Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Daley signs new contract

Ye, he is still young he will be getting stronger and with his pace has alot of potential.

Did anyone see the little bit they did on Look East about this? It wasn''t exactly the most inspiring footage of him.Basically, he ran with the ball, lost it, got turned and then put the ball out of play! Made me chuckle.

Oldest player to come out of the current crop (that''s excluding Martin and Spillane) at the age of 19. Luke Daley spent much of his time in the past year or two playing in the occasional reserve games and not doing much else. He''s hardly been setting the league alight after having enough chances to make some sort of relative impact in games (more oppertunities to do so than most, yet doing less than all of them really), and despite having what must be at least a year on the next youngest lad to come through he''s probably been the most ineffective, incapable, and funnily enough, raw looking player that we ''feel'' can be developed (i have serious doubts on this personally).I''m afraid that, despite the obvious pace, i don''t feel he''ll ever really come round for us as a decent player.The new ''Bally Smart'', no more than that.

Daleys been largely inneffective whenever ive seen him, and this is evidenced by the fact that after the match i dont remember an instance when he put in a cross, had a shot or created anything, or indeed was involved in anything memorable at all.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

He needs a goal, big time. Because of his sheer pace he is important to us.

Yet to shine.

[/quote]Agreed, but I think there''s something there to keep working on.  I haven''t been impressed with his contributions yet, but I think a lot of it is confidence.

I assume he won''t be on huge money so worth being patient I would say. He has pace which is something that can get you a long way in the game today. His technique is not bad either. The biggest, most glaring weakness in his game at the moment is his body strength. he gets muscled out of it too easily and brushed off the ball by physical defenders. personally I would put him on an intensive weights regime and possibly send him out on loan to league 2 for a bit to toughen up. We may then see a very different player return.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]WHAT PACE HAS HE GOT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]more than anyone elsei think he is a waste though, he should be producing and he hasnt impressed me at all.and someone mentioned smart? he was twice the player.

I think he''s got a little way to go as yet but I''m not ruling him out.

There is signs of pace but maybe it''s a case that he''s quick without the ball/quick when he can kick and run into yards of space but maybe not quite so fast when he''s got to run with the ball and keep it a bit closer to him.

And as we all know he''s too easily muscled off the ball. Whether that will ever change I''m not so sure but I''d like to see him lump into a defender nice and early in a game to let him know he''s there and means business.

Must be good encouragement for the other young lads as well that they''ve got a chance of earning a contract and getting some first team football.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="I am a Banana"]WHAT PACE HAS HE GOT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/quote]more than anyone elsei think he is a waste though, he should be producing and he hasnt impressed me at all.and someone mentioned smart? he was twice the player. [/quote]Oh great. And he couldn''t even cut it in League Two. [:^)]

[quote user="GJP"]

And as we all know he''s too easily muscled off the ball. Whether that will ever change I''m not so sure but I''d like to see him lump into a defender nice and early in a game to let him know he''s there and means business.

[/quote]

Nothing quite like blood and guts football!

Well thank god that Lambert is our manager and not some of you lot.

He obviously feels that Daley is very much part of our current squad... he has had a few starts and been involved (being on the bench at least) for nearly every game since Lambert has been Manager.

Lamberts words were... "Luke''s worked very hard and done really, really well for us," said Lambert.  "Luke has a lot more developing and learning still to do but he''s made a great start to his career and really does have a lot of potential if he sticks at it. I''m delighted he has signed up until at least 2012."

[quote user="Smudger"]Lamberts words were... "Luke''s worked very hard and done really, really well for us," said Lambert.  "Luke has a lot more developing and learning still to do but he''s made a great start to his career and really does have a lot of potential if he sticks at it. I''m delighted he has signed up until at least 2012."[/quote]Is Lambert hopeful, or just gullible?