Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Goran Maric

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Remember the last time we looked at a player via You Tube? Not that good in the end.

[/quote]

The guys technique reminds me a little of Ashton but as CiB rightly points out, remember last time? Dave ''one goal'' the Striker looked good on You Tube!

For everyone who seems to think Wikipedia is the fount of all knowledge - ANYONE can edit it. The moderators will probably catch anything outrageous fairly quickly and remove it, but adding one line to the bio of an obscure Serbian footballer probably isn''t going to set any alarms off.Having said that, the link DEB posted does show he played as a trialist with Palace on Thursday - doesn''t look like he''s set his heart on us!

I think he scored for Palace aswell in that match, he lept like a salmon at the back post to nod in, reminded me of Iwan Roberts in the technique he used in heading that ball!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Looks to have two good feet, a bit of pace and know where the net is, so obviously no chance of him coming to us![/quote]LOL, sadly your probably right, oh well we live in hope

[quote user="Big Bob"]JuanVelasco is like the Pinkun''s equivilent of Graham Hunter.[/quote]

I have no idea whether that is a good thing or a bad thing Big Bob...... because he does Spanish football? ha ha....

I don''t know that much about it, my nan was Spanish and lived in Malaga, so I used to catch the games as a kid.... they are my second team. Most people have another league that they are fond of?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]McVeigh would be like the re-signings of Fleck and Cureton - another disaster.[/quote]

No it wouldnt. We placed all of our hopes on those players, there is the difference. Cureton was given a three year contract and was bought to replace Earnshaw.

If McVeigh is given a one year contract as a squad player, to compete with people at left wing, right wing and up front, then it doesn''t matter if it goes wrong.

[/quote]

So spending a season''s wages on a has been doesn''t matter? Of course not, we are flush with dosh aren''t we!!

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]McVeigh would be like the re-signings of Fleck and Cureton - another disaster.[/quote]

No it wouldnt. We placed all of our hopes on those players, there is the difference. Cureton was given a three year contract and was bought to replace Earnshaw.

If McVeigh is given a one year contract as a squad player, to compete with people at left wing, right wing and up front, then it doesn''t matter if it goes wrong.

[/quote]

So spending a season''s wages on a has been doesn''t matter? Of course not, we are flush with dosh aren''t we!![/quote]

I doubt he would want too much money, if signing McVeigh on say..... £2000 a week, means not signing Hughes on £7,000 a week.... then good

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="MXboy"]he spent the 08/09 season at FC Barcelona Atletic (Barcelona B) with a scoring ratio of 1 goal every 3 games. FC Barcelona Atletic are in Segunda Division B Group 3 now not knowing anything about the spanish leagues...what is the english equivalent to the Segunda Division B Group B? :S Confusing[/quote]

Read my analysis, I have already said this!

La Liga (Premiership)

Segunda Division (Championship)

Segunda Division B i.     Segunda Division B ii.    Segunda Divison B iii.   Segunda Division B iv.        -  (League One, League Two, Conference here).

Its basically four divisions, teams from each of the Segunda B can win promotion to the ''championship''.....

i live in lanzarote who are in segunda b and have seen them play quite a few times including against real madrid b, to be honest the standard is quite poor league 2 at the best, and the b teams that you get will have almost nothing to do with the regular sides ( ie barcelona , real madrid  ). although in there defence they do not like coming to lanzarote as the pitch here is astroturf and you do not get a normal game of football.

ps if you think norwich have had problems spare a thought for lanzarote who''s main sponser pulled out just as the season started and two thirds of the players left as there was no money to pay them, they had to recruit from the local sunday teams just to get a squad together.

[/quote]

I have to wonder though, if Rusty and Clingan are off, and for a decent bit of cash one would suspect, why are we still chasing freebies and cast offs, surely we should be able to get a quality proven striker in now.....

Probably because we haven''t sold them yet therefore haven''t enough money for a quality proven striker...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have to wonder though, if Rusty and Clingan are off, and for a decent bit of cash one would suspect, why are we still chasing freebies and cast offs, surely we should be able to get a quality proven striker in now.....[/quote]the income will probably have already been budgeted for.