Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Moment of the Season so far

I''d Say Rusty''s equaliser vs Gills due to; the character we showed to keep on attacking and attacking even with ten men, PL running onto the pitch and hugging Declan Rudd then running off and finally because i cheered so hard i almost threw up. Ginger pele''s winner against brighton comes very very close though, the crowd went utterly mental and the atmosphere which had been dire until our equaliser just went into the stratosphere. Brighton was also quite funny due to watching John Salako gearing up for Soccer Saturday and trying to put him off by singing at him.

I can only comment on games i''ve been at and the best two for me were 5-0 at Col Who.  It was so nice to ram it down their throats!

also Rusty''s equaliser at Gillingham.  We went mental and sang all the way back to the train station.  A certain group of lads were there that day who got some proper old school songs going.  For the first time in a long while it felt like the team spirit was back and the fans had a team who cared!

[quote user="cosmos67"]Rustys equaliser against Gillingham,perfect weather,great support and"ur just a town full of pikeys" ........my son and i still laugh about that even today.Closely followed by Holts equaliser against Charlton and Chris Martins winner against Brentford.To me these are the best so far this season.A Grant Holt hatrick against Leeds would top that lot by a country mile tho.[/quote]

"ur just a town full of pikeys"

ha ahem...that was me. i thanks you...along with "the wheels on your house go round and round, round and...." and a few old greats.

was a great day out that one.

There was a moment early on in the Wycombe game at Carrow road where there was a loose ball on the edge of our box which turned into a series of 50/50 balls - for the first time it became apparent exactly what the ''Lambert effect'' was - yellow shirts hurtling into tackles, blocking shots etc - i turned to the old buy in the seat next to me and said ''we''ve got our team back''  he agreed.

i think that Martin''s winner against brentford just shades oli''s against southend for me (wasn''t at Gillingham) - almost felt guilty to have beaten southend as we had played so poorly, whereas the performance against brentford was brilliant, hammering them with 10 men but being so unlucky in front of goal.  also amazing what a bit of perceived injustice will do for the atmosphere at the ground (not the sending off, but several other refereeing decisions were awful that night).

another great moment was Oli coming on for his debut against Exeter and almost scoring within seconds... immediate cult hero!  probably the best goal that never was at CR this year.

considering that the season started with that horrible sick feeling as ColU fans chanted ''welcome to league 1'', i''m happy to say that the good memories will by far outweigh the bad this year... as long as we remain in the top 2 til the end, of course.

I would also sat like one of the above Gillingham away when we equalised right at the end. We were really up against it down to 10 men and we really diddnt look like scoring. Diddnt think we would score from that corner but I think for once we got a bit of luck and for me it was the turning point this season after was a very poor start

I''d like to add my vote to Holt''s equaliser against Charlton. We were scratching around in mid-table at that point, had just drawn 0-0 with Walsall. Although we''d played very well against Charlton, with a defeat looming I can''t have been the only one thinking that we had already lost too much ground on the leaders and that a second season in League One was inevitable.

Holt''s goal was a great moment. He really bundled it in from close range, and it was right in front of the Barclay. It looked to me as though it should definitely have been disallowed, which always makes a last-minute equaliser all the better. It really shut the Charlton fans up, and I think it was the moment when we began to believe we could do something in this league.

And then Shelvey, who''d given a contemptuous ''1-0'' sign to the Barclay earlier in the game, had to walk right in front of us to acknowledge the Charlton fans. "Shelvey, what''s the score?" - exactly what he deserved.

That was the day that Lambert got us out of reverse and into first. And we''ve been going through the gears ever since.

In our history I suspect the sacking of Gunn will go down as defining an era let alone a season, a completely unsatisfactory and indeed downright embarrassing era came to an abrupt end and another began, salvation.

At the time we driving down the M5 to Exeter on the Friday ahead of Saturdays game and were swerving around with excitement that finally the club had, to quote Stan Collimore ‘grown some’ and whether or not you like we have never looked back.

“All hail McNasty’

Rusty at Gillingham due to the timing, the injustice of the sending-off and a member of the press going nuts in the press box in the home end jumping up and down and punching the air, before realising where he was and that he had a job to do on the live coverage, ahem....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Rusty at Gillingham due to the timing, the injustice of the sending-off and a member of the press going nuts in the press box in the home end jumping up and down and punching the air, before realising where he was and that he had a job to do on the live coverage, ahem....[/quote]Who was that then Pete? [;)]

great post, Bury. I was in a B and B in Edinburgh when I heard Gunn''s sacking mentioned on the Today programme on Radio Four, which was on in the breakfast room. I was flabbergasted. Such an unNorwich thing to do.

>In our history I suspect the sacking of Gunn will go down as defining an era let alone a season, a completely unsatisfactory and indeed downright embarrassing era came to an abrupt end and another began, salvation.

At the time we driving down the M5 to Exeter on the Friday ahead of Saturdays game and were swerving around with excitement that finally the club had, to quote Stan Collimore ‘grown some’ and whether or not you like we have never looked back.

“All hail McNasty’

Oli vs Southend and both Colchester games but also winning at Wycombe - first win of the new decade, started a great run in January - missed a load of chances, Korey Smith banged one in late in front of a huge away following and Lambert on the pitch after the game...and taking about three years to get out of the car park on the slope!