Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Sick of being spoken for with regards to Gunn

People keep banging on about how Gunn "is a legend in everyones eyes" and how "everyone loves Bryan Gunn".

Why do people keep speaking for me. I don''t think Gunn is a legend, I don''t love Bryan Gunn. Not everyone does so stop speaking for people.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]

People keep banging on about how Gunn "is a legend in everyones eyes" and how "everyone loves Bryan Gunn".

Why do people keep speaking for me. I don''t think Gunn is a legend, I don''t love Bryan Gunn. Not everyone does so stop speaking for people.

[/quote]That''d be the exact same point you made in another thread you started about 30 seconds ago then.That is an amazingly short attention span...we''re talking goldfish standard.Were you conceived with a weak sperm or something?

perhaps you aren''t old enough to have appreciated the great team we had on our european adventure. In that teams Gunny was a massive character, coupled with the emotion that we all felt for him when he tragically lost his daughter, all of the amazing charity work he has done since (which for me pales the football issues in to insignificance anyway) and the bond he developed with the people of norwich and norfolk over that period, THAT is why he is seen as a legend.Players like that at Norwich are too few and far between. So, Bryan if you''re reading, i and MANY other, although not all, are deeply sorry for us and you that things haven''t worked out but it won''t change our opinion of you as a club legend and a top top man one bit. All the best

[/quote]

Then you go and do exactly the same thing yourself you daft ha''porth! ''PEOPLE'' keep banging on about...........what people? what are their names? Where do they live? Who are you speaking for in the use of the word ''PEOPLE''.  Who are these ''PEOPLE'' who are speaking for you?

Are you Canary fan 7 because you are 7 years old, in which case you are excused. But you write very well for a 7 yr old.

[quote user="book end"][quote user="Canaryfan7"]

[/quote]

Then you go and do exactly the same thing yourself you daft ha''porth! ''PEOPLE'' keep banging on about...........what people? what are their names? Where do they live? Who are you speaking for in the use of the word ''PEOPLE''.  Who are these ''PEOPLE'' who are speaking for you?

Are you Canary fan 7 because you are 7 years old, in which case you are excused. But you write very well for a 7 yr old.

[/quote]

I suspect it''s more likely to be either his IQ or the number of fingers on his right hand.........

[quote user="DGC"]perhaps you aren''t old enough to have appreciated the great team we had on our european adventure. In that teams Gunny was a massive character, coupled with the emotion that we all felt for him when he tragically lost his daughter, all of the amazing charity work he has done since (which for me pales the football issues in to insignificance anyway) and the bond he developed with the people of norwich and norfolk over that period, THAT is why he is seen as a legend.

Players like that at Norwich are too few and far between.

So, Bryan if you''re reading, i and MANY other, although not all, are deeply sorry for us and you that things haven''t worked out but it won''t change our opinion of you as a club legend and a top top man one bit. All the best
[/quote]

Totally agree, those were good times. Also some sad times, such as when Gunny & his wife lost Francesca I remember being upset, also to raise money there were a few of us in the Barclay who shaved our heads to raise money (no mean feat for me having long hair as a woman) lol.  Buckets were sent around CR to raise money too.

I have so many good memories that will live with me forever, and those excellent memories include Gunny and the team who did us so proud in Europe.

He is a legend to me and always will be.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="DGC"]perhaps you aren''t old enough to have appreciated the great team we had on our european adventure. In that teams Gunny was a massive character, coupled with the emotion that we all felt for him when he tragically lost his daughter, all of the amazing charity work he has done since (which for me pales the football issues in to insignificance anyway) and the bond he developed with the people of norwich and norfolk over that period, THAT is why he is seen as a legend.

So, Bryan if you''re reading, i and MANY other, although not all, are deeply sorry for us and you that things haven''t worked out but it won''t change our opinion of you as a club legend and a top top man one bit. All the best
[/quote]

Totally agree, those were good times. Also some sad times, such as when Gunny & his wife lost Francesca I remember being upset, also to raise money there were a few of us in the Barclay who shaved our heads to raise money (no mean feat for me having long hair as a woman) lol.  Buckets were sent around CR to raise money too.

I have so many good memories that will live with me forever, and those excellent memories include Gunny and the team who did us so proud in Europe.

[/quote]

Very well said WAY. I couldn''t agree more.[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me too! Bloody well said.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s true, those were fantastic times as a NC supporter, follwing them up north and down south, accross Europe and in our own back yard, I remember coming home having lost my voice from singing and cheering for them.

I remember walking our of CR when we played Bayern and then waiting for the NC players with the Bayern fans, and for some reason that night I ended up with a Bayern shirt on and some Bayern guy in my NC shirt lol.

Going to Bayern on a plane paid for by the club, queueing for 5 hours to get a ticket and being in the last 10 people to get them.

Gunny''s runs up to the goal and pretending to headbut the crossbar were legendary lol him clapping us to get the fans going.  Gunny with long hair, then shaving his hair off so Francesca didn''t feel awkward when going through her treatments, now those are just a few of the good memories I have.

[quote user="DGC"]perhaps you aren''t old enough to have appreciated the great team we had on our european adventure. In that teams Gunny was a massive character, coupled with the emotion that we all felt for him when he tragically lost his daughter, all of the amazing charity work he has done since (which for me pales the football issues in to insignificance anyway) and the bond he developed with the people of norwich and norfolk over that period, THAT is why he is seen as a legend.Players like that at Norwich are too few and far between. So, Bryan if you''re reading, i and MANY other, although not all, are deeply sorry for us and you that things haven''t worked out but it won''t change our opinion of you as a club legend and a top top man one bit. All the best [/quote]

[/quote]

He is a legend and i always belive his intensions were there, i hope he still feels able to come to carrow road! Not sure why people are slating him,he was only doing what every norwich fan would do! If Delia actually had ambition we wouldnt be in this postition!

Some slimey people like to say that he was like a leech at the club, I have never seen this. Yes, his reputation is tainted slightly because of the events that have happened, but you can''t blame him for being offered the job he had wanted for years and years.

I hope that he doesn''t get slated too much now. He failed as a manager, but he is still a great man.

WAY , do you have any pics from that day?

The greif that was around the ground when he lost his child was massive.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="DGC"]perhaps you aren''t old enough to have appreciated the great team we had on our european adventure. In that teams Gunny was a massive character, coupled with the emotion that we all felt for him when he tragically lost his daughter, all of the amazing charity work he has done since (which for me pales the football issues in to insignificance anyway) and the bond he developed with the people of norwich and norfolk over that period, THAT is why he is seen as a legend.Players like that at Norwich are too few and far between. So, Bryan if you''re reading, i and MANY other, although not all, are deeply sorry for us and you that things haven''t worked out but it won''t change our opinion of you as a club legend and a top top man one bit. All the best [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s true, those were fantastic times as a NC supporter, follwing them up north and down south, accross Europe and in our own back yard, I remember coming home having lost my voice from singing and cheering for them.

I remember walking our of CR when we played Bayern and then waiting for the NC players with the Bayern fans, and for some reason that night I ended up with a Bayern shirt on and some Bayern guy in my NC shirt lol.

Going to Bayern on a plane paid for by the club, queueing for 5 hours to get a ticket and being in the last 10 people to get them.

Gunny''s runs up to the goal and pretending to headbut the crossbar were legendary lol him clapping us to get the fans going.  Gunny with long hair, then shaving his hair off so Francesca didn''t feel awkward when going through her treatments, now those are just a few of the good memories I have.

[/quote]

I remember Ayresome park were we quailfered! Lucky you for the plane, i had the pleasure of the coach!

[quote user="book end"][quote user="Canaryfan7"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to feel sorry for him though, verry bad Stammer that

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Some slimey people like to say that he was like a leech at the club, I have never seen this. Yes, his reputation is tainted slightly because of the events that have happened, but you can''t blame him for being offered the job he had wanted for years and years.

I hope that he doesn''t get slated too much now. He failed as a manager, but he is still a great man.

WAY , do you have any pics from that day?

The greif that was around the ground when he lost his child was massive.

[/quote]

Which day mate?  The day when we shaved our heads?  Bayern? The day when we all found out Francesca had lost her fight to live?

Gis a clue hehehehe [:D]

aaah, you just gave me a huge tear in my eye, i just pictured gunny running up and pretending to headbutt the crossbar! haha, those days were amazing. I used to turn up to watch city take on man utd and took it for granted. Not only that but i expected to win. Not hoped to, but expected, and we often did! That team was immense.

All the people accusing gunn of being a leach and slating him and aiming personal insults are just sick and probably too young to remember those days. As much as i have to admit i don''t think gunn was right for the job in the end, the thought of him being hurt personally by some of the wasters that populate this board makes me truly sad, but knowing gunny he''s to tough to be brought down by that."He''s got no hair but we don''t care"

[/quote]Because he is a Norwich City Legend end of.And I will explain it because you obviously find it difficult to understand. As a goalkeeper and player that once graced the hallowed Carrow Road and part of the european run and premiership success Gunn will always be a legend. Most of what he has done for the club since then has only added to this.His 20 odd games as manager should not have any effect on his status as a past player legend or a champion for this club. As a manger I would agree - he was no legend. But the two are very seperate if you ask me.If Kevin Keelan returned to manage us and did poorly would you equally say he is no legend, Ruel Fox etc. I think you need to take it all into perspective and realise that just because you dont think he is because of 20 games as a manager does not mean all fans are so short of memory.

[quote user="DGC"]aaah, you just gave me a huge tear in my eye, i just pictured gunny running up and pretending to headbutt the crossbar! haha, those days were amazing.

I used to turn up to watch city take on man utd and took it for granted. Not only that but i expected to win. Not hoped to, but expected, and we often did! That team was immense.

All the people accusing gunn of being a leach and slating him and aiming personal insults are just sick and probably too young to remember those days.

As much as i have to admit i don''t think gunn was right for the job in the end, the thought of him being hurt personally by some of the wasters that populate this board makes me truly sad, but knowing gunny he''s to tough to be brought down by that.

"He''s got no hair but we don''t care"
[/quote]

Indeed, I always smile when I think back to those good times at the club and certainly Gunny and the crossbar.  Us all chanting whhoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhhhhhhh when he ran down towards the goal lol.

I find it sad that some youngsters did not live the dram as we did in those times.  Ruel Fox, another that brings back great memories, Gunny, Sutts, Culverhouse, Bowen, Newman, Foxy, Polston, Gossy, Chippy, Megson, Eadie.......ahhhhh great memories.

Well done, you win the prize for the dumbest post, you must be proud?

Now please stop wasting our time you numpty.

[quote user="Marty"]

Well done, you win the prize for the dumbest post, you must be proud?

Now please stop wasting our time you numpty.

[/quote]

Who is that too?  Or should we all read minds lol

[quote user="Norwich"]WAY, I am very jealous, I highly doubt that at this rate, I will be able to see NCFC like the good old days...:([/quote]

We had bad times back then too, don''t get me wrong things weren''t all a bed of roses.  But if you ever get the chance to get the DVD of our European capaign then sit and have a watch, it may help you understand why we now are so angry and upset at how far our club has fallen.

gunns a legend, he was a fantastic player for the club, a greatly dedicated person to norwich, took us to our highest ever league place as a player with a great team around him

as a manager he was weak but still he gave it a try dont begrudge him for wanting to try after all he loves the club and who wouldnt want to manage there fave club, unfortunately he didnt do well but it wont change the fact that as a player hes a huge role model for what norwich needs as a player, dedicated and devoted to the club, which we are greatly lacking player wise.

the guy has dedicated nearly 25 years to the club and for that we should be happy to call him a legend,

i for one although was against his appointment wished he couldve been given the chance to prove me wrong, unfortunately he didnt and he should never of given him a chance of a new contract but cant blame him for wanting to put his mistake right but it didnt work,