Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Why haven't our amazing local press asked what's going on with certain players?

Cureton has been out of the squad for months, yet we''ve heard nothing. OTJ seems to be eternally injured. Declan Rudd got injured and we''ve had no updates..Is Mcveigh still with us?Are they too busy chillaxing? [:$]

[quote user="Larry David"]Cureton has been out of the squad for months, yet we''ve heard nothing.

OTJ seems to be eternally injured.

Declan Rudd got injured and we''ve had no updates..

Is Mcveigh still with us?

Are they too busy chillaxing? [:$]
[/quote]

Do we care?

The only one I give two hoots about it is Rudd, the rest would appear to be surplus to requirements!

If the likes of JC and McVeigh do something newsworthy, I am sure they''ll get their Archant moment...

Both are training but not playing. Nothing in that.

Would be nice to have a Rudd update.

OTJ was an injury risk when we signed him and thus it has continued. Nice one Gunny! Doubt he''ll be here for much longer.

I''m afraid this might be a case of nothing to moan about on the pitch lets moan about something off it....

Local teletext on bbc 390, last report on Norwich is Doc moaning about our defeat to Southampton in the Paint Cup.

Lack of news in the papers, probably due to archants new link with carrow Road, and Lambert doesnt seem the type of man who wants news leeking out.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]tey are only aloowed to speak to the Doc![/quote]or Russel Martin!!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

The board have control over the newspaper. [:#][;)]

[/quote]

In a nutshell - well said.

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolute BS, if you actually read all the reports you will realise that the injuries are mentioned here and there. Just because a few fringe players are injured what do you expect, a full page report? Some of you go on like it''s a Conspiracy or something....

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolute BS, if you actually read all the reports you will realise that the injuries are mentioned here and there. Just because a few fringe players are injured what do you expect, a full page report? Some of you go on like it''s a Conspiracy or something....

[/quote]

I was agreeing with the statement made by Legend Iwan.  Whether or not the Pink Un/EDP has published some info on injured players there is no doubt in my mind that the integrity and independence of the Pink Un, which I have enjoyed reading for more years than I care to remember, was compromised by the appointments made to the NCFC Board last year.                                                             

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was agreeing with the statement made by Legend Iwan.  Whether or not the Pink Un/EDP has published some info on injured players there is no doubt in my mind that the integrity and independence of the Pink Un, which I have enjoyed reading for more years than I care to remember, was compromised by the appointments made to the NCFC Board last year.                                                             

[/quote]

Not at all. The Pink Un writers are free to pen their thoughts independently. It has simply been reduced as a cost saving measure for Archant I should think. Bear in mind that this message board performs rather well and serves a purpose. I also think that information can be updated a lot more quickly on a website, which means we get our Norwich City news as it happens. Plus, there''s the other features such as live match updates. While I understand that people like to have something tangible to hold and read, the future of publishing simply HAS to include digital issues of magazines and more content on websites etc.

As for the appointment of Stephan Phillips to the board, I would imagine that this has more to do with the money that can be saved on advertising and also to bring fresh ideas to NCFC''s marketing department. It just makes dealing with a newspaper more seamless.