Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Do any players still smoke in the modern game?

Just as a reference point, an active player covers between 6-10km per match on average.This equates to approx 6km per hour for the most active which is normal walking pace (they even get a rest in the middle). [;)]If you gave me a marathon distance to run and enough time simply to walk around the course I would complete it but could I then claim to be a highly trained athlete?[;)]Just can''t see a few fags being too much of a problem, it''s more of a stigma thing.

I''m not saying smoking''s cool, I just appreciate the arrogance of being snapped smoking whilst someone''s about to pay 30 million quid for you.

not Norwich related but David Ginola allegedly puffed his way through 40 a day!!!! i find this very hard to believe though.

I think Robert Green did, or he is trying to give up. When West Ham are on TV he always has one of those big plastic white sticks in his mouth (the ones they advertise on TV when you are trying to give up).

[quote user="bjg123"]Berbatov, just days before his move to United:

[img]http://wedontknowfootball.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/dimitar.jpg[/img]

Too cool for school.
[/quote]

To me that looks like someone has pasted that fag from another picture and put it on Berbatov.

But, he''s a foreigner!

[quote user="Chewbacca"]Few more here... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/top-10s/top-10/2008/06/25/wayne-rooney-and-the-top-10-footballers-who-smoke-115875-20620831/ [/quote]

I told you! [;)]

Barclay Bear wrote the following post at 16/02/2010 1:13 PM:

I think Robert Green did, or he is trying to give up. When West Ham are on TV he always has one of those big plastic white sticks in his mouth (the ones they advertise on TV when you are trying to give up).

I think you will find that the white thing you are reffering to is some kind of gel for his gloves although i do see why you would think that.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]Barclay Bear wrote the following post at 16/02/2010 1:13 PM:

I think Robert Green did, or he is trying to give up. When West Ham are on TV he always has one of those big plastic white sticks in his mouth (the ones they advertise on TV when you are trying to give up).

I think you will find that the white thing you are reffering to is some kind of gel for his gloves although i do see why you would think that.[/quote]green is a glue sniffer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Alan Lee smokes like a chimney apparently[/quote]

Molly Whimney smoked like a chimney according to the singing postie!!

I remember that the old myth from the mid to late 80''s that the reason you never saw Drinkell warming up pre match was cause he''d be having a fag instead!

Numourous players in the 50''s and 60''s would be seen around the City smoking but then again you were seen as being a bit funny if you didn''t especially in the early 50''s!

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]Barclay Bear wrote the following post at 16/02/2010 1:13 PM: I think Robert Green did, or he is trying to give up. When West Ham are on TV he always has one of those big plastic white sticks in his mouth (the ones they advertise on TV when you are trying to give up). I think you will find that the white thing you are reffering to is some kind of gel for his gloves although i do see why you would think that.[/quote]

[:$] Woops haha never knew this glove gel existed.