Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

empty seats

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Agreed SoB. The club should encourage the youngsters, they are the fans of the future with 60 or 70 years support in front of them. They should balance the books by doing away with the over 60 concessions. There''s no long term benefit in encouraging them[:O].

Start the concessions at 65

[/quote]

I''m sure thats being thought about Nutty.

this has all been said before and getting rather boring, but lets clarify a few things, we do not over charge, our ticket prices are in line with other clubs in not better the scum being a prime example. perrsonally i am glad prices have gone up, football rightly or wrongly its is also a business, we cannot not afford to be little norwich anymore hence 25 mil debt. sucess costs money people, i will happily pay more if it gi es us a stronger club, just look at the signings we made.

[quote user="simo86"]this has all been said before and getting rather boring, but lets clarify a few things, we do not over charge, our ticket prices are in line with other clubs in not better the scum being a prime example. perrsonally i am glad prices have gone up, football rightly or wrongly its is also a business, we cannot not afford to be little norwich anymore hence 25 mil debt. sucess costs money people, i will happily pay more if it gi es us a stronger club, just look at the signings we made.[/quote]Then let''s make it £100 per ticket per game.

The thing that needs to be remembered about casual supporters as well is that they are not season ticket holders for a reason. The main reasons I can see for not having a season ticket are:

1. Work Commitments/Location: This means that regardless of price these people are not going to come to games. So this is obviously not that relevant to the discussion.

2. Not actually feeling that strongly enough about the team to warrant buying a season ticket. So lets face it, it is unlikely this kind of supporter that we''re trying to pull in are going to feel strongly enough about paying £31 for a ticket.

3. There will also be people out there who love the club but cant go because of financial constraints. As a student last year (I know we don''t exactly live in luxury) but that kind of money would have gone a long way towards feeding myself well for the week.

However as a season ticket holder I would obviously be a bit cheesed off if casual supporters were paying less than me per game. So the club need to find a happy medium in which they reward season ticket holders but also take into account the factors above. However I still maintain that McNally is one of the best in the business so I am sure he can find a way if he thinks things arent working.

I have 2 season tickets despite only being able to get to about 50% of the games.

Whilst I agree that making Swansea a grade A game is questionable our pricing policy is generally in line with others.

I can understand why people would avoid buying drinks and food at carrow road but of course this potentially has an upside for the club (not having to have so many staff to serve)

it is sad that some people cannot afford to go to football but in all reality if £5 really makes that much difference you probably cant afford to go regardless of the price.

We all need to make choices and decide what we spend our money on and we want a team that is able to compete.

it may be that if you are a casual fan you can only attend 4 instead of 5 games per seaon or 8 instead of 10.

I am sure the club is more than happy with the attendances so far and have the flexibility to rate games to increase attendance if neccesary. The truth is casual support however loyal does not pay the bills the players need paying every week.

If I look on the bright side at least it means im probably not paying much more for the games i can get to than a casual supporter.

I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.

I think it is a valid option if tickets will not be sold elsewhere. perhaps there could be a system where if tickets are still available 24 hours before the game they are offered at a discount to kids (accompanied by a full paying adult)

its all very well to secure the future fan base of a club that may go out of business if we don''t get enough cash in

What an interesting view Yarmyed, the way I see it that casual fans could be the season ticket holders of the future, lets not forget that season tickets are pratically a "closed shop" in that people renew them year on year and that very few come up for grabs after the renewal process is completed (and there is a waiting list for those that do), lets also not forget that the clubs own Fans Charter puts a cap on the number of seasons tickets sold.  You also seem to forget that a lot of casual fans have purchased membership tickets. I think most of us accept and understand the need for th club to be commercial, on a personal level I believe the cost of tickets for a family group attending is prohibitive, and that the cost of tickets for under 12 year olds is on the high side and believe that this is something the club should look at

I think you will find that there is something in the league rules regarding maximum percentage of season tickets. There were season tickets available this year (I know because I bought 2 after not having them last season for the first time in about 20 years)

it is always possible to share season tickets if you cannot get to all games or cannot afford a full season ticket.

I agree the kids prices seem high , but other ticket prices are reasonable

[quote user="Cluck"]I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.[/quote]I actually agree with every word of that post.  So the question is Cluck, are you unwell or am I ? [:s]

KG - There is definitely an NCFC  Fans Charter that caps the amount of season tickets sold, it could be that this is based on the Football League rules. I wonder how many season tickets were up for grabs this season and how many people there are on the season ticket waiting list...

[quote user="Cluck"]I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?

Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.

Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.
[/quote]

Quite agree Cluck, we do need to think about the future of the club and reducing prices for kids to fill the empty seats must be step 1

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluck"]I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.[/quote]

Quite agree Cluck, we do need to think about the future of the club and reducing prices for kids to fill the empty seats must be step 1

[/quote]---This is the point that some posters on this subject still

seem unable to grasp. No-one is arguing that the club shouldn''t try to

boost revenues but prices raised too much can mean lower revenues in the

short-term AND the long-term.

Take this as an admittedly rough and ready hypothetical example. A

stadium with 5,000 casual ticket seats for home supporters, all priced

at £20. No variations.

Selling every seat (which is what has been happening) brings in £100,000 per game.

A price rise to £30 would theoretically bring in £150,000. But it puts

off 2,000 supporters. It only brings in £90,000 You''re £10,000 down, not

up. And you''ve lost 2,000 fans.

But say that £30 price only puts off 1,000 fans. You get 4,000 in,

producing £120,000. An extra £20,000 is not to be sniffed at over a

season, although it''s hardly going to make a big dent in the (totally

hypothetical debt of, say, £23m).

But you have still lost 1,000 fans. In the longer run that loss of part

of a generation (with the consequent falling off in attendances) adds up

to a massive loss of income far outweighing the short-term gains,

because you won''t keep getting 4,000 in. Over time that number will

reduce to 3,000, and then to 2,000, and so on, and you''re back to losing

money. And losing it permanently.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"]I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.[/quote]I actually agree with every word of that post.  So the question is Cluck, are you unwell or am I ? [:s][/quote]I just think I''m getting tired of being a naughty boy.......I''ll get over it.  [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Cluck"]I''m constantly reading on here that our prices are ''in line with other clubs''... What happened to thinking outside of the box?Never mind what others are doing.... we should be looking to the future and cramming in as many kids as we can.... even at the expense of adult supporters.  By doing this the club will be creating a future fan base while other clubs are decling. A look at football in this country should ring alarm bells and nurturing a particular target audience as Delia Smith is doing is very dangerous.Short term thinking at NCFC again. The club needs to keep it''s heart in the city and the local area itself as this is where the loyal fans of the future lie.[/quote]

[/quote]---This is the point that some posters on this subject still

seem unable to grasp. No-one is arguing that the club shouldn''t try to

boost revenues but prices raised too much can mean lower revenues in the

short-term AND the long-term.

Take this as an admittedly rough and ready hypothetical example. A

stadium with 5,000 casual ticket seats for home supporters, all priced

at £20. No variations.

Selling every seat (which is what has been happening) brings in £100,000 per game.

A price rise to £30 would theoretically bring in £150,000. But it puts

off 2,000 supporters. It only brings in £90,000 You''re £10,000 down, not

up. And you''ve lost 2,000 fans.

But say that £30 price only puts off 1,000 fans. You get 4,000 in,

producing £120,000. An extra £20,000 is not to be sniffed at over a

season, although it''s hardly going to make a big dent in the (totally

hypothetical debt of, say, £23m).

But you have still lost 1,000 fans. In the longer run that loss of part

of a generation (with the consequent falling off in attendances) adds up

to a massive loss of income far outweighing the short-term gains,

because you won''t keep getting 4,000 in. Over time that number will

reduce to 3,000, and then to 2,000, and so on, and you''re back to losing

money. And losing it permanently.[/quote]And don''t forget the new seats (at a cost of about £1m) are a complete waste of money unless the tickets are sold for them.

yawn...... get over it, if people are that tight over a fiver its laughable, some how its been quoted here its gone from 20 2 30 When its 26 to 31 i dont want the ground full of screaming kids thank you very much either.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The other point I''ve been making ad nauseam is that the danger of the

directors getting this wrong was all the greater because the new guard

has, by scrapping any serious consultation, insulated itself from fans.

It was very easy to make fun of Munby and Doncaster chatting outside

Carrow Road hours on end, and replying to emails and spending time at

SCG meetings, but I''m not sure that looks quite so stupid now. Munby and Doncaster, whatever their faults, would have seen

this coming because they would have been talking to fans.

[/quote]Just seen this account from John Tilson of a recent discussion with the club''s Richard Gough over ticket pricing policy:"Richard stated that very few complaints have been made to the Club over its pricing structure for this season."Quite possibly not. But not very surprising either. If you stop talking to fans, which is what has happened, you won''t hear many complaints.

You do find a lot of people will complain on messageboards but won''t complain to the club by email, if we don''t tell them what we''re not happy with then they won''t know.

[quote user="cityangel"]You do find a lot of people will complain on messageboards but won''t complain to the club by email, if we don''t tell them what we''re not happy with then they won''t know.[/quote]

And an old saying, If things don''t change they''ll stay as they are, I sent an Email regarding ticket prices and also mentioned the 25% increase, not happy about paying £1.00 for a bag of crisps, when they are 52p in morrisons, How long will it be before every fan goes and gets pies and drinks befor entering the ground,

Still waiting reply 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="cityangel"]You do find a lot of people will complain on messageboards but won''t complain to the club by email, if we don''t tell them what we''re not happy with then they won''t know.[/quote]

And an old saying, If things don''t change they''ll stay as they are, I sent an Email regarding ticket prices and also mentioned the 25% increase, not happy about paying £1.00 for a bag of crisps, when they are 52p in morrisons, How long will it be before every fan goes and gets pies and drinks befor entering the ground,

Still waiting reply 

[/quote]

I''ve also emailed about having to wait so long for the buy back refund and although he did attempt to ring me once all my attempts to catch him have failed.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Still waiting reply 

[/quote]

Also meant to say the lady in front of me bought a bottle of water at half time last week which was £2, it was slightly bigger than my Morrisons bottle of water but mine was 39p