Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Holt for England!

[quote user="Dogger in Top 2"](i know we are Div 3 team but.....)[/quote]

Nuff said - Great bloke Grant Holt but he is definately Div 3 material. If we do go up expect him to struggle.

I thought the title of the thread was commenting that Holt would be cheering for England, and the originator was really excited about the prospect. C''mon England!

Holt would cut it at the next level up, and possibly even the lower premiership sides like Hull, Stoke and Bolton (Isn''t he the exact type of player a team like Bolton and Stoke would play?)

[quote user="The Chirp"]Hoolahan has more goals and assists than any other Irish midfielder.

Although he is playing in the third (pronounced ''turd'' if you''re from Dublin like Wesley) tier, he is more than capable of playing for Ireland in the World Cup....

:-)  
[/quote] Holt has more chance of playing for England in the World Cup than Wes does for Ireland cos Ireland aint in the World  Cup! Remember Henry!

[quote user="SNAP"]

Nuff said - Great bloke Grant Holt but he is definately Div 3 material. If we do go up expect him to struggle.

[/quote]

I don''t think he will ''struggle'' in the Championship.

He won''t find the net as much but as long as we get the ball to him he will score!!

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Holt would cut it at the next level up, and possibly even the lower premiership sides like Hull, Stoke and Bolton (Isn''t he the exact type of player a team like Bolton and Stoke would play?)[/quote]

If that was the case why was he not picked up before hand? I like Holt but please get real, He is lower championship standard at best.

Of the team we have now only about 6 are good enough for the CCC imo. they would be Forster (Who we cant afford), Askou (Who is only on a 1 year contract), Russel (Out of contract in the summer), Hoolahan, Doherty (on his day but also can look very poor), Hughes (on his day but purely cause he passes the ball so well).

The rest would have a lot of questions to answer at that level. i.e Drury too old?? Smith no experiance at that level?? Lappin not proven despite a few games?? Russel Martin Flopped for P''Borogh this year!! Chris Martin Failed in the CCC despite a bright start due to his attitude? Holt never played at that lever bar an ill fated loan spell at Blackpool which lasted all of 4 games i think!

I don''t see why you have to look at individuals.....

The TEAM is good enough.....do you think for rest fans would have been able to go through there squad, and say all these players are good enough to get us promoted this season, no, its not about Players, its about the team, and this team is wonderful (Why even mention Russel''s contract....he won''t want to leave, he is one of the key team members, and he made the choice to come back here, after leaving....)

[quote user="Dogger in Top 2"][quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

I don''t think he will ''struggle'' in the Championship.

He won''t find the net as much but as long as we get the ball to him he will score!!

[/quote]jease-lou-eeze! it was meant to be a joke dear, I know Ireland are not in the world cup! A bad joke it seems... ah well :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t see why you have to look at individuals.....

The TEAM is good enough.....do you think for rest fans would have been able to go through there squad, and say all these players are good enough to get us promoted this season, no, its not about Players, its about the team, and this team is wonderful (Why even mention Russel''s contract....he won''t want to leave, he is one of the key team members, and he made the choice to come back here, after leaving....)[/quote] A Chain is only as solid as its weekest link i believe is the saying. Probably why you still have a pic of Theoclitorus as your Av! RASS!

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="Captain Holt"]Holt would cut it at the next level up, and possibly even the lower premiership sides like Hull, Stoke and Bolton (Isn''t he the exact type of player a team like Bolton and Stoke would play?)[/quote]

If that was the case why was he not picked up before hand? I like Holt but please get real, He is lower championship standard at best.

Of the team we have now only about 6 are good enough for the CCC imo. they would be Forster (Who we cant afford), Askou (Who is only on a 1 year contract), Russel (Out of contract in the summer), Hoolahan, Doherty (on his day but also can look very poor), Hughes (on his day but purely cause he passes the ball so well).

The rest would have a lot of questions to answer at that level. i.e Drury too old?? Smith no experiance at that level?? Lappin not proven despite a few games?? Russel Martin Flopped for P''Borogh this year!! Chris Martin Failed in the CCC despite a bright start due to his attitude? Holt never played at that lever bar an ill fated loan spell at Blackpool which lasted all of 4 games i think![/quote]Ok quite a few things here... 1) Askou signed a 2 year deal.2) If you speak to Forest fans they say Holt actually played very well but was forced to play on the right wing by Calderwood, thus limiting his chnace in the championship.3) Martin failed when he was about 19 and has come back a totally different player this season IMO, harsh to say he cant cut it in the championship.4) Smith may not have experience in the Championship but neither have 3 of the players you have listed as being able to cut it.5) Lappin actually did ok in the Champ, just Roeder hated him. In my opinion, of the current team Forster, Doherty, Askou, Drury, Rusty, Smith, Lappin, Wes, Holt and Martin coulld all probably do it at a higher level with the current managment team in place. They might not be stars but they could do a job. I also believe Whitbred and Hughes to be capeable. Jury is out on Russel Martin, McNamee and I dont think Cody or Adeyemi can make the step up.

I don''t understand how anyone is really saying Holt won''t make it (In a categorical fashion) when they have as much evidence as those of us who think he will make it. Let''s just hope we get the chance to see.....

[quote user="The Duke"][quote user="Captain Holt"]Holt would cut it at the next level up, and possibly even the lower premiership sides like Hull, Stoke and Bolton (Isn''t he the exact type of player a team like Bolton and Stoke would play?)[/quote]

The rest would have a lot of questions to answer at that level. i.e Drury too old?? Smith no experiance at that level?? Lappin not proven despite a few games?? Russel Martin Flopped for P''Borogh this year!! Chris Martin Failed in the CCC despite a bright start due to his attitude? Holt never played at that lever bar an ill fated loan spell at Blackpool which lasted all of 4 games i think![/quote]

Why would Hughes make it and not Holt, when Hughes can''t get in our League One side?

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Gingerpele"]There is 100 fans in the facebook group now :P[/quote]
100 sad deluded people [:(]
[/quote]

It''s a giggle that''s all [;)]

I know a bloke, whose mum once saw the England manager in an Asda in London who told me that Holt has been watched and has an outside chance of making the world cup squad.In place of Heskey, cos he''s shite.

Because as stupid as it sounds football is about more than just sticking the ball in the back of the net.

Although Hughes is not in the team at the moment (Due to the currant formation Hughes is more 442 than 433) he is one of, if not the best (Between him and Hoolahan) technical footballer in the squad. I am not too sure if your aware of technical abilities in football but i''ll dumb it down for you. He can pass the ball very well, He reads the game very well, He very rarely gives the ball away needlessly! He has good Energy, covers a lot of ground as detailed by prozone. The fact is he left a team who qualified to play in the Uefa cup to join us and in the process turned down clubs in the Championship. He has played Championship level before for Leicster and played Champions League for Rangers

Although Holt is a very capable player at this level his positional awareness is not brilliant, if you pay any attention to his game you will notice him spending far too much time on the left wing for a target man. His pace is not going to frighten defences, at times his composure lets him down and he has a tendancy to get the "Gerrard" bug where he tries to do too much on his own. What he does give is pasion and leadership though in spades which is to his credit. It is after all only my opinion he would struggle at a higher lever and i hope am am wrong for what its worth.