Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Canaries Classics Volume 3 DVD Ideas???

After recieving canaries classics volumes 1 and 2 on dvd for xmas from Doris, i feel the need for us to debate what games deserve to go on volume 3.

Volumes 1 and 2 bing back many a fine memory but I feel there is plenty missing.

Wins at old Trafford {1 on volume 1} and Anfield missing, plus many more.

I understand tv research wont let us go back too far so I suggest the following.

Any games from 1975 to present for Canaries Classics Volume 3 DVD in time for next xmas.

Way you go....................

Bit dissapointed by the lack of discussion.

When I put a serious debate on here nobody wants to know, yet if i had started a thread about Delia you would have been jumping at my apron strings.

Perhaps the lck of ideas sums up my feeling that the majority of you jumped on the bandwagon during the promotion season.

Here are a few that may already be on the first 2;

4-4 against Boro,Mulrynes late strike v Reading,the whole of the UEFA cup run,Nedergards strike (can''t remember who against),ditto Andy Hughes'' strike,4-2 comeback against Arsenal.

Also,even though we lost,the classic v Liverpool (the Fashanu one 1980?)

i only started going in the play off season but thats cos im quite young. The boro comeback would be good though. Herman the needergaard goal was vs coventry.

I can''t remember which season but either 93/94 or 94/95 we beat Newcastle 2-1 at home. They bombarded us all game but we held out for a win.Ashley Ward scoring two on his debut was pretty good.5-1 I think against Everton when Efan Ekuku scored four.Beating Villa 2-1 in 1993, Polston scored the day after his son was born, Garry Palker missed a ridiculous open goal.Though I''m not sure if it was a classic, I''d love to see the game against Crewe when we won the league, Iwan''s penalty(s), left footed goal and the friendly pitch invasionHuckerby vs. Muskat (Norwich v Millwall)  from the championship winning season. last game of playoff season - Malky''s two headed goals to put us in the playoffs.5-3 away to Burnley in the championship winning season - the moment I knew we''d win the league.

Just get "Fat Bitches in Sweaty Pants" or "Real Muddy Northern Sluts".........

Quality stuff and thoroughly recommended........

Most mentioned are on the 1st 2 volumes.

I would go with Burnley 3-5 City

The Rotherham classic.

The 1-1 draw against bayern at carrow road, along with the 3-0 against vitesse arnham

The wins at anfield and old trafford in the 80s and early 90s

the chelsea 2-3 city comeback from 2-0 down.

the 4-4 draw with southampton.

The win against crewe

Sheff wed 0-5 city boxing day not sure of the year

Sheff wed 3-0 up and us coming back to draw 3-3 2nd game of the season in the early 90s late 80s

1993ish swindon 3-3 city

94 mancs 2-2 City

Come on people think hard. I reckon the archives will go from 1975 to present there must be some crackers out there for volume 3 of canarie classics???

Norwich 5 v Aston Villa 3 (1975?) (What entertainment - eight pence a goal! As the EDP said!)

Norwich 3 v QPR 2 (1976? QPR going for the title) was on Match of the day so must be footage.

Must be loads more.

The Villa home game when Fash got sent off, Jimmy Rimmer got knocked out by a  coin thrown from the Barclay, Bondy and Sir Arthur in front of Barclay pleading for peace, Kevin bonds late penalty to make it 2-2 I think. 

Hear that Children, proper agro at FCR and well worth watching again

[quote user="Arthur Im a daft racist pensioner Whittle"]Did most of you jump on the banwagon during those playoff final and promotion years because it bloody well seems like it!!![/quote]who rattled your cage

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Did most of you jump on the banwagon during those playoff final and promotion years because it bloody well seems like it!!![/quote]Waaah! Waaah! Nobody is replying to my thread, I''m a better fan than you waaah! [:''(]

Wah Wah Ive only bneen supporting Norwich since they were in the premiership wah wah...i supported Man Utd before they got promoted so have no memorys wah wah.

I remember going to anfield old trafford etc for those glory nights, when we had a hardcore away following of 2-300, now look at us!!! Ever since Badiel and Skinner made it fashionable to support your local club the face paint brigade pop up. Where were our sell out crowds in thelate 70s, 80s, early 90s??? Supporting Man utd or Liverpool via teletext thats where.

90% of you are face painting, football is fashionable now tw@s!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I remember going to anfield old trafford etc for those glory nights, when we had a hardcore away following of 2-300, now look at us!!! Ever since Badiel and Skinner made it fashionable to support your local club the face paint brigade pop up. Where were our sell out crowds in thelate 70s, 80s, early 90s??? Supporting Man utd or Liverpool via teletext thats where.

90% of you are face painting, football is fashionable now tw@s!!![/quote]I cant tell you where the sell outs were, as many other have pointed out, we wern''t all born then. I started going regularly when I was 13 having badgered by dad for years (a spurs fan due to coming from london) for a season ticket. I happened to be lucky that that season happened to be 01/02 finishing with a play-off final, although nobody was predicting that, having lost Marshall to Ipswich in the summer and having a fairly unknown manager at the healm. Not stopped going since. The fact we sell out even at league 1 level to me suggest we dont have that many glory hunters in our crowds, if we did they would have sodded off years ago.Anyway I dont know why I am bothering to justify support to you. You just sound like a bit of a wanker accusing everybody who doesnt reply to your thread as being a plastic fan.

You either missed my point or ignored it.

Before those tw@s Baddiel and skinner came along with there face paint and crap, football was for hardcore supporters. Now they made it fashionable to be associated with your local team.

You cant tell me that 99% of the users on this forum were only old enough to start supporting NCFC during the play off or promotion seasons?

There must be a ammount on here over 30 who remember the days when we had 16,000 for home games against the mancs, and empty spaces for derby matches.

Games at old Trafford, Anfield etc saw us take only a couple or few hundred, now they would be sold out in minutes.

Where have they all come from then answer me that!!!

Football became fashionable because of morons like Baidel and Skinner, I would much rather have those solid 15/16000 at home games than the cup of soup and Delia pie loving morons who jumped on the fashionable bandwagon.

Explain to me what has happened in the last 15-25 years that has seen us go from a club where you could easily get a ticket on the day to a club where you have to book in advance???

I too remember the terrible attendances at Carrow Road in the late 70s, 80s and 90s. I supported City throughout those times and often used to get depressed at the size of the crowds. For whatever reason, a whole generation of people in Norfolk turned their backs on the club at a time when City were starting to play some really attractive football. Now the new younger generation is making up for the indifference of their fathers and grandfathers by turning up in droves and I for one am glad. They don''t deserve people having a go at them for ''jumping on the bandwagon''.