Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

The Season Ticket Two in court

Can this situation get anymore ridiculous, the 2 fans who invaded the pitch yestarday are up in court tomorrow. This is a LUDICROUS waste of tax payers money.

Now I am a "ban them for life" supporter for people who chuck coins, run on to attack players orracist chanters, but arn''t our courts busy enough dealing with real criminals than to deal with this.

The club should have asked them to leave the ground and that should be the end of it.  

These are the facts:

We lost 7-1 at home in our first game in the 3rd Division for 50 years.

This was our worst home defeat in history.

25,000 supporters having money taken under false pretences.

Supporters like myself were prepared to give Gunny a chance despite serious misgivings, to say we were let down is an understatement.

Delia promise of getting it right on the pitch was a blatant lie.

As for banning them for life, no no way in these circumstances.

(PS Club have just announced that Darren Eadie has been banned for 3000 years ! By which time Delia has said she MAY sell ) 

It''s not the club bringing charges against them. It is an offence to run onto the pitch during the game. They were arrested and will get the standard treatment from the courts. It is very rare that there is no prosecution for this offence.

Fine  + 3 year banning order from all grounds etc

Can a petition be got together to present in courst asking for them to be let off and Delia and Gunn to recieve community service in Ipswich![:P][;)]I would sign!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Which court is it?

Get down there and support them if you can!!

[/quote]

me to, i will pop into norwich court around 11am..

[quote user="canarytim"]

Can this situation get anymore ridiculous, the 2 fans who invaded the pitch yestarday are up in court tomorrow. This is a LUDICROUS waste of tax payers money.

Now I am a "ban them for life" supporter for people who chuck coins, run on to attack players orracist chanters, but arn''t our courts busy enough dealing with real criminals than to deal with this.

The club should have asked them to leave the ground and that should be the end of it.  

These are the facts:

We lost 7-1 at home in our first game in the 3rd Division for 50 years.

This was our worst home defeat in history.

25,000 supporters having money taken under false pretences.

Supporters like myself were prepared to give Gunny a chance despite serious misgivings, to say we were let down is an understatement.

Delia promise of getting it right on the pitch was a blatant lie.

As for banning them for life, no no way in these circumstances.

(PS Club have just announced that Darren Eadie has been banned for 3000 years ! By which time Delia has said she MAY sell ) 

[/quote]

Its out of the clubs hands. Encroachment on to the pitch is a criminal offence and is dealt with by magistrates. They''ll get a ban and fine.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are the club taking them to court Tim?

[/quote]

I spoke to a Sgt and a PC last night in the Hotel Nelson who are what they call "spotters" at football matches involving NCFC both home and away.They indicated that the Police would not be pressing for a banning order but that the Club had adopted a tough stance over the two who were arrested.Whatever the punishment given by the Courts banning them is not mandatory.However if the Club make representation for a ban to be imposed before sentence i have a nasty feeling their wish may well be granted.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I spoke to a Sgt and a PC last night in the Hotel Nelson who are what they call "spotters" at football matches involving NCFC both home and away.They indicated that the Police would not be pressing for a banning order but that the Club had adopted a tough stance over the two who were arrested.Whatever the punishment given by the Courts banning them is not mandatory.However if the Club make representation for a ban to be imposed before sentence i have a nasty feeling their wish may well be granted.

[/quote]

they will make an example of these 2, the situation the club is in,there is every possibility it will happen again!

[/quote]

[/quote]Beat me to it Tilly.Was just going to point out that the punishment for this is a fine not exceeding level 3 and the ban is not even part of the act under which they would be charged for encroaching on the pitch. If they are banned that will be solely down to the club, please be under no illusions..

[/quote]

[/quote]

Interesting.

So they have no option but to go to court but they may just get a fine unless the club ask for it? 

Let''s hope they don''t and also hope that the magistrates are not stuck in the 80''s.

[quote user="jbghost"]

It''s not the club bringing charges against them. It is an offence to run onto the pitch during the game. They were arrested and will get the standard treatment from the courts. It is very rare that there is no prosecution for this offence.

[/quote]I presume they would have known that if they have followed football for any length of time, it is their own stupid faults.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is also possible that the Club could ban them without being granted a banning order by the Court.The Club have the power within their own Ground Regulations so looks like a PR disaster could prevail without Plod or the Magistrates involvement.Watch this space as they say.

To be honest Nigel it would be the police who charge them , but couldn''t the club in this instance persuade the authorities to go light ?

Gunny seemed more bothered that these"scary individuals" were dealt with than the game.

Which is my point what was the worse crime yesterday "the season ticket two''s" antics or the Gunn & Delia fraud ? 

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]I presume they would have known that if they have followed football for any length of time, it is their own stupid faults.[/quote]

I daresay they realised they were taking a risk but thought it was worth it under the circumstances.

It''s just a pity that Smith and Jones couldn''t be banned from having any further involvement in this football club.

This is way way way over the top and i think the police just want to make a name for themselves! I think a small fine and warning is fair enough but life time ban? Come on, running on to a pitch is not really a crime is it? All it did was embarrass the club a little more than the players on the pitch were doing. Maybe the club should ban some of those players for conning us all!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Let''s hope they don''t and also hope that the magistrates are not stuck in the 80''s.

[/quote]Ironically it would be far better for the two involved if they were.(The ''crime'' wasn''t invented until 1991)

Shame that its short notice and we cant get 100 or so fans in colours down at the court to support them.

[quote user="cityangel"]Shame that its short notice and we cant get 100 or so fans in colours down at the court to support them.[/quote]First smart comment ive read regarding protests vs the club, just have to not condone the "thuggery"Ie : Running onto the pitch is bad, i can not condone thatBUT: The reason, wanting to throw his season ticket at Gunn... Give the bloke a Knight HoodCarefull

cos the much needed headline could easily become " Thugs support anti

social football behaviour" rather than the true message which is :Gunn Crime is on the rise ;)

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ironically it would be far better for the two involved if they were.

(The ''crime'' wasn''t invented until 1991)
[/quote]

What happened to the ''Boroboy'' who did similar at The Riverside?

[quote user="colneycanary"]This is way way way over the top and i think the police just want to make a name for themselves! I think a small fine and warning is fair enough but life time ban? Come on, running on to a pitch is not really a crime is it? All it did was embarrass the club a little more than the players on the pitch were doing. Maybe the club should ban some of those players for conning us all![/quote]

Football has,since the heysal, had a very bad overkill with regards to courts. Its clearly helped to get rid of hooliganism to an extent but discretion is needed sometimes. I don''t really want to drag this up but look what happened to 3 blokes who got arrested at Leicester last year and charged with threatening behaviour. They got 3 months just for waving their arms around and it was quashed on appeal the day they walked from nick and the judge got a ticking off for sentencing them. You''d get a 100 quid fine and costs if it was down prince of wales.

I find it unbelievable (I really had no idea) that it is a CRIMINAL offence to encroach onto a UK football pitch. I''ve lived here in France for quite a while now,and,believe me,if they tried to bring in such fascist laws in here,ther''d be HUGE protests on the Champs Elysées and pretty much every other French city.

The joys of living under the Nu Labour dictatorship I guess.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I read in a previous thread that although the courts banned him 3 years the club said they would allow him back when served.

[quote user="canari francais"]

I find it unbelievable (I really had no idea) that it is a CRIMINAL offence to encroach onto a UK football pitch. I''ve lived here in France for quite a while now,and,believe me,if they tried to bring in such fascist laws in here,ther''d be HUGE protests on the Champs Elysées and pretty much every other French city.

The joys of living under the Nu Labour dictatorship I guess.

[/quote]

Its thatcher era i think. Same for all public stadia.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I read in a previous thread that although the courts banned him 3 years the club said they would allow him back when served.

[/quote]

So did Boro press for the banning order in the first place or is the law different oop there?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]Shame that its short notice and we cant get 100 or so fans in colours down at the court to support them.[/quote]

First smart comment ive read regarding protests vs the club, just have to not condone the "thuggery"

Ie : Running onto the pitch is bad, i can not condone that

BUT: The reason, wanting to throw his season ticket at Gunn... Give the bloke a Knight Hood

Carefull cos the much needed headline could easily become " Thugs support anti social football behaviour" rather than the true message which is :
Gunn Crime is on the rise ;)
[/quote]

And believe me if a number of people turned up to "support" these two guys it would not just be the local media down there taking photos.The media office at the Club would  have someone lurking in the bushes.During the Worthy out days(God look what i have done....... there you go Nutty your starter for 10) the venetian blinds in the Boardroom were being used for cover to take photos of protesters.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So did Boro press for the banning order in the first place or is the law different oop there?

[/quote]

I''m not sure NN. Cant remember the thread but if you can find it ask the poster who had knowledge of the case. It would be great if enough pressure was given that the club could have a say in the banning side of things.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Running onto the pitch is bad, i can not condone that

BUT: The reason, wanting to throw his season ticket at Gunn... Give the bloke a Knight Hood

Carefull cos the much needed headline could easily become " Thugs support anti social football behaviour" rather than the true message which is :
Gunn Crime is on the rise ;)
[/quote]

Nice one!