Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

The Lappin Chant?

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]What were the words in the chant?[/quote]Sounded like:Simon Lappin is from Spain, is from Spain, is from Spain.

Simon Lappin is the name, loves Glenn Roeder

Nah, it was:

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, King of Spain, King of Spain!

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He looks Spanish!

Quite a few suggestions there but which one actually was it!? Could we please have someone come in and confirm it please so I can sing it properly and not look like an idiot at the Colchester game![:D]

I''m 90% sure it was mine.

''Simon Lappin, King of Spain, King of Spain, King of Spain!

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He looks Spanish! ''

Thats what I was singing in the Lower Barclay, and it sounded about right :P

[quote user="Wooftie"]I''m 90% sure it was mine.

''Simon Lappin, King of Spain, King of Spain, King of Spain!

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He looks Spanish! ''

Thats what I was singing in the Lower Barclay, and it sounded about right :P[/quote]Thats the version i heard in the lower Barclay earlier in the season and what i''ve been singing ever since [Y]

[quote user="Wooftie"]Nah, it was:

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, King of Spain, King of Spain!

Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He looks Spanish![/quote]It''s that one, a few of us in the lower barclay have been singing it all season, some guys a couple of rows behind me started it. Has only just caught on though.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]see the Barclay say how good they are, because they all sing, but i never once heard anything about Lappin.....[/quote]

I sit in the Aviva Community Stand and I heard it, so they definately sang it!  I could get the tune and the name Simon Lappin but not the rest!

Being one of the founding fathers of this particular song in Lower Barclay, Block E I can whole heartedly confirm that it is KING OF SPAIN and not "is from spain"

It''s a great song!

[quote user="Babyface"]I was told it was,

When Simon Lappin grows a beard, grows a beard, grows a beard,

When Simon Lappin grows a beard, he looks Spanish.[/quote]If we were to go with the beard theme, surely the last few words should be "In 3 seconds" as he''s a hairy chap that seems to be able to grow enough facial fuzz for everyone in only a short period of time. Having said this, that would remove the Spanish element and that would then be a negative.

[quote user="NCFC since 1986"]

Being one of the founding fathers of this particular song in Lower Barclay, Block E I can whole heartedly confirm that it is KING OF SPAIN and not "is from spain"

It''s a great song!

[/quote]Sorry mate as the real founding father of that song i have to take issue with that!!!!!! Me and my mate have been singing that since the dartford preseason game and have been trying to get it started at away games since then. Brilliant that it''s finally caught on, couldn''t believe it when i heard it today (watching on the internet not at the game alas!), but as it is the best thing i''ve ever done I will have to claim it for my own.P.S. How about a round of "Fraser Forster''s massive head"?????