Sign in to follow this  
ca

Have we ever been prouder?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I understand Anel''s point.   We were on our knees yesterday.  When we last played Brentford we were a demoralised side after 3 seasons of failure and disappointment.

And when the chips were down yesterday we could fold or we could fight.  All too often City folded (incidentally Nutty, one notable failure was home to Man City after Jonson was sent off.  No Worthy magic that night) but yesterday they fought.  Lambert fought tactically and the players fought every step of the way.   This was not the Norwich of the last three or four years.  If we had shown that heart at Fulham we would still be in the Prem.

Yes it was 3rd division.  But we turned an important and perhaps essential corner yesterday.  We made our own luck and beat a good team and a poor referee.

Yesterday was about character and I am immensely proud of the character of all from Lambert to the youngest Korey Smith.   I am proud that we have players who have the heart that this Club and we as fans deserve.

[/quote]

Very, very well said

[/quote]

Thank you.  It''s how I felt yesterday and still do today.  The sight near the end of Russell pounding through the midfield on a breakway when he must have felt every muscle screaming, Drury running through the centre circle to close down their defenders,Smith and Lappin charging across the field to block attacks and Doc battling away to just between the ball and the goal just typified the heart and commitment of these warriors.

Yesterday they were lions.  Yesterday they were men.

[/quote][/quote]

Absolutely. Doc''s late block, when he appeared to be too far away to get anything on the ball epitomised a performance of total commitment and self belief. I could have flown out of the ground yesterday and must have still been grinning in my sleep last night.I haven''t felt like that after a City game for far too long.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve never been prouder than I was today

Proud of the lads for the way they fought and never gave up

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

I am so proud and bet you are too [:)]

[/quote]

Decidedly OTT City Angel but I agree with the basic sentiment. I assume you were at Carrow Road that night we put Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup? Today v Brentford whilst really exciting and commendable was simply not on the same planet!! 

Agree with the bold decision of the boy Lambert to ...''go for it''. Could you ever imagine Worthy doing that?? It would have been a 4-4-1 formation straight away.

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

As for Worthy Yellow Rider - you obviously weren''t at Fratton Park in 2005. Different status but same pride my friend.

[/quote]

Tilly, the above is my original post. I didn''t bring Worthy into it. I just replied to a poster who did. Have you really got any argument with what I wrote here? And you do have to be there to appreciate it. The following is a quote I just found from someone else who was at Portsmaouth that day.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

we did have a good time though, portsmouth was still the same old **** hole (dump) as ever, and the weather was less than kind, but at least the game was excellent!  One of the best in recent memory, considering the ten men for us and twelve for portsmouth, you will go a long way to find a more inept and biased referring performance!

have read the other posts regarding eddie''s sending off and the penalty (never a penalty) and the disallowed goal (nothing wrong with it) but i would like to sum up portsmouth by telling all of you who didn''t go that after the portsmouth goal four of their team ''celebrated'' in front of us - and i thought it was an offence to incite oppositon fans, not only that they gave us a few rather nasty gestures with their fingers, you know the one!  of course none of this was noted by the ref of the linesman, they cheated all afternoon, nothing changing there then....

we outplayed them from start to finish and could have won convincingly - we were cheated out of that victory, you cannot say anymore really

i was very proud of the boys yesterday, all ten were magnificent and they barely put a foot wrong.  Thank god we have a decent club to support. 

on a happier note, no trouble from the pompey fans, has been the case in the past.  Perhaps they were too wet to care

[/quote]

My point was that  I don''t understand why it was neccassary to make that comment about Worthy in order to appreciate what happened yesterday. My other point was that staus had "jack all" to do with the pride but maybe you had to be there to appreciate that. IN BOTH CASES!

Proud of the decision that Lambert & Co made to go 3 at the back when we were down to 10 men to go for the win.

Proud of the fans who when the chips looked down  got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on.

[/quote]

Decidedly OTT City Angel but I agree with the basic sentiment. I assume you were at Carrow Road that night we put Bayern Munich out of the UEFA Cup? Today v Brentford whilst really exciting and commendable was simply not on the same planet!! 

Agree with the bold decision of the boy Lambert to ...''go for it''. Could you ever imagine Worthy doing that?? It would have been a 4-4-1 formation straight away.

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

As for Worthy Yellow Rider - you obviously weren''t at Fratton Park in 2005. Different status but same pride my friend.

[/quote]

Nutty Boy,

Not sure if you''re implying I wasn''t at FCR yesterday? Seems that way Nutty but you can have the benefit of the doubt.I was certainly ''proud'' like you yesterday, in fact I said to my son and another friend next to me that this was the best match so far this season as far as excitement, commitment and incident went. I, too celebrated with, er, ''excess'' when the goal went in. Is all that good enough to qualify in your eyes then?   

Good point you make about that Pompey game and ''no'' - hands up - that time I didn''t go but can recall it was a courageous battling performance so fair dos to Worthy that day. Pity many of the performances he did inspire that season though were so totally wet limped in comparison! Interesting isn''t it that despite the boy publicly flaunting himself for a return to his old pad, that the Owls went for Alan Irvine? Never mind I''m sure the boy Worthy will, one day, land himself a top job that he so clearly feels his talents merit!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty,if City win the Premiership in 2011/12 and reach the FA Cup final with Lambert still as manager will you please give up this crusade of yours to try and convince us that Worthy walked on water.we will soon be entering Lamberts 7th month in charge with no blemishes on his NCFC CV.I am sure that there will be the odd problem with him somewhere down the line but until then please spare us your lessons in hindsight[/quote]

Tilly, hindsight is your middle name old boy. You are the master of it. The way you seamlessly move form scapegoat to scapegoat is an absolute work of art. So please spare me the pot and kettle routine. My post recognised our great performance yesterday under Lambert. The pride I felt was in the performance. The status was irrelevant to that. Much like the pride I felt on New years Day at Fratton Park was in the performance and not the status.

For those who are more interested in status than performance, and there are plenty on here, would do well to remember that that game against Portsmouth was in the Premier League.

Why is it not possible to enjoy what we have now without trying to rubbish what we had in the past. I wonder  if those who are so eager to do that were actually at the game yesterday. It''s better when you''re actually there, you can feel the pride and enjoy it for what it is rather than some reflective glory from afar[H][;)]

[/quote]

Nutty, of course, you are correct on this statement. However, how does pressing this point benefit anyone. Why not simply leave it as an unspoken fact rather than make those of us that can''t be there feel less than we otherwise would?  

[/quote]

''A fact'' in your view, but not mine. His view is especially objectionable when taken together with the previous sentence and a prior post on this thread.

It is a view that he has always overtly pressed it throughout his contributions to this board, and he has no intention of hiding it.

It''s something he believes - apparently rather deeply.

So get used to it being thown in your face.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well there''s no doubt it is better CryCryBabes[:''(] Loads better. Being in the crowd and soaking up the atmosphere. We even forget it''s Third Division at times. There with my family, sharing the enjoyment together the status somehow loses importance in the heat of the moment. I wonder how many actually there, soaking up the atmosphere in the ground as we pressed for a winner, were wondering about McNally, Smith and Bowkett and selling the ground. It must be so different waiting for updates online with League One continually in the address bar. Life''s a bitch ain''t it[&][:|]

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][

Nutty Boy,

Not sure if you''re implying I wasn''t at FCR yesterday? Seems that way Nutty but you can have the benefit of the doubt.I was certainly ''proud'' like you yesterday, in fact I said to my son and another friend next to me that this was the best match so far this season as far as excitement, commitment and incident went. I, too celebrated with, er, ''excess'' when the goal went in. Is all that good enough to qualify in your eyes then?   

Good point you make about that Pompey game and ''no'' - hands up - that time I didn''t go but can recall it was a courageous battling performance so fair dos to Worthy that day. Pity many of the performances he did inspire that season though were so totally wet limped in comparison! Interesting isn''t it that despite the boy publicly flaunting himself for a return to his old pad, that the Owls went for Alan Irvine? Never mind I''m sure the boy Worthy will, one day, land himself a top job that he so clearly feels his talents merit!

[/quote]

Thanks Yellow Rider and no I wasn''t suggesting you weren''t there yesterday. But I still don''t understand the need to make that reference to Worthy and I don''t understand why you carry it on here. Is it not possible to recognise that for many Norwich fans Worthy provided the only success they have ever known. Surely there''s plenty of other ways you can enjoy Paul lambert and our current success. Anyway, long may it continue and here''s hoping we never have to forgetabout these good times when it turns sour later.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tilly, the above is my original post. I didn''t bring Worthy into it. I just replied to a poster who did. Have you really got any argument with what I wrote here? And you do have to be there to appreciate it. The following is a quote I just found from someone else who was at Portsmaouth that day.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

we did have a good time though, portsmouth was still the same old **** hole (dump) as ever, and the weather was less than kind, but at least the game was excellent!  One of the best in recent memory, considering the ten men for us and twelve for portsmouth, you will go a long way to find a more inept and biased referring performance!

have read the other posts regarding eddie''s sending off and the penalty (never a penalty) and the disallowed goal (nothing wrong with it) but i would like to sum up portsmouth by telling all of you who didn''t go that after the portsmouth goal four of their team ''celebrated'' in front of us - and i thought it was an offence to incite oppositon fans, not only that they gave us a few rather nasty gestures with their fingers, you know the one!  of course none of this was noted by the ref of the linesman, they cheated all afternoon, nothing changing there then....

we outplayed them from start to finish and could have won convincingly - we were cheated out of that victory, you cannot say anymore really

i was very proud of the boys yesterday, all ten were magnificent and they barely put a foot wrong.  Thank god we have a decent club to support. 

on a happier note, no trouble from the pompey fans, has been the case in the past.  Perhaps they were too wet to care

[/quote]

My point was that  I don''t understand why it was neccassary to make that comment about Worthy in order to appreciate what happened yesterday. My other point was that staus had "jack all" to do with the pride but maybe you had to be there to appreciate that. IN BOTH CASES!

[/quote]

Are you aiming your last sentence at me or just shouting i.e.IN BOTH CASES to try to justify your view.How sad that you had to trawl around and dig up a post over four years old from gazzathegreat.You really must get out more.In future i will just shake my head and sigh out loudly next time somebody gives you an opening to proclaim the virtures of Worthys tenure.I have no intention to turn this thread into 300 posts and double figure pages to help your crusade to have the last word.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty,if City win the Premiership in 2011/12 and reach the FA Cup final with Lambert still as manager will you please give up this crusade of yours to try and convince us that Worthy walked on water.we will soon be entering Lamberts 7th month in charge with no blemishes on his NCFC CV.I am sure that there will be the odd problem with him somewhere down the line but until then please spare us your lessons in hindsight[/quote]

Tilly, hindsight is your middle name old boy. You are the master of it. The way you seamlessly move form scapegoat to scapegoat is an absolute work of art. So please spare me the pot and kettle routine. My post recognised our great performance yesterday under Lambert. The pride I felt was in the performance. The status was irrelevant to that. Much like the pride I felt on New years Day at Fratton Park was in the performance and not the status.

For those who are more interested in status than performance, and there are plenty on here, would do well to remember that that game against Portsmouth was in the Premier League.

Why is it not possible to enjoy what we have now without trying to rubbish what we had in the past. I wonder  if those who are so eager to do that were actually at the game yesterday. It''s better when you''re actually there, you can feel the pride and enjoy it for what it is rather than some reflective glory from afar[H][;)]

[/quote]

Nutty, of course, you are correct on this statement. However, how does pressing this point benefit anyone. Why not simply leave it as an unspoken fact rather than make those of us that can''t be there feel less than we otherwise would?  

[/quote]

''A fact'' in your view, but not mine. His view is especially objectionable when taken together with the previous sentence and a prior post on this thread.

It is a view that he has always overtly pressed it throughout his contributions to this board, and he has no intention of hiding it.

It''s something he believes - apparently rather deeply.

So get used to it being thown in your face.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well there''s no doubt it is better CryCryBabes[:''(] Loads better. Being in the crowd and soaking up the atmosphere. We even forget it''s Third Division at times. There with my family, sharing the enjoyment together the status somehow loses importance in the heat of the moment. I wonder how many actually there, soaking up the atmosphere in the ground as we pressed for a winner, were wondering about McNally, Smith and Bowkett and selling the ground. It must be so different waiting for updates online with League One continually in the address bar. Life''s a bitch ain''t it[&][:|]

[/quote]

Well, there''s your answer Yankee.

OTBC

No, not a dig at you Tilly. Just pointing out that the pride was the same in both cases.

My points on this thread were that in my view status had no bearing to the pride I felt in performance of my team. I had the same pride that day in Worthy''s team in the premier league as I did in Lamberts team yesterday. And i don''t understand the need to rubbish the achievements of previous managers in order to recognise how  good the current one is. Do you really have a problem with all of that?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong again CryCryBaby[:''(]

My answer to Yankee was on a seperate post. Good honest poster is Yankee. A guy I have tremendous respect for.

I can''t wait to go to Walsall on Tuesday and then it''s hartlepool on Saturday. The games are coming thick and fast and I''m loving it[H][Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Because Yankee my friend, it''s a poster who never goes who always has to try and spoil it for those who do. You got caught in the crossfire, and I''m truely sorry about that and for all other decent posters who can''t be there. But to be fair, you and all other decent posters who can''t be there, don''t always know best and try and take the shine off the day for those who are lucky enpough to go.

And Cambridge, I was proud that day at Fratton Park. A couple of thousand City fans were just as proud. picking another game where we went down to 10 men and failed won''t change that. Just as nothing that happens in the future can change the pride we felt yesterday.

[/quote]

Nutty, having been in your position in the past, I''m sure I understand how you feel. I''m less convinced you know how I feel. First of all, it''s not only the posters who don''t go to the games who try and spoil it for others. Secondly, with respect to taking the shine off the day, I think you will be hard pressed to find a post from me that tries to take the shine off. On the contrary, I''m usually trying to put the shine on positive aspects, such as I am by encouraging those on the Free Bet thread. I never comment upon the performance in a game unless I have actually seen it and, even then, if it is on television, I recognise its limitations. If I offer caustic comments to some it is usually with respect to accusations against the club that have little basis in fact.

With all due respect, I understand how you and others react to individuals with negative comments about the club or actual matches if those commenting do not attend but, hopefully, reaction to those comments are directed to those that make them. Broad brush comments, in my view, benefit no one. If, from next week on Nutty, you found yourself unable to attend another Norwich City game, I suspect you would still have tremendous pride in any future achievement. Your prior statement about "only those attending" would still be factual but you, my friend, would not feel good having it pointed out to you.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No, not a dig at you Tilly. Just pointing out that the pride was the same in both cases.

My points on this thread were that in my view status had no bearing to the pride I felt in performance of my team. I had the same pride that day in Worthy''s team in the premier league as I did in Lamberts team yesterday. And i don''t understand the need to rubbish the achievements of previous managers in order to recognise how  good the current one is. Do you really have a problem with all of that?

[/quote]

Tilly shakes head and sighs loudly.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak*. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

[/quote]

* What''s the point of injecting this sentence?

Worthy at Portsmouth. Did he put 3 at the back and go for broke? I don''t get that from the article you reference in his support.

OTBC

[/quote]

I seem to remember Worthy "going for broke" in the Champs winning season at home to Derby after Harper was sent off after 30 mins and then us going a goal down - he threw on Roberts and Jarvis and turned the game round. But hey lets not get picky about these things!

Yankee, none of my posts which you have quoted on here have been broad brush comments. They have been specifically targeted comments. I will apologise again for any offence but I stand by them all. The only "broad brush comment" I made on this thread was on my first post. And that was in an attempt to have people understand the difference I felt between pride in performance and pride in status. Did you really have a problem with that?

Good point with that Derby game Stevie Wonder. And I''d add that it''s much easier to "go for broke" when you''re playing at home, confidence is high and on a winning run. It worked for Paul Lambert against Brentford and worked for Worthy against Derby. Away from home when you''re bottom of the premiership is a different kettle of fish. But we didn''t just defend for 90 mins at portsmouth and we deserved to win the game. Matty Jonson probably had his best ever game for us that day at right back after "Steady Eddie" got sent off in the first few minutes.

Anyway, to sum up I agree with CityAngel''s post and I don''t think status has any bearing on pride in performance but maybe you have to be there to appreciate that.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

We have gone from bottom of the table on the first day to top before the end of January.

What an achievement.

[/quote]One from bottom, courtesy of Southampton :D

Yankee, none of my posts which you have quoted on here have been broad brush comments. They have been specifically targeted comments. I will apologise again for any offence but I stand by them all. The only "broad brush comment" I made on this thread was on my first post. And that was in an attempt to have people understand the difference I felt between pride in performance and pride in status. Did you really have a problem with that?

Good point with that Derby game Stevie Wonder. And I''d add that it''s much easier to "go for broke" when you''re playing at home, confidence is high and on a winning run. It worked for Paul Lambert against Brentford and worked for Worthy against Derby. Away from home when you''re bottom of the premiership is a different kettle of fish. But we didn''t just defend for 90 mins at portsmouth and we deserved to win the game. Matty Jonson probably had his best ever game for us that day at right back after "Steady Eddie" got sent off in the first few minutes.

Anyway, to sum up I agree with CityAngel''s post and I don''t think status has any bearing on pride in performance but maybe you have to be there to appreciate that.

[/quote]

Nutty, the comment of yours that I reacted to was: "But to be fair, you and all other decent posters who can''t be there, don''t always know best and try and take the shine off the day for those who are lucky enpough to go."

If you stand by that comment, Nutty, then I can only repeat what I stand by. You are including me as part of a broad group who cannot be at the games, who takes the shine off the day for those who are lucky enough to go to the games. I would appreciate you pointing out to me how I take the shine off the games for you or anyone else. There is no need to apologise. I would just like to understand what it is that you see me doing through your own eyes.

Read it agin Yankee. I was referring to what you and other decent posters don''t do. My comments were specifically targetted to the one that does do that and I make no apology for making them.

Read it agin Yankee. I was referring to what you and other decent posters don''t do. My comments were specifically targetted to the one that does do that and I make no apology for making them.

[/quote]

Got it now ( I think ). Your comments could be taken two different ways. I got hold of the one you didn''t mean. Anyway, glad we got that cleared up. Perhaps a slight difference in wording is what contributes to whether a thread makes 2 pages or 102.  [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Got it now ( I think ). Your comments could be taken two different ways. I got hold of the one you didn''t mean. Anyway, glad we got that cleared up. Perhaps a slight difference in wording is what contributes to whether a thread makes 2 pages or 102.  [:D]

[/quote]

If you want the truth rather than to just feel better research this.

Your pal made his first disparaging comment about supporters like us, for example, who live abroad and are unable to attend matches often BEFORE my first post on this thread. Prior to this I had no intention of contributing.

This first post was in reaction to his characterisation of such supporters as effectively second class - a general jibe he has made and woven into his multitudinous posts, with saccharin coating sometimes, many times over the years.

All I will say further is that the world and his wife are watching.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need for any research. Here''s the offending post that seems to have caused so much upset. I stand by every word. The pride was not about status but about performance. If you haven''t seen the performance you can''t have pride in it. You can have pride in the result and in the stats and in any number of things however to have pride in the performance you had to have been there. Just as that day at Fratton Park which seems to have upset so many people.

To take this to it''s logical conclusion you guys had better not stick up player ratings anymore because it''s not fair on the fans who can''t be there. And Angel was totally thoughtless in her OP because she was proud of the fans "who got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on" but didn''t mention those watching it on the wireless or even those who check for the result the next day. Shameful!

At the same time CryCryBabes had a thread running all about status. Enjoy is while it lasts or some such drivel. TD, FD, SD, VD..... all that totally irrelevant to pride in performance.

But I guess you have to be there....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak.* It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance.

[/quote]

No need for any research. Here''s the offending post that seems to have caused so much upset. I stand by every word. The pride was not about status but about performance. If you haven''t seen the performance you can''t have pride in it. You can have pride in the result and in the stats and in any number of things however to have pride in the performance you had to have been there. Just as that day at Fratton Park which seems to have upset so many people.

To take this to it''s logical conclusion you guys had better not stick up player ratings anymore because it''s not fair on the fans who can''t be there. And Angel was totally thoughtless in her OP because she was proud of the fans "who got behind the team and raised the roof to spur them on" but didn''t mention those watching it on the wireless or even those who check for the result the next day. Shameful!

At the same time CryCryBabes had a thread running all about status. Enjoy is while it lasts or some such drivel. TD, FD, SD, VD..... all that totally irrelevant to pride in performance.

But I guess you have to be there....

[/quote]

Of course, you have omitted my simple and uncontroversial reply reproduced below:

Worthy at Portsmouth. Did he put 3 at the back and go for broke? I don''t get that from the article you reference in his support.

Two simple questions which you have obfuscated as usual with confused rhetoric.

How about answering the first one? And letting us all know what are your motives for regularly baiting supporters who are unable to attend and imputing that we are second class?

And don''t try and wriggle out by claiming that you don''t mean to include supporters you (good grief!) deem as ''decent'' - it''s the first time you have ever tried to make such a distinction - in order to appease your pals who you also upset, I suppose.

And remember. The world and his wife are always watching.

OTBC 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

My answer to Yankee was on a seperate post. Good honest poster is Yankee. A guy I have tremendous respect for.

I can''t wait to go to Walsall on Tuesday and then it''s hartlepool on Saturday. The games are coming thick and fast and I''m loving it[H][Y]

[/quote]

I''m afraid you''re the resident cry baby around here Nutless....... amongst other things...

Get ready to press the report button the minute you fear losing face yet again won''t you........

What a total cock you are........

Blimey, I haven''t been on here since last week and now I know why. Anyway, to make it simple, I and all Norwich fans (I was hundreds of miles away listening on the net and literally sitting on the edge of my seat) should be proud of our manager for the tactics he deployed after the break, 3 4 2, and proud of the spirit shown by our players. The only player I wasn''t proud of was Holt for his moment of stupidity but I''m sure he has learned from it and as someone else has said he probably needs a 3 match rest anyway. Plus, every cloud has a silver lining i.e. Oli J. Not sure if this is on message for the Thread Fuhrer (CA) but couldn''t .......

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][

Of course, you have omitted my simple and uncontroversial reply reproduced below:

Two simple questions which you have obfuscated as usual with confused rhetoric.

How about answering the first one? And letting us all know what are your motives for regularly baiting supporters who are unable to attend and imputing that we are second class?

And don''t try and wriggle out by claiming that you don''t mean to include supporters you (good grief!) deem as ''decent'' - it''s the first time you have ever tried to make such a distinction - in order to appease your pals who you also upset, I suppose.

And remember. The world and his wife are always watching.

OTBC 

[/quote]

Because the sentence is part of the whole post and can''t be seperated from it. Angel said she was proud yesterday of the performance at the game. Others then said that they had been prouder of performances at a higher status. My point was that in my view status has no bearing on the pride in performance but you have to be there :-

"Well I was proud yesterday just as I was at the other times mentioned on this thread. But it''s a sure bet you won''t feel the same pride if you''re not there, in the heat of the battle so to speak. It''s a well worn cliche but the manager and players can only beat what''s in front of them. Yesterday it was a very committed Brentford side and we were down to ten men. The pride wasn''t about status but about performance."

However many times I post this it I can''t see where anyone could have a problem with it.

As for your other question. Worthy didn''t bring on a defender. He just shuffled the pack and put Matty Jonson to right back. Like Saturday against Brentford the ten men defended bravely when they had to but still managed to attack the opposition and tried to win the game.

Now maybe you can answer my question as to why it''s neccassary to devalue achievements from the past in order to enjoy what we have now.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m afraid you''re the resident cry baby around here Nutless....... amongst other things...

Get ready to press the report button the minute you fear losing face yet again won''t you........

[/quote]

I wonder who pressed the report button Nora? The accusation from Colonel Cluster that it was me was well wide of the mark. I did wonder if it was him but he denied it and I take him at his word. There''s an easy way to find out if indeed you''re that bothered. I''m not. Those Cry babies who press the report button or  throw their toys out of the pram and go off in a sulk rather than defend their point of view are not worth the bother.

Sixteen posts from Nutty so far on this thread taking everyone to task who dares to question what he has said.Not for the first time he has requested that his posts be read again as what he is actually saying has been misinterpreted or lost in translation.Another way to view it is that he justs wants the last word.

Tilly shakes his head and sighs loudly as what he said earlier in the thread is coming to fruition.You just never let me down do you Nutty?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Sixteen posts from Nutty so far on this thread taking everyone to task who dares to question what he has said.Not for the first time he has requested that his posts be read again as what he is actually saying has been misinterpreted or lost in translation.Another way to view it is that he justs wants the last word.

Tilly shakes his head and sighs loudly as what he said earlier in the thread is coming to fruition.You just never let me down do you Nutty?

[/quote]

I wondered what that rattling sound was. It was well loud!! But still, empty vessels ''n''all!

Well so sorry Tilly old boy. But I don''t see where there was any need for the HRH The Master of Hindsight himself to jump on my post in the first place. Pot and kettle still springs to mind.

However, every dog has his day and even you are right sometimes. I never have let you down, in fact I try not to let anyone down[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder who pressed the report button Nora? The accusation from Colonel Cluster that it was me was well wide of the mark. I did wonder if it was him but he denied it and I take him at his word. There''s an easy way to find out if indeed you''re that bothered. I''m not. Those Cry babies who press the report button or  throw their toys out of the pram and go off in a sulk rather than defend their point of view are not worth the bother.

[/quote]

You''re a Crybaby....and it''s official if a PURIST deems it so......

It has been duly ordained.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I wondered what that rattling sound was. It was well loud!! But still, empty vessels ''n''all!

Well so sorry Tilly old boy. But I don''t see where there was any need for the HRH The Master of Hindsight himself to jump on my post in the first place. Pot and kettle still springs to mind.

However, every dog has his day and even you are right sometimes. I never have let you down, in fact I try not to let anyone down[;)]

[/quote]

And as sure as night follows day there he was.Nice to hear i am right sometimes,just a pity you think you are right all of the time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

And as sure as night follows day there he was.Nice to hear i am right sometimes,just a pity you think you are right all of the time.

[/quote]

Why would anyone bother posting stuff they thought was wrong though[:S]

I was very proud when I started this thread but I''m not too proud that its ended in the usual bickering [:$]