Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Wes Hoolahan

my god we miss him!

MacNamee just isn''t his replacement, infact there is not possible replacement for him, we struggled without him last season and are doing so now, hurry up wes and get back on that pitch where your needed!

We have missed him. But lets not forget we have created enough chancs in the last two games to win 6 or 7 games. It is our finishing that has deserted us today and has cost us two points. I thought Smith was excellent today and was better in the 4 4 2 than against Stockport. Why is Macca not playing on the left, crying out for it. Put Hughes on the right.

I''ll probably get slated for this but seeing as he''s brilliant at running with the ball and can bring others into play I wondered if we could play the diamond with Oli at the point? If we''re gonna play 442 than Hughes right McNamee left as Suffolk exile says.

I would have liked to see us use the diamond formation but with Oli doing Hoolahans job. Every time I see Oli in the side he looks to have the skill and vision to play that role.

[quote user="fleckyfan"]I would have liked to see us use the diamond formation but with Oli doing Hoolahans job. Every time I see Oli in the side he looks to have the skill and vision to play that role.[/quote]

That makes two of us then. I mentioned it earlier on and thought no-one would agree.

The way he pulled up at tranmere was identical to when Owen pulled up in carling cup final.

I fear we won''t see him again this season

I don''t think it helped that our midfield today were a bunch of short-arses and MK were all quite lanky. Doh. was one of the few City players able to command in the air. Not really a criticism of our squad as we are top!

[quote user="fleckyfan"]I would have liked to see us use the diamond formation but with Oli doing Hoolahans job. Every time I see Oli in the side he looks to have the skill and vision to play that role.[/quote]

That would certainly be worth a punt, he''s got the skill to drift past players and pass the ball to ffet.

I think Hoolahan is beginning to get the recognition he''s deserved all season, now that its so blatantly clear we miss him!

Against Stockport on monday, we missed his calmness on the ball and his creativity; i couldn''t go yesterday but by all accounts more of the same!

I''m slightly concerned that Leyton Orient & Charlton will be very difficult games if Hoolahan joins Holt on the sidelines.

Wes faces a late fitness check tomorrow according to Lambert in the press conference this morning. Lambert also hope that the team will be under a bit less pressure away from Carrow Road.

Anyone else get the feeling that Lambo is saying Wes will face a late fitness check even though he won''t make it just to keep the opposition guessing about our formation?

The good news is that if he faces a late fitness check he can''t be that far away from a return to the team even if he doesn''t make it tomorrow.