Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Mowbray resigned from Celtic - SSN (Update - Lennon takes charge)

I would be very surprised to see him leave here in the forseeable future. Playing in the championship beats the top league in Scotland and he may yet get Norwich to the premiership in due course

Next Celtic Manager Odds

3/1 Paul Lambert
5/1 Mark Hughes
13/2 John Hughes
12/1 John Collins
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 David Moyes
16/1 Steve Clarke
16/1 Avram Grant
18/1 Alan Curbishley
20/1 Darren Ferguson
22/1 BAR

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I would be very surprised to see him leave here in the forseeable future. Playing in the championship beats the top league in Scotland and he may yet get Norwich to the premiership in due course[/quote]

Ignore him YC, hes just trying to stir and make up bull.

Not being funny but doesnt say a lot for scottish football.

Mowbray got West Brom relegated last season...his reward......the top job in scotland....celtic.

Can you imagine, say the St Mirren manager getting them relegated from the SPL and getting a job with the big 4? Or even any premiership club??? Just wouldnt happen.

So with that in mind and a look at Celtic forums...there fans do actually want Lambert, aparently they never wanted Mowbray.

Now like it or not Lambert is a highly rated up and coming boss, plying his trade in the lower leagues....simular to a certain Mr Martin O''Neil...not saying its going to happen...but Lamberts work here has been getting him a big reputation...even before, when McNally appointed him, he saw something in him........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Not being funny but doesnt say a lot for scottish football. Mowbray got West Brom relegated last season...his reward......the top job in scotland....celtic. Can you imagine, say the St Mirren manager getting them relegated from the SPL and getting a job with the big 4? Or even any premiership club??? Just wouldnt happen. So with that in mind and a look at Celtic forums...there fans do actually want Lambert, aparently they never wanted Mowbray. Now like it or not Lambert is a highly rated up and coming boss, plying his trade in the lower leagues....simular to a certain Mr Martin O''Neil...not saying its going to happen...but Lamberts work here has been getting him a big reputation...even before, when McNally appointed him, he saw something in him........[/quote]

Spot on!!!

[quote user="dreamteam"]Pi***ck[/quote]I''m trying to fill in the stars to makes a swear word. Best I have got so far is Pigc0ck?

[quote user="morty"]Yoko Ono as first team coach?[/quote]Steady.  First he should hire George McCartney, have unprecedented success worldwide, then fall out after hanging out with an alternative mystical shamanistic spiritual leader like Jose Mourinho.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Celtic need a manager now. Lambert is 9 games from winning a title and has repeatedly said he''s not interested in the SPL. You do the maths.[/quote]

Damn, your facts have ruined my rant hahahaha

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Maybe Pete should just post the original ''Lambert won''t go to Celtic'' story and sticky it at the top of this board for all to see, before the madness sets in...[/quote]Because in football people never say one thing and do another, thats virtually unheard of. I''m not really that cynical but it strikes me as a bit ludicrous how complacent some people are.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="dreamteam"]Pi***ck[/quote]
I''m trying to fill in the stars to makes a swear word. Best I have got so far is Pigc0ck?
[/quote]

Try pillock

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Not being funny but doesnt say a lot for scottish football.

Mowbray got West Brom relegated last season...his reward......the top job in scotland....celtic.

Can you imagine, say the St Mirren manager getting them relegated from the SPL and getting a job with the big 4? Or even any premiership club??? Just wouldnt happen.

So with that in mind and a look at Celtic forums...there fans do actually want Lambert, aparently they never wanted Mowbray.

Now like it or not Lambert is a highly rated up and coming boss, plying his trade in the lower leagues....simular to a certain Mr Martin O''Neil...not saying its going to happen...but Lamberts work here has been getting him a big reputation...even before, when McNally appointed him, he saw something in him........[/quote]I agree people look at Celtic and think ''big team'' what they fail to take into account is the mickey mouse league they compete in.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="dreamteam"]Pi***ck[/quote]I''m trying to fill in the stars to makes a swear word. Best I have got so far is Pigc0ck?[/quote]

Try pillock

[/quote]Really? Who stars out pillock?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I''m trying to fill in the stars to makes a swear word. Best I have got so far is Pigc0ck?
[/quote]

Try pillock

[/quote]
Really? Who stars out pillock?
[/quote]

lol pass, next question [:)]  It fits that''s all

Roy Keane 12/1 LOL.

Thats seriously worth a bet, like I said they appointed Mowbray fro getting West Brom relegated, so in tune with the standard of scottish football, appointing a manager who has wasted millions on "stars" like Tamas Prisken for 1.8m, and is currently managing a team in the bottom half of the championship-, the spl would be a step up for Keane lol.

Only thing is ive been having so much fun with his results at the scum.

Also, I know he was a good player, but he is managing Iswich in the bottom half of the championship, so why do sky sports always interview him on the prem title race, europe etc??? For someone who as a player hated media attetion, he hasnt half turned into a media whore.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"].

Also, I know he was a good player, but he is managing Iswich in the bottom half of the championship, so why do sky sports always interview him on the prem title race, europe etc??? For someone who as a player hated media attetion, he hasnt half turned into a media whore.[/quote]Thats what I thought, but then he cant control the questions he is asked. He also cant control which parts of his press conference get broadcast on TV. Id blame Sky sports for it, not him. There was a similar situation with Wenger or Benitez, when they were accused of constantly going on about referees, when it turned out that in their press conferences they were constantly getting pushed on the subject until the tabloid hacks had their headline..

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"] I agree people look at Celtic and think ''big team'' what they fail to take into account is the mickey mouse league they compete in. [/quote]

That''ll be the Champions League you''re talking about then. No use hiding you head in the sand or clutching at straws. Despite was he''s supposed to have said, before the job became vacant, he''s be a fool not to consider it now he''s in the box seat.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"] I agree people look at Celtic and think ''big team'' what they fail to take into account is the mickey mouse league they compete in. [/quote]

That''ll be the Champions League you''re talking about then. No use hiding you head in the sand or clutching at straws. Despite was he''s supposed to have said, before the job became vacant, he''s be a fool not to consider it now he''s in the box seat.

[/quote]

Err no, they wont. They''ll be in Europa and everyone knows it is such a ''mickey mouse'' league and most of the players/teams in that league are not even League 2 standard. 2 of Celtic''s arguably best players in McDonald and Robson went to Middlesboro, a team mid table in the Championship, says it all for me...

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]I agree that he would be a fool not to consider it, I was basically responding to those that said that he wasn''t a big enough name for Celtic. They are small fry, in reality though, they only get guaranteed champions league football because the rest of their league is abysmal, when they do qualify they are normally out if not before the group stages then certainly during them, and as of next season Scotland will only get one champions league place.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Roy Keane 12/1 LOL. Thats seriously worth a bet, like I said they appointed Mowbray fro getting West Brom relegated, so in tune with the standard of scottish football, appointing a manager who has wasted millions on "stars" like Tamas Prisken for 1.8m, and is currently managing a team in the bottom half of the championship-, the spl would be a step up for Keane lol. Only thing is ive been having so much fun with his results at the scum. Also, I know he was a good player, but he is managing Iswich in the bottom half of the championship, so why do sky sports always interview him on the prem title race, europe etc??? For someone who as a player hated media attetion, he hasnt half turned into a media whore.[/quote]My mate works in a bookies and he said 90% of the bets on roy keane have come from wishful ipswich fans

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="dreamteam"]Pi***ck[/quote]I''m trying to fill in the stars to makes a swear word. Best I have got so far is Pigc0ck?[/quote]

Try pillock

[/quote]Really? Who stars out pillock?[/quote]

[/quote]I prefer pig cock.....

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Try pillock

[/quote]
Really? Who stars out pillock?
[/quote]

[/quote]
I prefer pig cock.....
[/quote]

Do you now...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Roy Keane 12/1 LOL.

Thats seriously worth a bet, like I said they appointed Mowbray fro getting West Brom relegated, so in tune with the standard of scottish football, appointing a manager who has wasted millions on "stars" like Tamas Prisken for 1.8m, and is currently managing a team in the bottom half of the championship-, the spl would be a step up for Keane lol.

Only thing is ive been having so much fun with his results at the scum.

Also, I know he was a good player, but he is managing Iswich in the bottom half of the championship, so why do sky sports always interview him on the prem title race, europe etc??? For someone who as a player hated media attetion, he hasnt half turned into a media whore.[/quote]Apart from Lambert, Keane would be the worst replacement, he has been doing such a good job at the scum.

[quote user="NCFC91"] Err no, they wont. They''ll be in Europa and everyone knows it is such a ''mickey mouse'' league [/quote]

OK but the Europa is better the the Johnstones Paint Trophy & League One is the more Mickey Mouse than the Scottish Premier.