Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Mowbray resigned from Celtic - SSN (Update - Lennon takes charge)

I think that Lennon will keep the job til the end of the season.

Timing is as you say not good before Saturdays game.

Let''s win the league and hopefully worry about the it once this is achieved.

If I had to chose between keeping Lambert and Keane going to Celtic Keane can bugger off.

Thinking about it, it may well suite both party''s as Ipshit get compensation and get rid of keane at the same time and we keep Lambert.

I know football people are notorious for saying one thing and doing the opposite but Lambert came out a couple of weeks ago and said he wasn''t interested in the Celtic job and gave a very good reason, because of what he said then he shouldn''t even be mentioned as a serious contender for the job imo. As usual when anything like this happens the media almost trys to talk it up, even the edp have to drag it out by saying that us City fans can rest easy but only until the summer. The guy has said that he''s not interested and it would be nice if the local media at least stopped printing rubbish we don''t want to hear and trust that Lambert is true to his word.

[quote user="Ruuuuuuuuuuelllllllllllll"]He already is in the top three! Love the guy but he is a proper professional so wouldnt declare an interest while the job was still in Mowbray''s hands. Hope he doesnt declare an interest now. The Scotts premierleague is no better than the Championship anyway!
[/quote]

Really? Seen the Celtic Boards shortlist have we?

I do not know, but is Paul Lambert a family man with children? I should imagine so and therefore why should he subject them to another upheaval just when they are getting settled in, schools etc.

What possible reason should he uproot yet again to take on the risky, rather poisoned challenge that is Celtic at the moment. I seem to rememeber Mike Walker stating that his move to Everton was one big mistake. There are parallels.

At Carrow Road he seems happy, is successful and is probaly paid well, with more to come next season by the looks of it.

Besides, as a exile, I happen to think that Norwich and the county and the countryside and the proximity to places like Cromer, Sheringham etc. is one of the better places to live in the UK. Better than where I am and I envy you chaps a lot. Also Ipswich? Ugh! Norwich is more sophisticated. IMHO

If Lambert does "eventually" go there will be no shortage of able candidates who would want to take on what must be one of the better jobs in football. 

Stop the "Little Norwich" all of you who do it. From a distance, there is one hell of a lot going for this football club. Debt? It seems ALL clubs have that with few exceptions. We have more ASSETS than most. DS is not stupid.

Conclusion.? PL would be stupid to move on. If he did all it would mean is that we have lost a stupid and somewhat mercenary man. He will not. He has his head in the right place as his comments about a move back north demonstrate. He even risked upsetting his fellow Scots and probably burnt a bridge or two.

Now for Leeds.

I see no reason why you would bother getting a club promoted, and then leave.....obviously some managers have done it, but it makes no sense (even less sense than appointing the manager full time who just got you relegated... :P)

Is this BBC Look East we''re talking about? In which case, you can disregard... the standard of journalism on that programme is appalling and the whole thing was probably just to fill space in between the morning''s cow traffic reports...

Perhaps its time for Pete to sticky the Lambert story as I suggested yesterday... the one in which he states that the SPL doesn''t interest him... because this is getting out of hand now...Why don''t people understand that its not his ambition to manage in such a small league? Making stuff up about the Champs League being ''close to his heart'' and that Lambert is already shortlisted for the job, is just idiocy.

No there probably not even allowed to say things like that...

Its on the BBC gossip collum, from one of the papers.........but he was always going to be one of the favourites for the job anyway, its not really News....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I do not know, but is Paul Lambert a family man with children? I should imagine so and therefore why should he subject them to another upheaval just when they are getting settled in, schools etc.[/quote]I believe the Lambert family still live in Scotland, Paul "commutes" to Norfolk and is often not around during the middle of the week if there is no game.

"The only carrot the SPL brings is Champs League which unfortunately is quite special to Lambert"

True but that doen''t stop the SPL from being such a depressing league, the only way I think Lambert would want the Celtic job is if the FA allowed Scottish clubs the oppertunity to get into the Premiership, because that''s where Lamberts ambitions lie.

Lambert has never moved his family ( he has about 5 kids I think ) away from the Glasgow Area - Perhaps at the end of the season he may consider it , but until then who knows

I think Lambert is ambitious. That much is clear. But equally I think he''ll see Celtic as not that great a step up. Gordon Strachan, who did well with Celtic, is proof of that. He''s come out of Celtic and joined Boro who, let''s face it, aren''t exactly a big club these days are they? The crowds they get up there are disgraceful. Fair weather fans.

I think he''d be better off sticking with a rising club at a level he''s clearly well capable of performing  than jumping ship to a club which, if he fails, could potentially set his career back somewhat.

As I said some months ago I fully expect Lambert to go to Celtic in the close season. I didnt think they would sack TM until the end of the season, but the drubbing by St Mirren has brought about the end quicker! Lets face facts his Family still live in Glasgow, he has strong links with Celtic & he is the right man for the job.

Having said that he has ruled himself out in the passed(but job wasn''t available then) & it might be a tad too early for him. Lennon has been appointed until the end of the season, so lets just ride on the high that Lambo has given us for now & worry about what happens, when/if it happens...... I''m sure that nice Mr Cowling will lets us talk to Boothroyd, if we ask nicely! We can pay Col who out of the compo we get from Celtic!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Perhaps its time for Pete to sticky the Lambert story as I suggested yesterday... the one in which he states that the SPL doesn''t interest him... because this is getting out of hand now...Why don''t people understand that its not his ambition to manage in such a small league? Making stuff up about the Champs League being ''close to his heart'' and that Lambert is already shortlisted for the job, is just idiocy.[/quote]I agree its highly unlikely he will leave, but you cannot be so certain, stranger things have and do happen in football. Don''t forget the ££ incentive too, I bet Celtic could double his wages.