Sign in to follow this  
murderersphil

Milk Cup 25th Anniversary @The Murderers Pub Norwich

The Murderers are holding a 25th Anniversary Celebration to commemorate the Victory against Sunderland in the Milk Cup Final.

The event is to be held on wednesday 24th March, and is 25 years to the very day that the final was played.

This event is being held in collaboration with the Forces2canaries supporters group, with tickets being sold at £10 each with all proceeds going to HELP FOR HEROES.

The event will include a re-run of the last hour of the game, plus appearances by ken Brown and Tim Sheppard.

Woodfordes Brewery have also created a commemorative ale for the night, and the pub will kitted out in yellow and green.

Tickets are on sale from the Murderers Pub on TimberHill - Unfortunately no under 18''s permitted.

www.themurderers.co.uk

When i saw it was £10, I thought sod that im not paying to go in a pub, but having read its for Help For Heroes, I will be there.

[quote user="Millo"]Blue Mike, its for charity.[/quote]That thing his club will be looking for after the mad Irishman wastes all of your money and ME jumps ship when you go down.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="bluemike"]And you lot say we live on past glories !!
[/quote]

Looks in trophy cabinet for anything more recent than 25 years..............

[/quote] Lol :)   Shame they cant refilm it in 3D as the murderers are gonna show 3D Matches from march..and may have some England matches if they decide to film in 3D

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]you can all come and watch it on DVD for free round my house.. bring your own beer.[/quote]

Try reading the original post again Jaz and i think you will find your attempt at humour has fallen flat as it is a charity event to raise money for a very worthy cause concerning our armed forces.

Tickets will be available on the door on the night, if there are any left!

Numbers are limited, so my advise is to get them early!!

Murderersphil

One thing I''m really looking forward to when we move back to Norwich is going to watch footy in the Murderers... can''t make this, though, for shame... enjoy! [Y]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]What do you get for your tenner? Does it all go to this charity, or does the pub take a nice cut?[/quote]

Sorry, ignore that. I am guilty of that cardinal sin - that always bugs me like hell whenever other posters do it (freqently) - not reading the OP thoroughly.

I reckon I''ll go. Its a good cause, I like beer and I love the Canaries, sounds like an ideal night out![:)]

Like so many charitiesTHfH is a very worthy charity and I have made donations on a number of occasions although I don''t understand how it is that the State is incapable of providing the means to care for the men and women who risk their lives for us when you consider how much we pay in national and local direct and indirect taxes and NI and the staggering amount of taxpayers'' money obscenely squandered on people and causes which seem to me to be completely unworthy and undeserving. Anyway, unfortunately I can''t afford £10 plus booze so I''m off round to Jas''s on 24th.

Sounds like a good night to me. I was there in 1985 and I can''t believe that a quarter of a century has passed by.

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]

Like so many charitiesTHfH is a very worthy charity and I have made donations on a number of occasions although I don''t understand how it is that the State is incapable of providing the means to care for the men and women who risk their lives for us when you consider how much we pay in national and local direct and indirect taxes and NI and the staggering amount of taxpayers'' money obscenely squandered on people and causes which seem to me to be completely unworthy and undeserving.[/quote]

I''m just guessing that eventually this thread will end with you referencing asylum seekers, immigrants, benefit cheats and the unemployed?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alf Tupper"]

Like so many charitiesTHfH is a very worthy charity and I have made donations on a number of occasions although I don''t understand how it is that the State is incapable of providing the means to care for the men and women who risk their lives for us when you consider how much we pay in national and local direct and indirect taxes and NI and the staggering amount of taxpayers'' money obscenely squandered on people and causes which seem to me to be completely unworthy and undeserving.[/quote]

I''m just guessing that eventually this thread will end with you referencing asylum seekers, immigrants, benefit cheats and the unemployed?

[/quote]

Which category of the above, do you come under then?

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]

Like so many charitiesTHfH is a very worthy charity and I have made donations on a number of occasions although I don''t understand how it is that the State is incapable of providing the means to care for the men and women who risk their lives for us when you consider how much we pay in national and local direct and indirect taxes and NI and the staggering amount of taxpayers'' money obscenely squandered on people and causes which seem to me to be completely unworthy and undeserving. Anyway, unfortunately I can''t afford £10 plus booze so I''m off round to Jas''s on 24th.

[/quote]Nah. It''s because they spend all of that money on bombs.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]you can all come and watch it on DVD for free round my house.. bring your own beer.[/quote]

Try reading the original post again Jaz and i think you will find your attempt at humour has fallen flat as it is a charity event to raise money for a very worthy cause concerning our armed forces.

[/quote]

best you clip my lug and tell me dad then officer

[/quote]

You forgot to slag off Daily Mail readers Mr C. By the way, are you a benefit cheat or do you just have some odd affinity with them ? Personally, I can''t stand them but .... (gasp) ...... does that make me some sort of villain in yoiur eyes ?

[/quote]

Blimey, I just realised that you were predicting that I, not the thread, would end up "referencing" asylum seekers blah blah etc etc. That''s a bit rabid of you, isn''t it. Show me any post of mine where I "reference" asylum seekers blah blah etc etc. You won''t find one. And I''ll tell you why, my pet gripe isn''t immigrants or asylum seekers or, for that matter, benefits cheats it''s ......... local council employees. Where I live, 20 years ago there were about 50 council staff now it must run into thousands, I think I''m the only one left who doesn''t work for the council.  They work in prestigious, luxurious council offices akin to the headquarters of a blue chip multinational, they''re always going off on week long courses in expensive country clubs, 10 weeks holiday a year, high salaries and unbelievably generous pension schemes - all of which we pay for. Also, I don''t like sheet metal workers but that''s another topic altogether.

[quote user="Alf Tupper"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alf Tupper"]

[/quote]

Blimey, I just realised that you were predicting that I, not the thread, would end up "referencing" asylum seekers blah blah etc etc. That''s a bit rabid of you, isn''t it. Show me any post of mine where I "reference" asylum seekers blah blah etc etc. You won''t find one. And I''ll tell you why, my pet gripe isn''t immigrants or asylum seekers or, for that matter, benefits cheats it''s ......... local council employees. Where I live, 20 years ago there were about 50 council staff now it must run into thousands, I think I''m the only one left who doesn''t work for the council.  They work in prestigious, luxurious council offices akin to the headquarters of a blue chip multinational, they''re always going off on week long courses in expensive country clubs, 10 weeks holiday a year, high salaries and unbelievably generous pension schemes - all of which we pay for. Also, I don''t like sheet metal workers but that''s another topic altogether.

[/quote]

Mr Chops not able to come up with the evidence in support of his allegations then Alf ? Didn''t think so. He went very quiet after his mini rant.

An enjoyable night at the Murderers last night, such a shame more people didn''t turn up to support the event, Ken Brown was in good form along with Mark Barham. Still can''t believe the club did not do more to celebrate the anniversary of a momentos win, Well done Phil at the Murderers a really good effort.