Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

online ticket sales

anyone else tried to buy tickets online and  had a warning flash up about  the website having a dodgy security  certificate ?  think i`ll ring up the ticket office monday morning instead  [:)]

[quote user="pennywise "]anyone else tried to buy tickets online and  had a warning flash up about  the website having a dodgy security  certificate ?  think i`ll ring up the ticket office monday morning instead  [:)][/quote]

my security highlighted it!!! look for the s after http...should give you proper security

I think this is probably a work in progress, as its very handy to see where seats are available and how many are left for matches, but it does not give us the opportunity to buy 16-21yrs old tickets (which is the reason I bought membership)...I''ll still have to ring up or go to the ticket office if so.

Bought my Man U friendly tickets from the website, worked fine, money taken okay, tickets arrived successfully.  Nothing dodgy about it, it''s connected up to the season ticket holder database which indicates it''s 100% genuine.

Yes me too bought my manure ticket this way no problem for me either, can see quite a turn out for this match,

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="pennywise "]anyone else tried to buy tickets online and  had a warning flash up about  the website having a dodgy security  certificate ?  think i`ll ring up the ticket office monday morning instead  [:)][/quote]

my security highlighted it!!! look for the s after http...should give you proper security[/quote]The certificate is referring simply to the fact that its connecting to ANOTHER website, not just its own. Because the site itself obviously doesnt have seating information, and has to withdraw it from a database, i assume. There is nothing wrong with the site.

I tried to buy tickets for the wigan game, but it wouldnt let me! Every time I entered me card details, it would have a red dot appear, as if I had missed one of the fields required to be filled in. Even though all of them had been filled out! Just rang up the ticket office instead.

ha, yeah I was thinking the same thing, it''s such an easily found problem, you dont even need to enter errorness data!!! They cant of tested it at all!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]I tried to buy tickets for the wigan game, but it wouldnt let me! Every time I entered me card details, it would have a red dot appear, as if I had missed one of the fields required to be filled in. Even though all of them had been filled out! Just rang up the ticket office instead.[/quote]

I had the same problem with the dots ... I used my credit card instead and it worked first time with the credit card . I must not take some kind of cards i think .

Yep, just tried it with my credit card instead - worked fine. What kind of pathetic system only takes credit not debit cards these days though? I guess this one!

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Yep, just tried it with my credit card instead - worked fine. What kind of pathetic system only takes credit not debit cards these days though? I guess this one![/quote]

i worked for a company that did that for years!!! wouldnt take solo or electron cards... (did take Maestro though, they are debit cards i think)... they were so in the dark ages its untrue!

wouldnt expect anything less from a city website.

jas :)