Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

This is what we are up against next season

Would have been absolutley delighted if he had come here, i suppose Boro was only likely Championship desination with his former manager....suprised he didn''t go to a lower premire team though...

oh i read that wrong.....its not his former manager, just Celtics, well then he shouldn''t join them should he [:P] Norwich would have been a much better choice, we only have a former Celtic player

Ewan Chester was part of taking him to Rangers.. there is a link at Norwich with him.. this could work in our favour with Boyd and others like Beasley

May also work with loan signings.. John Fleck maybe a possibility - Chester involved there and also Robert Fleck is his Uncle so may be a good loanee. Has been likened to Wayne Rooney and would be good backup for the team.

We can compete with the likes of Boro on reputation and ambition and stadia, fans etc. but maybe not money.. i do think that boyd would love it here and he would fit in brilliantly

Watched him many times and believe me an injury free season will see 25 goals plus at championship level.

I think anyone deluding themselves we had a chance with Boyd can see how daft their hopes were. Boyd turned down a 50k a week deal with the Turkish side and I imagine with Boro and the strong financial situation they have he''ll be on at least half of that.

There''s no doubt he is a good player but I think at this level players like him are a big risk. Players with big reputations rarely live up to them.

He will not be on 25k a week, it will be closer to the 50k mark. He will score a hat full this season.

With their manager relying on players from the Scottish League to bolster their team I don''t think they have much chance of promotion at all.

Remember some of our recent players from that league!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]With their manager relying on players from the Scottish League to bolster their team I don''t think they have much chance of promotion at all. Remember some of our recent players from that league![/quote]

Championship defenders will suit Boyd down to the ground..not the quickest but he is very strong on the ball and has a great eye for goal..will probably be simalair for Boro as Hucks was for us..far to good for the championship

And remember we only signed cheap players from Scotland not the spl,s most leathel striker.

Canaries in bed: If you read, I said "at least". I personally doubt Boro could afford to match the £50k a week, but I wouldn''t be surprised if he was on much, much more.

Sadly I think this shows the way football is going; money, money, money.

Boydy will have been playing in front of 50k at Ibrox, challenging for titles and cups, playing in the Champions League, cementing his place as all-time SPL scorer but would rather go and play for Middlesborough as they''re offering more per week

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Sadly I think this shows the way football is going; money, money, money. Boydy will have been playing in front of 50k at Ibrox, challenging for titles and cups, playing in the Champions League, cementing his place as all-time SPL scorer but would rather go and play for Middlesborough as they''re offering more per week[/quote]

Or maybe he sees the Scottish league as a $hit league and would rather challenge himself in the English leagues. You could also argue that playing Champions League for a Scottish team is similar to playing for another of the "lesser regarded European nations" that have teams in the Champions League. It''s all very well saying you''re playing in the Champions League but if you''re losing all the time, it''s hard to get better. Especially if you only get 6 games in it.

It could well be money but don''t forget how the Scottish leagues are viewed by not only most of the world, but people who have played and managed in the Scottish leagues.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Overated if you ask me[/quote]Would have to say that I agree with you! [Y]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Sadly I think this shows the way football is going; money, money, money.

Boydy will have been playing in front of 50k at Ibrox, challenging for titles and cups, playing in the Champions League, cementing his place as all-time SPL scorer but would rather go and play for Middlesborough as they''re offering more per week[/quote]

Are you for real?

I have more respect for Boyd for coming to England and having ago, he could sit on his arse and earn a fortune winning tinpot Scottish league and cups, and get knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League every year, however hes come to England to give it ago!