Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

How many fans did we take last night?

I read 1,200 somewhere which sounds about right. Good turnout and good noise. Not sure if we were all looking particularly attractive last night or something but the small band of Leeds fans next to us behind the goal spent more of their time looking at us than watching the match!

there was one who was on TV, when he through the ball over Forster instead of two him...he just looked like a right piece of Scum, obviously there are people like that everywhere even in Norwich, but i don''t personally see too many at Norwich games....

(oh and whats all the noise about Leeds being so well supoorted? there ground was half empty, yeah i know its a big ground, but half filling it in what ever league is a fail)

(oh and whats all the noise about Leeds being so well supoorted? there ground was half empty, yeah i know its a big ground, but half filling it in what ever league is a fail)

Quite right GingerPele we all know that if the fixture had been at Carrow Road live on Sky there would have been at least 24000 attendance.

[quote user="CDMullins"]What a horrible bunch they were! Obviosuly not there for the football![/quote]

But they needed them otherwise there would have been about 1000 ''normal'' fans

according to what i''ve read, the attendance last night was 19,962. Was really proud of the noise we made, am still hoarse.

No doubt the Rhinos will be movin in soon when Mr Bates recommends a groundshare!

and let''s be fair.. norwich at home on a cold monday night its hardly a romantic game. was not suprised there was under 20k what with sky there aswell.when the opposition is right the supporters come. if it had been a saturday afternoon non televised there would have been 23-25k for the visit of a mid table team.

Good followin from the Canaries tho! Leeds always sell out every away ground - Can''t wait for Millwall next week be some matxh

So you basically have some of the most unloyal fans around? Your fans were terrible last night, quietest away game i''ve been to, the small bunch of Leeds fans next to the away section spent the whole time watching the Norwich fans, they were in awe, we taught your fans a lesson on how to support your team, you''ll never have the same passion or loyalty that Norwich fans do, attendences prove that!

[quote user="ellis206"]

So you basically have some of the most unloyal fans around? Your fans were terrible last night, quietest away game i''ve been to, the small bunch of Leeds fans next to the away section spent the whole time watching the Norwich fans, they were in awe, we taught your fans a lesson on how to support your team, you''ll never have the same passion or loyalty that Norwich fans do, attendences prove that!

[/quote]

Aye nothin to do with a massive stadium and match live on sky! Of course we don''t fill elland road every week 19 -22 thousand is usually the most!

But you used to sell out every home game 5 years ago, why is the stadium half empty these days? 50% of the previous followers probably support Chelsea now, we still get around the 24k mark every game.

[quote user="ellis206"]But you used to sell out every home game 5 years ago, why is the stadium half empty these days? 50% of the previous followers probably support Chelsea now, we still get around the 24k mark every game.[/quote]

You put Chelski in league 1 I bet they wouldn''t get 6 thousand supporters. Norwich and Leeds are the best supported teams outside the Premership!

[quote user="edo"][quote user="ellis206"]But you used to sell out every home game 5 years ago, why is the stadium half empty these days? 50% of the previous followers probably support Chelsea now, we still get around the 24k mark every game.
[/quote] You put Chelski in league 1 I bet they wouldn''t get 6 thousand supporters. Norwich and Leeds are the best supported teams outside the Premership![/quote]

Errr not quite... Newcastle, Derby, Sheff Utd

http://soccer-stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Of course if Norwich had a bigger ground and were in the Championship then I would only expect the Geordies to have more support than us.

like i said before. as a die hard leeds fan norwich at home is not and probably never will be a mouth watering match. no disprespect to any norwich fans intended. what with the credit crunch and the chance to watch it on tv fans plumped for that. when the opposition is right and the fixture we can fill our ground with ease. millwall last year in the p/o semi sold out in days......wembley against doncaster we could have sold out wembley with our fans alone... liverpool this year in the league cup sold out with ease. if the opposition is right the fans come back. all a bit part time you might think but i understand why people arent paying 20 to 30 quid to go watch poxy yeovil and wycombe. if we had been playing your lot with a dozen games to go and we were both up there it would probably have been a 39 k sell out.... and if you give us 5 k for the fixture at your place we will sell them all out...easily. not sure what the allocation will be though but when we are away we are at our best. TBF to norwich fans ...(1200 of the 1800 tickets we gave you ) i could not hear you from where i was sat. as quiet as we were you werent any louder.

As someone else wrote (a leeds fan) elsewhere (on this messageboard I think) the acoustics of Elland Road are rubbish. And the away fans can''t be heard no matter how loud they sing.

I can assure you that the City fans sang all game and loudly too.

yup the acoustics are rubbish and tbf to the away fans the leeds fans who gather on the edge of the south stand , those horrible ones will pay you a lot of attention if you are making loads of noise all game. just like im sure the norwich fans gave them plenty of attention all game. theres only a small band of leeds united fans that are idiots the rest of us are just normal people. honest.

[quote user="leedsforever"]like i said before. as a die hard leeds fan norwich at home is not and probably never will be a mouth watering match. no disprespect to any norwich fans intended. what with the credit crunch and the chance to watch it on tv fans plumped for that. when the opposition is right and the fixture we can fill our ground with ease. millwall last year in the p/o semi sold out in days......wembley against doncaster we could have sold out wembley with our fans alone... liverpool this year in the league cup sold out with ease. if the opposition is right the fans come back. all a bit part time you might think but i understand why people arent paying 20 to 30 quid to go watch poxy yeovil and wycombe. if we had been playing your lot with a dozen games to go and we were both up there it would probably have been a 39 k sell out.... and if you give us 5 k for the fixture at your place we will sell them all out...easily. not sure what the allocation will be though but when we are away we are at our best.

Justin, Justin, Fashanu!

Big, ----- bull from Norwich zoo!

Justin, Justin......

TBF to norwich fans ...(1200 of the 1800 tickets we gave you ) i could not hear you from where i was sat. as quiet as we were you werent any louder.[/quote]

Hmmm.

OTBC

Leeds forever

If only we, a small club from Norfolk had such a great stadium as yours. We wish. Sadly we don''t have a great big ground of 39,000 to sell out, but if we had I am sure a fixture of this magnitude (it was a big game at this time in the season, both teams in the top half of the table and on good form) would have been sold out in Norwich.

We don''t like where we are, but for now we have to accept it, having been relegated last season our gates haven''t dropped by much, and we usually take a fair amount of fans to away games, given that more than a few of them are several hundred miles of travel (as you mentioned the current economic climate).

As for Yeovil and Wycombe - they are in the same league as you and us. Surely you go to watch Leeds, rather than the opposition? Please explain to us all why Millwall is more of a mouthwatering fixture than Norwich (unless you are suggesting all of your fans are more intent on brawling with each other than watching the match). Sadly you won''t get anything like an allocation of 5000 at Carrow Road, we only have a 25,000 capacity with 18,000 season ticket holders and then approx 2,000 tickets for members and casual home fan allocations. That''s the way it is.

And as for the game on Monday, apart from when you scored, we couldn''t hear your fans. Heard more than a few chants from the Norwich fans though. Perhaps we have better hearing in Norfolk.

Look forward to seeing you in Norfolk for the return game.

millwall was only a 39 k sell out because it was the play off semi final and everyone was hoping we could make it out of this league . i could''nt have cared less about the hooligan factor which unfortunatly some leeds fans do but they are a minority. when i go to games i take my kids so any trouble i avoid like the plauge and i know the game does not need it. we could have played any of the p/o reaching teams last year and it would have sold out.

and as for wycombe and yeovil been in this league and so are we i fully understand that and why we are down here ( our own making) and i look forward to every game as much as i did when we were in the championship the premiership or the champions league. i live and breathe football that''s why im on another teams forum having a discussion with you. what i did say though is i understand why some people wont pay top dollar to see some teams ie wycombe or whoever . that''s their choice , my choice is to see my team through thick and thin.

That''s the problem with Leeds fans, they seem to think they are too good for this division and should be up there with the big boys in the Premiership as the attendances will suggest. Given how huge Leeds fan base is, they should be getting bigger crowds at every league game, and shouldn''t have a lower average attendance than that of Norwich who happen to have a much smaller stadium and probably half as big fanbase.