Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Thanks go to the Norwich Two

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Remember the Norwich Two.

Their actions helped the new board members remove Gunn.

Thanks to the Norwich Two and the new board members.

[/quote]Yeah, I''m sure Mr McNally saw their strop and at that moment realised he had no choice but to make a knee-jerk reaction and sack Gunn. Or perhaps he had had concerns for some time and a 1-7 opening day defeat in our lowest division for 50 years confirmed those concerns for him?[/quote]

The public humilation (shown on national TV) of having two of NCFC''s season ticket holders throw their tickets at the then manager may have contributed to Gunns removal, I''m not suggesting they were the sole reason.

[/quote]Ok, so why should we really be thanking them then? Martyrs they are not, and I think we should really be thanking the other 20,000 season ticket holders who no doubt have contributed to our budget, allowing us to keep players such as Hoolahan, Holt, Russell and Martin in the squad, but that''s probably just my opinion. And probably even more thanks to the people who didn''t claim their rebate, allowing us to sign 23 (I think - lost count) goal Holt?!

You were never going to really win on here with this one were you Tangy???I don''t know either of the two guys personally and some on here are suggesting all kinds of things about two guys who they probably have no clue about?If nobody can accept that their actions being plastered all over the TV along with news of our 7-1 thumping did not place the board undear some considerable pressure to bring about some immediate changes then they have obviously forgotten about the reality of the situation our football club was faced with little under 6 months ago.I best join you in that trench now... can I borrow your tin hat or your brolly mate??? [^o)]

Robert Chase didn''t get credit where it was due either.....

It must be a Delia thing........

Losing 7-1 at home, on the opening day of the season was pressure enough for the board. Anyone who thinks it took two dick heads running on to the pitch to convince David Mcnally that the team needed a change of management, needs their head examining.

Sorry mate, but really, they''re not the reason Paul Lambert is in charge.

Gunn''s over riding ineptitude is the principal factor.

[quote user="Smudger"]You were never going to really win on here with this one were you Tangy???

I don''t know either of the two guys personally and some on here are suggesting all kinds of things about two guys who they probably have no clue about?

If nobody can accept that their actions being plastered all over the TV along with news of our 7-1 thumping did not place the board undear some considerable pressure to bring about some immediate changes then they have obviously forgotten about the reality of the situation our football club was faced with little under 6 months ago.

I best join you in that trench now... can I borrow your tin hat or your brolly mate??? [^o)]
[/quote]

Of course the two CONTRIBUTED (people please note the word contributed, I am not saying they were wholly responsible) to the humiliation that resulted in Gunns departure.

Save the Norwich Two!

Up Tangy''s Umbrella!

[quote user="Smudger"]You were never going to really win on here with this one were you Tangy???

I don''t know either of the two guys personally and some on here are suggesting all kinds of things about two guys who they probably have no clue about?

If nobody can accept that their actions being plastered all over the TV along with news of our 7-1 thumping did not place the board undear some considerable pressure to bring about some immediate changes then they have obviously forgotten about the reality of the situation our football club was faced with little under 6 months ago.

I best join you in that trench now... can I borrow your tin hat or your brolly mate??? [^o)]
[/quote]

Of course the two CONTRIBUTED (people please note the word contributed, I am not saying they were wholly responsible) to the humiliation that resulted in Gunns departure.

Save the Norwich Two!

Up Tangy''s Umbrella!

Absolute rubbish. I''m fairly certain the board would have noticed we lost 7-1, even if two idiots hadn''t ran on the pitch. I''m fairly certain the boos of twenty-odd thousand had more of an impact, along with the fact the board saw how spectacularly crap it all was.

Yay, good on them.I hope they enjoy listening to City on the radio for the rest of their lives.[Y]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

The TV presentation of the Norwich Two throwing their season tickets at Gunn was as humilating as Delia''s;

Lets be havin'' ya!

While the rest of us sat and did nothing, the Norwich Two expressed the frustration of the fans.

Save the Norwich Two!

[/quote]

Yes, keep digging!

All these do did was humilate the club, they in no way contributed in the decision of letting Gunn go or indeed appointing Paul Lambert.

I spun my little yellow season ticket at Worthington and he got fired the next week.

Unfortunately I missed and nobody noticed, the club returned it in the post the following week assuming I''d lost it.

At least those two fans had the balls to do more than whinge and whine on here.......

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]while we''re crediting tos sers...well done theo for contributing to gunns departure too.[/quote]Yeah well done Theo and Otsemobor! [;)]

Couple of points for ba (Couldn''t quote)....1. Its football, they were hardly on par with people in Tianneman square.2. They now can''t see the team they love for the rest of their lives.3. They broke the law.4. You clearly fail at protesting.[:)]

You must of realised that the Norfolk way is to sit tight, screw your eyes up and silently pray to the little pink pixie in the sky for divine intervention by now Tangy???  It was purely down to the 7-1 result and nothing to do with the fact that at least 50% of fans were expressin grave concerns over Gunny being given the job for the entire summer obviously! [;)]

TFA

The throwing of the season tickets on TV was embarrassing to me as a fan mainly because it wasn''t original, and looked like they were spoilt kids cos they couldn''t take being beaten. The result was embarrassing enough. I got the impresion that it wasn''t that spontaneous. They let themselves down, they let the fans down, they let the club, city and county down and they let their pants fall down.

No thanks from me, muppets, and they didn''t express my frustrations. I''d have kept my season ticket and supported my team.

I have never felt humiliated by Delia''s "lets be havin'' ya". I loved it, proud of her for bein half cut at a game, wearing her heart on her sleeve and behaving like a passionate fan trying to gee the rest of us up to help the team. I thought it was funny. 

What was your motive to start the thread, do you know them?  

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Mr. Chops pointed out who you need to thank Tangie. However, if you think this lame-brained type of protest works why don''t you race across the pitch with a protest sign against Delia and Michael at the next home game, protesting the meagre budget we have for acquiring players. If you decide this is a good idea please make sure your pants hold up around your waist or, failing that, hold your umbrella behind you like one of those hot-rod cars.

Had we waited for the percys to react, Gunn would still be here, we be waiting for him to get it right, giving him time to build his team in the January window and still blaming Roeder for everything.

Just like to say after a long Hiatus from the forum how good it is to have a team to be proud of again and have a proper football man as manager.

[quote user=ricky knight]Had we waited for the percys to react, Gunn would still be here, we be waiting for him to get it right, giving him time to build his team in the January window and still blaming Roeder for everything. Just like to say after a long Hiatus from the forum how good it is to have a team to be proud of again and have a proper football man as manager.[/quote]

All with the same owners. Isn''t life strange?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user=ricky knight]Had we waited for the percys to react, Gunn would still be here, we be waiting for him to get it right, giving him time to build his team in the January window and still blaming Roeder for everything. Just like to say after a long Hiatus from the forum how good it is to have a team to be proud of again and have a proper football man as manager.[/quote]

All with the same owners. Isn''t life strange?

[/quote]

more luck than judgement. they had to get it right sooner or later, pity it took going into div 3 to get it that way.

[quote user="Smudger"]You must of realised that the Norfolk way is to sit tight, screw your eyes up and silently pray to the little pink pixie in the sky for divine intervention by now Tangy??? 

It was purely down to the 7-1 result and nothing to do with the fact that at least 50% of fans were expressin grave concerns over Gunny being given the job for the entire summer obviously! [;)]
[/quote]

At the 14/5/09 Open meeting at St. Andrews Hall in response to the question:

Were the board right to appoint Gunn?   

For 7    Against 493.

And before anybody claims that group of people wasn''t representative heres what they voted re the rebate:

90% entitled to claim season ticket rebate

Of that 90%, 75% said they were going to claim the rebate.

So in effect thats 67.5% of those that attended said they would claim the rebate and what was the actual percentage that claimed the rebate?   66% or something approx to that.  Maybe somebody can remember the correct figure. 

[quote user="morty"]Yay, good on them.I hope they enjoy listening to City on the radio for the rest of their lives.[Y][/quote]At full-time on 8th August 2009 it seemed to most of us that that was hardly going to be any punishment......If they were banned for life from Carrow Rd there wouldn''t be much to stop them getting hold of tickets for away games if they were desperate for a fix. But they haven''t been banned for life.They''ve been banned '' indefinitely '' so in theory they may have already been allowed back in. That''s pretty unlikely and I would think they''ll probably have to stay away for three seasons or so to do their bit of '' time ''.

[quote user="The gut"]

TFA

The throwing of the season tickets on TV was embarrassing to me as a fan mainly because it wasn''t original, and looked like they were spoilt kids cos they couldn''t take being beaten. The result was embarrassing enough. I got the impresion that it wasn''t that spontaneous. They let themselves down, they let the fans down, they let the club, city and county down and they let their pants fall down.

No thanks from me, muppets, and they didn''t express my frustrations. I''d have kept my season ticket and supported my team.

I have never felt humiliated by Delia''s "lets be havin'' ya". I loved it, proud of her for bein half cut at a game, wearing her heart on her sleeve and behaving like a passionate fan trying to gee the rest of us up to help the team. I thought it was funny. 

What was your motive to start the thread, do you know them?  

[/quote]

The Norwich Two just came into my head on Saturday....may be because we were playing Colchester and thank God we got Lambert to replace Gunn.

Its really pleasing to see a manager who is so passionate about his club and fans - acknowledging the away support at Colchester and even waving to the Colchester fans! Lol! Watching our game on the Football League Show on BBC iplayer is really enjoyable.

BTW. I dont know the two involved.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Mr. Chops pointed out who you need to thank Tangie. However, if you think this lame-brained type of protest works why don''t you race across the pitch with a protest sign against Delia and Michael at the next home game, protesting the meagre budget we have for acquiring players. If you decide this is a good idea please make sure your pants hold up around your waist or, failing that, hold your umbrella behind you like one of those hot-rod cars.

[/quote]

Another pointless contribution from the Cranky Yankee.

Enjoy Obama!