Sign in to follow this  
morty

Supporters forum Carrow road tonight

[quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?[/quote]I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?[/quote]I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.[/quote]Bailey''s tweet described him as a ''camp Harry Hill''.

Sorry Morty, was posting on duel fourms, got this mixed up with Pinkys on the Hustler site, must have you confused with Mounty, and hey WITS, you have me the way I am lol.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?[/quote]I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.[/quote]Bailey''s tweet described him as a ''camp Harry Hill''.[/quote]I would go as far as "screaming"He was pretty funny though.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?[/quote]I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.[/quote]Bailey''s tweet described him as a ''camp Harry Hill''.[/quote]I would go as far as "screaming"He was pretty funny though.[/quote]Excuse the pun but I thought he was a pain in the rear end and things would have flowed better without him.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?[/quote]I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.[/quote]Bailey''s tweet described him as a ''camp Harry Hill''.[/quote]I would go as far as "screaming"He was pretty funny though.[/quote]Excuse the pun but I thought he was a pain in the rear end and things would have flowed better without him.[/quote]Nah, have to disagree, if you don''t have someone controlling things it turns into a shouty free for all.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Harry"]What did you think of that guy from AVIVA who was the compere tonight Morty?
[/quote]

I''m thinking, very maybe, gay as hell.
[/quote]
Bailey''s tweet described him as a ''camp Harry Hill''.
[/quote]

I would go as far as "screaming"

He was pretty funny though.
[/quote]

Excuse the pun but I thought he was a pain in the rear end and things would have flowed better without him.

I agree...he was a bit over the top!!  Especially his 10 minute introduction...I nearly fell asleep at this point!!!

[/quote]

I can''t remember when I last missed a ncisa fans forum, I always look forward to them and always come away feeling that I was glad that I''d made the effort.

Until tonight !!

Thought the facilitator ( thats what he called himself ) chap Kit from the marketing dept of AVIVA who I can only describe as a cross between Alan Carr and Dale Winton spoiled the evening, his 10 min intro introducing the board ( yes we do know who they are) and telling us how the evening would run were wey over the top plus didn''t he like the sound of his own voice ?

The microphone which McNally and Lambert shared needed to have been turned up as you had to listen really hard to catch what they were saying at times.

The questions didn''t seem as lively as usual guess as everything is going so well people are contented and din''t have so much to say, either that or they were put off by the facilitator bloke.

Lambert was funny and had a lot of banter with Chris Lakey of the EDP, Delia gushed about how wonderfull the fans were and then made some stupid comment about how we would get the success we deserved but it wouldn''t be whilst she was still alive ( to which lambert looked amused and surprised) Foulger and the Archant bloke hardly spoke.

A  duller affair than usual, but hey thats only my opinion.

Maybe Delia knows something we dont! Is her will written out to NCFC?! Gotta love Dazza.

I have to say it was a lot different to the ones from the last years and thankfully so! What CA, Morty and the old forum campaigners are probably searching for is the old confrontation with Doncaster and marvelling at how Munby could drone on for hours about absolutely nothing. Now it''s much more businesslike and the compere (didn''t catch the name) was hilarous and well worth his own TV show. If he''s unaware of his comedy value it would make it even funnier.

There were a couple of halfway awkward questions, right at the end one about the Turners which again went unanswered to any satisfactory conclusion (I imagine on legal grounds the club are unable to answer) and McNally looked very uncomfortable when asked about improving/lengthening Lambert''s contract. However it was interesting to learn of ways to increase seating without building another stand/add onto the City Stand. I also can''t believe someone complained about paying £2 to attend. For the compere alone I would have paid a fiver!!

Overall I felt the board looked relieved not to be facing the usual throng and looked united. However as much as they congratulate themselves on being the best football club in the world etc, etc, all I could think of as we sat surrounded by large photos of our past (greater glories than walking the third division) was how did it ever get to this? It is refreshing and reassuring to have someone like McNally at the helm and a great manager in Lambert, but the rest of them still don''t inspire me one bit. Next year (we hope) at a decent level will be more of a test both on and off the field.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I have to say it was a lot different to the ones from the last years and thankfully so! What CA, Morty and the old forum campaigners are probably searching for is the old confrontation with Doncaster and marvelling at how Munby could drone on for hours about absolutely nothing. Now it''s much more businesslike and the compere (didn''t catch the name) was hilarous and well worth his own TV show. If he''s unaware of his comedy value it would make it even funnier. There were a couple of halfway awkward questions, right at the end one about the Turners which again went unanswered to any satisfactory conclusion (I imagine on legal grounds the club are unable to answer) and McNally looked very uncomfortable when asked about improving/lengthening Lambert''s contract. However it was interesting to learn of ways to increase seating without building another stand/add onto the City Stand. I also can''t believe someone complained about paying £2 to attend. For the compere alone I would have paid a fiver!! Overall I felt the board looked relieved not to be facing the usual throng and looked united. However as much as they congratulate themselves on being the best football club in the world etc, etc, all I could think of as we sat surrounded by large photos of our past (greater glories than walking the third division) was how did it ever get to this? It is refreshing and reassuring to have someone like McNally at the helm and a great manager in Lambert, but the rest of them still don''t inspire me one bit. Next year (we hope) at a decent level will be more of a test both on and off the field.[/quote]

What other ways did they come up with on increasing the capacity without major rebuilding work gazza? I can only think of putting a temporary stand in front of the hotel or kicking the managers out of the dugouts and making them sit on the perimeter track so fans can sit in the dugouts lol.

There was obviously still no hint of any possible investment which is a bit disappointing, I was rather hoping something would be lined up in the summer.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I can''t remember when I last missed a ncisa fans forum, I always look forward to them and always come away feeling that I was glad that I''d made the effort.

Until tonight !!

Thought the facilitator ( thats what he called himself ) chap Kit from the marketing dept of AVIVA who I can only describe as a cross between Alan Carr and Dale Winton spoiled the evening, his 10 min intro introducing the board ( yes we do know who they are) and telling us how the evening would run were wey over the top plus didn''t he like the sound of his own voice ?

The microphone which McNally and Lambert shared needed to have been turned up as you had to listen really hard to catch what they were saying at times.

The questions didn''t seem as lively as usual guess as everything is going so well people are contented and din''t have so much to say, either that or they were put off by the facilitator bloke.

Lambert was funny and had a lot of banter with Chris Lakey of the EDP, Delia gushed about how wonderfull the fans were and then made some stupid comment about how we would get the success we deserved but it wouldn''t be whilst she was still alive ( to which lambert looked amused and surprised) Foulger and the Archant bloke hardly spoke.

[/quote]

Nothing to do with NCISA CA.

They run thm a lot better[:D]

A few years ago Doomcaster suggested building a second tier on the City Stand which would involve the structure extending back over Carrow Road, which would effectively become a tunnel.  Made sense at the time...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]A few years ago Doomcaster suggested building a second tier on the City Stand which would involve the structure extending back over Carrow Road, which would effectively become a tunnel.  Made sense at the time...[/quote]We can''t afford it right now, McNally when talking on the subject last night said that an industry standard price for each seat in a new build is £2500ish.Which means you have to sell each seat in a new stand for approx 10 years before its all paid for.Not gonna happen any time soon.They did say though they are looking at ways to shoehorn in additional seating to what we have, the odd 10 seats here, the odd row there etc.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Maybe they could just invite all the ladies to sit on your lap, Morty... [;)][/quote]I''ll pass thanks, the standard of totty where I sit isn''t the best to be honest.[:)]

"I''ll pass thanks, the standard of totty where I sit isn''t the best to be honest."

The only fitty I''ve ever sat next to at Carrow Road was Delia... :)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I''ll pass thanks, the standard of totty where I sit isn''t the best to be honest." The only fitty I''ve ever sat next to at Carrow Road was Delia... :)[/quote]

First Jedi,you are Michael Wynn Jones and i claim my prize!

[quote user="First Jedi"]"First Jedi,you are Michael Wynn Jones and i claim my prize!"

*sigh* if only!

The lucky old git![/quote]The thought of him and Delia making sexy time together quite upsets me.[:(]

I couldn''t make it last night so thanks to everyone who did get there for posting their thoughts.As Gazza says when things are at almost perfect peace and harmony at Carrow Road most of the soapboxers have disappeared for the time being. When things aren''t going well at the club any awkward questions are usually glossed over at these forums and supporters end up almost as frustrated as before and none the wiser.Perhaps best to enjoy the good times while they last....... 

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

Until tonight !!

[/quote]

Nothing to do with NCISA CA.

They run thm a lot better[:D]

[/quote]

Was going to post that the ncisa forums were much better and ran much smoother but didn''t want to turn the thread into a ncisa bashing one.

Agree with poster ''''Harry'''' that the facilitator was a pain in the neck, couldn''t sit through another one if he''s there running it.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"The thought of him and Delia making sexy time together quite upsets me."

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH! NOOOOOOOO![/quote]Can I interest you in a bottle of mind bleach?[:)]