi Polloi'' will be able to afford it....Which counts you out, ''Bingo bogbrush beer-pump boy''.....

[/quote]

If you say so....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you say so....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you say so....

[/quote]

[8] "Bye, bayer, bogbrush....bogbrush bye bayer "....[8]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Davo"]

Just a small portion of chips for you on the market.....maybe with a sausage, when you''re feeling a bit flush....Tight Wad....

Have you got a season ticket yet.....? Then you may have the right to criticise those who have....

[/quote]

I''m not being critical. Just pointing out that £31 for some of the best seats in the house is still quite cheap. Imagine what you would have to pay for similar seats at Newcastle.........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Davo"]

[/quote]

I''m not being critical. Just pointing out that £31 for some of the best seats in the house is still quite cheap. Imagine what you would have to pay for similar seats at Newcastle.........

[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought you knew what £31.00 looked like?....Pet.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t. I leave that to my accountants....Pet.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you pay them in chips, and award them with a bonus of a sausage at Christmas?

[quote user="GMF"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]59er, all my friends and family are working class and none of them would even consider a ticket in the most expensive part of the ground. You have a choice between a 43% increase, or a % decrease if you try another area of the ground. Can`t see anything to moan about there.[/quote]

Get your facts right Mr C, the 59er''s lounge is neither "the most expensive part of the ground," nor does it require any "class" background checks before admission is granted.

We all have our own varying reasons for our particular preferred choice of stand / seat but it doesn''t make one particular supporter inferior or superior to another. Generally, across the years, prices have increased by similar amounts from stand to stand, however, on this occassion, the Lounge areas have increased by over 30%. That''s a fact and I would suggest that your view would be different if, say, all Adult prices, or, all student prices where suddenly hicked by similar percentage increase?

[/quote]

It`s one of the most expensive parts of the ground. And where have i said there`s a class check to go in that area? Another poster stated that it`s where the hoi polloi go and that is patently, obviously untrue.

Where have i said "one supporter is inferior to another"? And prices haven`t gone up accross the board have they; which is my entire point. Apparently these people are incredibly hard-up and can`t afford the increase, yet have seemingly failed to notice that if they sit almost anywhere else in the ground there chances of bankruptcy will be greatly diminished! Why do i feel i`ve touched a nerve with my "mixing with the hoi-polloi in the cheap seats" comment.......?

Mello, i don`t have a season-ticket because i work till 9pm therefore can`t do evening games and am away 10-15 weeks of the year. To be blunt the club make more money out of me and a few of my "casual supporter" mates than if we could be ars*d to organise a shared season ticket. And i`m not having a go at season-ticket holders, just pointing out how ridiculous it looks to whine that you can`t afford something when you could pay less than you`re paying even this season almost anywhere else in the ground! And i seem to remember you having a good old moan on the threads threatening insurrection about casual prices earlier in the season, yet you don`t have to pay them do you.....?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you pay them in chips, and award them with a bonus of a sausage at Christmas?

[/quote]

You''ve swerved round my original point nicely so let''s try again.......

Do you really believe £31 is too much to pay for a prime seat, bearing in mind we could be watching Premiership football next season?

Was chatting to the couple near me at footy they are both 62 ish  and they dont think they will renew and pay the increase, think for the pair of them in total it was several hundred pounds. They said if it had been stepped in a bit each year it wouldnt have been so bad but all at once was too much.

I think they will lose quite a lot of st holders in the 60 - 64 range who cant afford such a hefty increase.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Mello, i don`t have a season-ticket because i work till 9pm therefore can`t do evening games and am away 10-15 weeks of the year. To be blunt the club make more money out of me and a few of my "casual supporter" mates than if we could be ars*d to organise a shared season ticket. And i`m not having a go at season-ticket holders, just pointing out how ridiculous it looks to whine that you can`t afford something when you could pay less than you`re paying even this season almost anywhere else in the ground! And i seem to remember you having a good old moan on the threads threatening insurrection about casual prices earlier in the season, yet you don`t have to pay them do you.....?[/quote]

Contrary to popular belief, I''m far from ''hoi polloi'' my work clothes will testify that, (and neither, am I a Geordie)....

I have absolutely no objection to paying an increase in the price of my season ticket. I was prepared for an expected minimum of 8% and up to around 12% or 13%.....and would have accepted that level of increase without complaint.....From paying £530.00 to £695.00 before the first deadline, is in my opinion, quite a surprise and quite an amount.....I used to pay for my seat and not the ''additions'' that the club are offering as supposed complementary.....I don''t want or require them, but I''m forced to pay for them regardless, and they''re not optional....If folk want programmes, plasma and padding.....they will purchase them as they do now in the City Stand lounges.....These complementary, aren''t actually complementary....are they? They''re ''Will haves''.....

What would folk in the Barclay, Snakepit or River End think, if the club had whacked a similar increase on the season tickets in that part of the stadium - but, because it includes a complementary programme, padding and a coffee, do you think that everyone in those areas would accept it without raising an eyebrow? 

Or, is the real crux of the matter (and the actual real reason behind those firing retorts at my displeasure at the price rise), is really because they ignorantly assume it is the Upmarket City Stand - and because that''s where some folk pay a bit more for a season ticket....Who cares if they''ve been slammed with a price increase...they can afford it! I may just loiter around the club car park and jump on the golf buggy and travel in style to the front of the City Stand....Isn''t that complementary?

I may move elsewhere - as I''ll pay less.....I''m pretty sure I won''t be the only one.....

If I don''t move, "as I''m a creature of habit" - and I actually do think that''s probably what the marketing people at the club are relying on. I may donate my cold cuppa and programme to Lappinitup - as I pass him sat on a pi$$ stained blanket in some doorway on Prince of Wales Road, whilst I make my way to the boozer....

I''ve held and loyally renewed my season ticket for many, many, seasons....Even when crowds were less 14,000....or less.

''Like it or lump it'' isn''t in my opinion the way to appease loyalty....But, it is a business after all.....I''m sure some affluent will be chomping at the bit to leap into my old City Stand seat - while I trudge begrudgingly to some $hite seat amongst the unwashed oiks, anorak stattos and flippant foul-mouth chavs feasting on turnip sandwiches....

Full circle.......after me, just a working class bloke, tried to better myself....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve swerved round my original point nicely so let''s try again.......

Do you really believe £31 is too much to pay for a prime seat, bearing in mind we could be watching Premiership football next season?

[/quote]

WE?.....Does that mean you are now going to be a regular at Carra - instead of a casual opportunistic supporter without a season-ticket?

Instead of asking me if it''s VFM. Why don''t you pay £31 quid and move into my prime seat when I vacate it? Do you think it''ll be good value - bearing in mind we could be in the Premiership next season? You would only have to fork out a mere £741.00 for the privilege....I mean, you always have a go at people who tell Delia how to spend her money....

It''s a prime seat.....Although, you will get some funny looks from the surrounding onlooking ''hoi polloi'' whilst you eat your cold chips at half-time....

You can always dip your cold chips into your complementary coffee.....(warm ''em up a bit).... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

WE?.....Does that mean you are now going to be a regular at Carra - instead of a casual opportunistic supporter without a season-ticket?

[/quote]It means we''ll be on the TV more pet.

And as for the coffee...you always strike me as a bitter man........

Mello,

There was a big article in the EEN tonight about the big rise in concessionary season ticket and some examples of the increases people were being asked to pay. Got the impression the club have had loads of complaints and there has ALSO been a steady flow of letters in the EDP/EEN since they were announced.

CA

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It means we''ll be on the TV more pet.

And as for the coffee...you always strike me as a bitter man........

[/quote]

And you always strike me as a tight-fisted welded wallet - who would sneakingly swipe and guzzle my bitter while I wasn''t looking....

Do you quaff the leftovers at the Bayer.....?

Maybe you collect the empties for a free half.....?

"Bor".....or, should that be Bore?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

And you always strike me as a tight-fisted welded wallet - who would sneakingly swipe and guzzle my bitter while I wasn''t looking....

[/quote]I''m not the one who is whingeing about ticket prices Mello. Surely the people who are are the tight-fisted ones! [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Mello,

There was a big article in the EEN tonight about the big rise in concessionary season ticket and some examples of the increases people were being asked to pay. Got the impression the club have had loads of complaints and there has ALSO been a steady flow of letters in the EDP/EEN since they were announced.

CA

[/quote]

Can''t think why folk should complain?.....It''s VFM.....What recession? Aren''t Norfolk salaries on par with London?

I wonder if next season, the complementary tea/coffee maxpax cups - will be the smaller size?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I''m not the one who is whingeing about ticket prices Mello. Surely the people who are are the tight-fisted ones! [;)][/quote]

I have a season ticket.....you don''t. But then you whinge at me whingeing about the rise in season ticket costs when you yourself, aren''t prepared to to purchase a season-ticket?

Because it is you that is tight-fisted and are unlikely to invest in one....Is it because you don''t think Carra gives VFM?

Or, is it that you would rather spend your disposable income on chips and the occasional battered sausage....and perching your rotund rump on a Bayer bar stool.....beer swillin''...''Bore?''

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I have a season ticket.....you don''t. But then you whinge at me whingeing about the rise in season ticket costs when you yourself, aren''t prepared to to purchase a season-ticket?

Because it is you that is tight-fisted and are unlikely to invest in one....Is it because you don''t think Carra gives VFM?

Or, is it that you would rather spend your disposable income on chips and the occasional battered sausage....and perching your rotund rump on a Bayer bar stool.....beer swillin''...''Bore?''

[/quote]Hey, that''s an idea Mello. Why don''t you come to our next meet-up at the Bayer? I''ll happily buy you a pint of your favourite bitter to prove I''m not really "tight-fisted" and you can chat to me (in your broad Norfolk accent of course) about all things NCFC. I might even give you one of my cold chips! [;)]