Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Just thinking about Hucks (no, not another Hucks thread)...

Just thinking about Huckerby and watching videos has lead me to think. Since we were promoted, how many players have we really had who we can be proud of to have played for us?

Obviously, Hucks is the first name that springs to mind. Iwan and Dion shortly thereafter. I don''t regard Ashton and Earnshaw as legends at the club, as important as their contributions to the club were - but I guess some may. Rob Green is the only other one.

Other than that, I can''t think of a single person I''m proud to have seen wear the yellow and green in recent times.Isn''t it a shame? And such a testament to the overall level of quality this club has not had recently. But then is that not just down to the greed of the Premiership? Having enough money to hoover up any player with a resemblance of talent, keep them happy on huge wages even if they don''t get a sniff at the first team?

Football is not what it used to be - even looking as recently as our relegation from the Premiership. I just don''t see there being club legends like Huckerby, Dion and Iwan anymore.

Anyone agree?

I agree googler, but maybe this is the reason such players do stand out. They have become the diamonds in the rough and exceptions to the rule. This makes them all the more difficult to find and imprortant to a club and its fans. Were just waiting for the next one to show up I suppose!

[quote user="Lambo"]Drury??? Not the best player but certainly a loyal pro who does a solid job.[/quote]A decent and loyal contributor indeed..... Don''t think you''ll find many so proud to see him wearing a Norwich shirt in the same way we all felt with the likes of Dion, Iwan, Hucks, or Green though.

I''m never really certain why people think of Dion in the same way they do about Huckerby. Yes, he was a great player/role model generally but not in the same league with regards what he gave to our club.

Still agree with your main point however Googler. 

I feel Lappin has the potential to be a favourite. Has been through some tough times and stuck around... has some good qualities to his game that we are seeing this season.

[quote user="Lambo"]Drury??? Not the best player but certainly a loyal pro who does a solid job.[/quote]

Good shout. I hadn''t thought of Drury.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I think/hope Holt has the potential to become an NCFC legend. [/quote]I was thinking that in the current side Holt is the most likely to become a future legend.

[quote user="Lambo"]Drury??? Not the best player but certainly a loyal pro who does a solid job.[/quote]Just what I was thinking- I''d put him ahead of Dion or Iwan personally... Iwan was great for us I just never liked his style that much... and always felt like a journeyman somehow. Dion just wasn''t here long enough and had his prime elsewhere.I think Hucks shone at Norwich more than anywhere else he played which is why he is such a fave.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="Nuff Said"]I think/hope Holt has the potential to become an NCFC legend. [/quote]I was thinking that in the current side Holt is the most likely to become a future legend.[/quote]Maybe but I suspect I will have the same problem as I did with Iwan!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

I''m never really certain why people think of Dion in the same way they do about Huckerby. Yes, he was a great player/role model generally but not in the same league with regards what he gave to our club.

[/quote]I disagree.You have to take into account fact he didn''t have the as many seasons to show it, but that aside for me he was every bit as influential.Sadly, often at the wrong end of the pitch in his adopted defensive role, but what a defender! I reckon we''d probably have been relegated a year or two sooner without him in the team.