Sign in to follow this  
fonejacker

A little advice please...where to sit?

The new season is looming and fonejacker is mightily happy at managing to secure the weekend off for the opening home game. Please excuse my ignorance, but it has been years since I have been to Carrow Road, I lived abroad for ten years coupled with working constantly. So I would like to ask where would be the best place to sit? I was thinking about the Jarrold Stand, area L, as that affords me a good view the the game, but would appreciate some pointers, considering factors such as atmosphere etc. So, if the Jarrold Stand is not reccomended, then where is?It will be just me coning up from London, so any ideas on where to drink pre match would be much appreciated!

For atmosphere you need to be in the Barclay or the Snake Pit but I don''t like your chances of getting a ticket. For the view you can''t beat the Jarrold stand though so I would advise to buy a ticket there.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]For atmosphere you need to be in the Barclay or the Snake Pit but I don''t like your chances of getting a ticket. For the view you can''t beat the Jarrold stand though so I would advise to buy a ticket there.[/quote]Thanks for the info, any ideas pre match?

I don''t have a season ticket and only make a few home games a season so usually have to settle for a seat anywhere, outside the Barclay the atmosphere is dire all over the ground but i do recommend the view in the Jarrold Stand.

For atmosphere it has to be the Snakepit (officially called Thorpe Corner) or Lower Barclay D or E blocks, and the best views are undoubtedly to be found towards the centres of the City and Jarrold Stands.

Thanks for the advice. Do pinkun posters meet up anywhere traditionally before the match? Or would anywhere on the Prince of Wales Road suffice?

oh thought i replied to this earlier....Cricketers offers a free BBQ and good beer on Queens Rd near Sainsburys.

thanks to all that have replied...I will check that Cricketers place out. Is that the traditional home boozer then? When I lived in Norwich, I''m sure there used to be quite a gathering in the Prince of Wales. Oh by the way, is the Nazmar curry house (spelling) still there, at the top of Prince of Wales Road?

[quote user="Fonejacker"]thanks to all that have replied...I will check that Cricketers place out. Is that the traditional home boozer then? When I lived in Norwich, I''m sure there used to be quite a gathering in the Prince of Wales. Oh by the way, is the Nazmar curry house (spelling) still there, at the top of Prince of Wales Road?[/quote]Not sure about Nazmar but there is a Nazma near anglia square http://www.nazmabrasseries.co.uk/

Spose it depends what you want.

Sat in silence surrounded by suits - jarrold stand.Moaners and kids - N&pOld people - city standsing song  - barclay lower, snakepit http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=01&product=H9COLC&campaign=%20%20&type=Hstill plenty of tickets about it seems.

Fonejacker - best for atmosphere, go for Lower Barclay E block, preferably towards the back of the stand where you will be able to remain standing, or the Snakepit. I occasionally watch from the South Stand (reserves) and it''s a good view but there is NO atmosphere apart from goal action during a first team game. IF you want to sing, stay in the L Barclay or Snakepit.

Pubs, depends on what you want. Traditional pubs, best pre match is Coach and Horses on Thorpe Rd (opposite the Post Office sorting office), if you fancy a bit more of a trek, the Jubilee on Leonards Rd (just off Rosary Rd) or in the city centre itself try the Murderers''. Someone else had suggested the Cricketers'' - also on the same Queens'' Rd is the Rose (well recommended) and just off there on City Road is the King''s Arms, also well recommended. If you prefer bars there are numerous choices on Riverside.

Enjoy your trip to Carrow Road.

if it has to be the jarrold  always get as near to the away fans as ..block h if i remember.. at least then you can join in the banter  and barclay singing without feeling like you`ve farted loudly during someones funeral service  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]if it has to be the jarrold  always get as near to the away fans as ..block h if i remember.. at least then you can join in the banter  and barclay singing without feeling like you`ve farted loudly during someones funeral service  [:D][/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]The new season is looming and fonejacker is mightily happy at managing to secure the weekend off for the opening home game. Please excuse my ignorance, but it has been years since I have been to Carrow Road, I lived abroad for ten years coupled with working constantly. So I would like to ask where would be the best place to sit? I was thinking about the Jarrold Stand, area L, as that affords me a good view the the game, but would appreciate some pointers, considering factors such as atmosphere etc. So, if the Jarrold Stand is not reccomended, then where is?

It will be just me coning up from London, so any ideas on where to drink pre match would be much appreciated!

[/quote]

For atmosphere, go for the snakepit, sorry Barclay boys, just being honest. For a drink The Rose, The Cricketers or The Kings Arms, all city end of Lakenham, just a 5 minute walk down the hill from the ground.

[quote user="Fonejacker"]The new season is looming and fonejacker is mightily happy at managing to secure the weekend off for the opening home game. Please excuse my ignorance, but it has been years since I have been to Carrow Road, I lived abroad for ten years coupled with working constantly. So I would like to ask where would be the best place to sit? I was thinking about the Jarrold Stand, area L, as that affords me a good view the the game, but would appreciate some pointers, considering factors such as atmosphere etc. So, if the Jarrold Stand is not reccomended, then where is?It will be just me coning up from London, so any ideas on where to drink pre match would be much appreciated!

[/quote]

you will struggle to get a ticket in the snakepit, but the barclay has a good atmosphere.

best views would be the Jarrold..

Not sure about Pre Match drinks

The whole ground has been a passionless morgue in recent years, to match what the fans have had to endure on the pitch, there was a fairly good atmosphere in the Jarrold until things went downhill on the pitch.  Now seeing as we are going to whack Colchester 5 - 0 and storm on to win the league at a canter this season I am sure they will be swinging from the rafters all over Carrow Road once more??? [:^)]

Two boozers that have not already been mentioned and that will be busy (within a very easy walk from the train station) are The Nelson Hotel Bar and The Red Lion.