Sign in to follow this  
mickey phelans tash

All this fuss .....Really !

Does Hoolahan actually want to stay here. The same can be said about Russell. Im sure we would rather have players who want to be here and not ones who presumably decided they were leaving back in May.

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]Does Hoolahan actually want to stay here. The same can be said about Russell. Im sure we would rather have players who want to be here and not ones who presumably decided they were leaving back in May.[/quote]

All the talk in the summer was that Hoolahan did actually want to stay, this is cleary the club trying to make a bit of cash

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]Does Hoolahan actually want to stay here. The same can be said about Russell. Im sure we would rather have players who want to be here and not ones who presumably decided they were leaving back in May.[/quote]

All the talk in the summer was that Hoolahan did actually want to stay, this is cleary the club trying to make a bit of cash

[/quote]

Hoolahan says he was persuaded by Bryan Gunn to stay at the club against the advice of his agent.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]
Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.

If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.
[/quote]

completey agree mate, i find it sickening tbh. Oh well i look forward to seeing his replacement No.14 "FRESH AIR" win us plenty of games

[/quote]Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.[/quote]If the team are winning when the quality player is left out, what can you do ?

[/quote]
Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.

If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.
[/quote]

Thats what I heard too, he was excited when he heard Lambert was taking over as they know each other from their Livingstone days. He hasn''t asked for a move, is settled here in Norfolk and was surprised to hear he may be cashed in.

Hoolahan had talks with Gunn and committed himself to the club for the season, according to the player.  This was against the advice of his agent who believes he is wasting his time at Norwich and despite, according to the player, a number of approaches from Championship League clubs.

Hoolahan and Gunn hit it off personally which can mean a lot in football as well as in other aspects of life.

Until recently he had no plans to go anywhere.

If any of you can bring yourselves to watch the Colchester game he was, for me, the only player up front still trying right the way through it.

Can''t disagree with that too much, he was the only player to come out of that game with any credit.

[/quote]

[/quote]

6 points out of 6 with Hoolahan and Doherty out of the team since Lamberts arrival.... say no more!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6 points out of 6 with Hoolahan and Doherty out of the team since Lamberts arrival.... say no more!

[/quote]

Lambert quote: "I like direct players.  That''s why I like (Jamie) Cureton."

[:|]

Good luck, anyway.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck, anyway.

[/quote]I usually respect your opinions, but I fear we differ here. Please define "direct" because I don''t believe Hoolahan is.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck, anyway.

[/quote]

I usually respect your opinions, but I fear we differ here. Please define "direct" because I don''t believe Hoolahan is.
[/quote]

I believe that was Cam''s (and Lambert''s) point.

[quote user="Smudger"]6 points out of 6 with Hoolahan and Doherty out of the team since Lamberts arrival.... say no more![/quote]

But do you honestly believe the scoreline would have been any different if he''d have swapped out Jamie and put Hoolhan in behind Holt? Did Jamie have that bigger impact on the game?

I have seen Hoolahan have as many bad games as good. 2 goals in 32 games is not really a huge impact and I for one think that the problems of trying to shape your side to accomodate him could lead to more defeats at this level.

You would be right if we had ever tried to shape the team to accommodate him. And notice i said to accommodate him, not to centre the team around him. I think Hughes is as important a player as Hoolahan. We haven''t done this though, we just expect him to play as a left winger which isn''t his position.

1) Play him on the left wing with a left back who can get up and down

2) Play on on the left up front of a 4-3-3

3) Play him in a free role behind 1 or 2 strikers

4) Don''t bother and sell him because he isn''t a traditional winger who plays in a traditional 4-4-2. Just seems a shame that other teams in the world can think outside the box.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Apparently Hoolahan was excited looking forward to working under Lambert, despite the attempts of his agent to persuade him of a move elsewhere. Then was shocked when he wasn''t wanted.If Hoolahan wanted to leave I could accept it, but when a quality player wants to stay and he''s being forced out, it''s annoying me.[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck, anyway.

[/quote]I usually respect your opinions, but I fear we differ here. Please define "direct" because I don''t believe Hoolahan is.[/quote]

I believe that was Cam''s (and Lambert''s) point.

[/quote]My mistake if so, I had drunk a bottle of wine by the time I responded to that [:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck, anyway.

[/quote]

Remind me, how many points do Col Who have since Lambert''s departure Cam??? [:^)]

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="Smudger"]6 points out of 6 with Hoolahan and Doherty out of the team since Lamberts arrival.... say no more![/quote]

But do you honestly believe the scoreline would have been any different if he''d have swapped out Jamie and put Hoolhan in behind Holt? Did Jamie have that bigger impact on the game?

[/quote]

No

I reckon that Cureton has done ok but we probably need some pace alongside Holt.  Holt has done extremely well but looked a bit one dimensional when he had 3 defenders put on him on Saturday with the ball being pinged to him nearly every time.  The only time Cureton usually received it was a long ball from the back that he was never likely to do much with (the type of balls that should be aimed at the bigger of our two strikers).

I would start Luke Daley upfront with Holt against Walsall and bring on Cody when necessary (2nd half).  I think that Daley has more to offer than MacDonald... yes he is slightly slower, but I think he is stronger, better in the air and more likely to be able to handle more games than Cody.  I would love to see Daley on the score sheet soon as I think that he has shown a lot of potential.

McVeigh will create and score more than Hoolahan if played in a like for like position throughout the season also.  Something people seem to forget about McVeigh is that he is constantly played out of position (he is ideally a striker or somebody who plays behind the front two also).