Sign in to follow this  
KCanary

Who is going to play Right back?

With Otsemembor (SP?) out, Nelson injured, Doc as good as gone & Spillane playing centre back whos going to play right back? Time for Culverhouse to dust his boots off!

Smith at RB, Hughes and Russell in midfield, Lappin left, Daley right Holt and Hooley in the middle and no goalie on the bench (apart from Cody of course)

What about if Stephens comes in and Spillane moves to left back?

Or Drury moved to right back and Lappin on the left? im sure Drury has covered there before??

[quote user="KCanary"]With Otsemembor (SP?) out, Nelson injured, Doc as good as gone & Spillane playing centre back whos going to play right back? Time for Culverhouse to dust his boots off![/quote]You would think that Doc''s got to return as we have no other fit centre backs, and he is still on our books, pushing Spillane to right back. This would be the logical choice, but I think Lambert will push Smith to right back and start Hughes in CM.

My bet would be Stephens at centre back and Spillane at right back.

Lambert has showed he rates stephens ahead of doc, so I can''t see him changing his mind.

Playing smith out of position is asking for trouble.

I thought Korey Smith struggled when he was moved to right back at Gillingham. Wouldn''t suprise me to see Spillane at right back, but I''m not sure about splitting up him and Askou at the back or not.

I think most likely it will be Spillane, with Stevens at CB, and Dumic on the bench.But are there no more academy players - Francomb, where does he play, or Kelly? who filled in at CB for the reserves?

Francomb is a right-back and looks promising, and Kelly can play both as a centre-back and a striker. The thing is though, that these young players (including Stephens), while they show promise, really don''t look ready to be thrown in the first-team just yet. It''s really good to see them being given a chance but we have to be a little careful with them.

Perhaps Doc at RB? I remember Flem playing there, it would make more sense then spliing up Askou and Spillane and it would also be seen as a temporary thing as well for the Doc rather than really giving him a chance to fight for the CB place. He is on the books so should be available for selection.

[quote user="Dogger in Mid-Table"]Yes but Fleming was a good player..............................[/quote]

FACT!!!!

I think the Doc getting in the Norwich side at all at the moment is negligable. Lambert doesn''t want him, he has resigned to that fact and clearly isn''t trying to prove himself to try and turn Lambert''s opinion.

For me it depends on who''s in goal, if we play Rudd I think having Doc and Askou infront of him will leave him with a bit more room for error than having Spillane and a youngster completely new to first team football infront of him.

Suggestions of putting Doc at RB are not very good. He was exposed for his lack of pace with quick strikers. Surely wingers are not likely to be any slower. The only good I can see is that the wingers he wrestles down are likely to be on the touchline rather on the edge of the penalty area, but we can do without free kicks.Youngsters in general are likely to be quicker than the Doc, and even if they are not expert tacklers they at least usher the wingers down towards the corner flag, or compel them to come inside on to their wrong foot.