Sign in to follow this  
E Block Loyal

Season review DVD - dreadful

Thought I''d pick up the 09-10 season review DVD today to cheer myself up after last night.

I wish I hadn''t bothered. Firstly, the quality of the picture is woeful, the matches look as if they''ve been recorded on a mobile phone.

The title menus look like they''ve been designed by a ten year old after an introductory course on design.

Then there are the voice overs by the Anglia tv guys rather than commentary for the vast majority of the matches.

Minor irritants, perhaps, but they could have at least made sure the DVDs actually work, espacially given they''ve had all summer to knock them up.

It froze three times having come straight out of the box, I didn''t even get up to the December matches until I gave up. It will be going back to Castle Mall tomorrow and I do not want an exchange.

£15 is a fair whack for a DVD but I don''t mind paying if the product is half decent, just the thing working the whole way through would do me.

I paid £30 for the 03-04 review and that went to pieces as well, although at least I got to watch myslef scaling the walls at Rotherham a few times before it broke.

Not good enough by a long, long way. Hope others don''t have the same problems.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]I watched mine yesterday afternoon and I thought it was very good.

[:)]
[/quote]Right, I''ll get my order off now.[/quote]

Is that at the same time you join NCISA Wiz?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]I watched mine yesterday afternoon and I thought it was very good.

[:)]
[/quote]Right, I''ll get my order off now.[/quote]

Is that at the same time you join NCISA Wiz?

[/quote]Bugger! I''d forgotten Butler, I''m on the case.

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]Thought I''d pick up the 09-10 season review DVD today to cheer myself up after last night. I wish I hadn''t bothered. Firstly, the quality of the picture is woeful, the matches look as if they''ve been recorded on a mobile phone. The title menus look like they''ve been designed by a ten year old after an introductory course on design. Then there are the voice overs by the Anglia tv guys rather than commentary for the vast majority of the matches. Minor irritants, perhaps, but they could have at least made sure the DVDs actually work, espacially given they''ve had all summer to knock them up. It froze three times having come straight out of the box, I didn''t even get up to the December matches until I gave up. It will be going back to Castle Mall tomorrow and I do not want an exchange. £15 is a fair whack for a DVD but I don''t mind paying if the product is half decent, just the thing working the whole way through would do me. I paid £30 for the 03-04 review and that went to pieces as well, although at least I got to watch myslef scaling the walls at Rotherham a few times before it broke. Not good enough by a long, long way. Hope others don''t have the same problems.[/quote]

Is yours a blu ray DVD player?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]Thought I''d pick up the 09-10 season review DVD today to cheer myself up after last night. I wish I hadn''t bothered. Firstly, the quality of the picture is woeful, the matches look as if they''ve been recorded on a mobile phone. The title menus look like they''ve been designed by a ten year old after an introductory course on design. Then there are the voice overs by the Anglia tv guys rather than commentary for the vast majority of the matches. Minor irritants, perhaps, but they could have at least made sure the DVDs actually work, espacially given they''ve had all summer to knock them up. It froze three times having come straight out of the box, I didn''t even get up to the December matches until I gave up. It will be going back to Castle Mall tomorrow and I do not want an exchange. £15 is a fair whack for a DVD but I don''t mind paying if the product is half decent, just the thing working the whole way through would do me. I paid £30 for the 03-04 review and that went to pieces as well, although at least I got to watch myslef scaling the walls at Rotherham a few times before it broke. Not good enough by a long, long way. Hope others don''t have the same problems.[/quote]

[/quote]Or a CD player, or a toaster maybe? Are you sure it''s not a crack in the wall you''re trying to put it in?[;)]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Or a CD player, or a toaster maybe? Are you sure it''s not a crack in the wall you''re trying to put it in?[;)][/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Or a CD player, or a toaster maybe? Are you sure it''s not a crack in the wall you''re trying to put it in?

[;)]
[/quote]

[:D]
[/quote]

Wrong sort of crack Morty lol

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]I''m playing it through an XBox 360 [/quote]clean the lense.it works fine on the Ps3, also works fine on my PC and actually looks better in Ubuntu then in winblows.

I think its ok but was perhaps expecting a bit better. Highlights are a bit short and as people say the only time they really have proper match commentary is for the games that were televised or featured on football league show. Still not too bad though. I also had problem with mine when i played it on my xbox. after the charlton away match it just kept freezing but appears to be ok on the computer