Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

350 Extra STs Available

[quote user="morty"]Uh-oh, not the student discount debate again.

I''m keeping out of this.
[/quote]

I am a student. I may complain but I love the club so I scrape the money together each year and cough up for a season ticket. Just means staying off the booze and non essentials. But its worth it. Just my opinion though.

This latest move is a clear indication that the club realises that not having casual 16-21 tickets will result in many in that age bracket without season tickets being unable to afford to go to home games.

Its acceptable that casual ticket prices should work out more expensive than season tickets are when divided by the 23 home League games in order to make season tickets more cost effective, rewarding ST holders for their commitment but expecting 16-21''s to pay full adult prices is akin to shooting oneself in the foot!

How many 16 year olds and many up to 21 years old can afford to pay up to £33 for just one game of football unless they are bankrolled by rich parents?

Many adults with good jobs would find prices like that for 2nd Division football very expensive so 16-21''s who are mostly either students with low paid part time jobs or full time workers at the bottom of their Companies ladder on lowish wages have no chance!

The exact thing has occurred at Ips hit in recent years which has resulted in their crowds now under 20,000.

A lot of our success in attracting big crowds has been due to offering tickets at good value to different groups of society. Yes increases had to happen but the club has over stepped the mark and I hope club officials read this!

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]Uh-oh, not the student discount debate again.I''m keeping out of this.[/quote]

I am a student. I may complain but I love the club so I scrape the money together each year and cough up for a season ticket. Just means staying off the booze and non essentials. But its worth it. Just my opinion though.

[/quote]Not all have the same attitude though.Yours is the correct one lol!

Under 21 season ticket in The Barclay = £196 (yes it may vary up or down per stand)Adult ticket, as pointed out on here, £31An under 21 season ticket works out at roughly 7 games, of adult prices.Paying for 7 games at adult price, out of 23 home games. If you think you are going to get to 7 games this season, but can''t guarantee getting to more, or when you can go, just get a season ticket... Then you don''t have to have the trouble of getting a ticket for Leeds, Ipsh!t etc... If you can''t make it, offer your ticket as buy back or sell it to a mate for (a price that shall remain undisclosed) maybe? (no pete, i''m not encouraging selling tickets, blah blah blah...) Even in todays climate, £196 is not a huge amount for 23 days worth of enjoyment. Works out roughly £8.50 a game. Or even share a ticket with a mate, as suggested earlier...This, in my opinion would be the logical thing.

[quote user="morty"]Uh-oh, not the student discount debate again.I''m keeping out of this.[/quote]pussy

At the risk of repeating myself, this was a great gesture by the club in response to demand and as witnessed on this site many young people have now benefited. Enjoy.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

At the risk of repeating myself, this was a great gesture by the club in response to demand and as witnessed on this site many young people have now benefited. Enjoy.

[/quote]

Do you know if all the great gesture 350 extra season tickets - have been snapped up?

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="morty"]Uh-oh, not the student discount debate again.I''m keeping out of this.[/quote]

[/quote]But most students live in other areas of the country and can''t get to enough games to justisy buying a season ticket. Rather than getting to 5/6 home games a season I shall only do 1 or 2 now. I can''t spend almost £30 for 90mins of football.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productSeason.aspx[/quote] I tried this but it won''t let me log in or register new. I tried e-mailing the club but it won''t let me do that either (great IT). Rough idea on price would be good.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="barclayendstand"]http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productSeason.aspx[/quote]

I tried this but it won''t let me log in or register new. I tried e-mailing the club but it won''t let me do that either (great IT). Rough idea on price would be good.
[/quote]

There are a few tickets scattered around the ground. Mainly in the lower sections. The cost is £470 + £1.50 booking fee if bought online.

Hope this helps.

[quote user="mastoola"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="barclayendstand"]http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productSeason.aspx[/quote] I tried this but it won''t let me log in or register new. I tried e-mailing the club but it won''t let me do that either (great IT). Rough idea on price would be good.[/quote]

There are a few tickets scattered around the ground. Mainly in the lower sections. The cost is £470 + £1.50 booking fee if bought online.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]Cheers Mastoola, much appreciated. wanted to know if I could get two and justify missing 25-50% of the games, but I don''t think I can.

I remember recently making a case for the Club selling a further 500 season tickets on a related thread.

It is all to do with the tipping point of supply and demand and this has been affected by the online booking service that shows fans openly and clearly what is available.

By reducing the number of casual seats the availability naturally reduces and with the general casual sales, area which have good availability become areas with limited availability. Anything limited naturally has a higher value and desirability....simple.

Just logged in and checked the price of season tickets.

Adult prices.

Lower/Upper River End £403

Upper Barclay and Snake Pit £418

Jarrold Stand Centre Blocks £470

Jarrold Stand End Blocks £428