Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Any news on the Lads released by Spurs??

Who played in the Fakenham game??

Apprently we were impressed with a couple of them.

Any news on wether we''re going to take them on??

How many trailists do we have?  I make itStrikers:Micheal Bridges

Chris CraigGoran Maric

Troy Powell (?)Wide Midfielders:Paul McVeigh

Scott NeilsonCentral Midfielders:Nick Chrysanthou (?)Defenders:Takura Mtandari (?)Max Joarder (?)(?) based on position in EDP''s fakenham report. ie GK, RB, CD, CD, LB, RMF, CMF, CMF, CF, CF, LMFIs this a few more than normal?  Have I missed any?

Why not though?? If you working with a limited budget you''ve got to do what you can.

I''ve heard that 3 of those players are likely to be earning deals soon, not going to say which 3 though but hopefully some of these guys are good enough and along with Lee and a couple others we''ll go into this season with a good squad.

[quote user="Lambo"]Why not though?? If you working with a limited budget you''ve got to do what you can.

I''ve heard that 3 of those players are likely to be earning deals soon, not going to say which 3 though but hopefully some of these guys are good enough and along with Lee and a couple others we''ll go into this season with a good squad.[/quote] Good squad ? joking right , 3 players with something about them in the whole squad Doc , Steff ,and Hooly the rest are at best unproven and at worst non league quality.

This comment confuses me a little, "the rest are at best unproven and at worst non league quality"

Other than the youngsters earning pro deals for the first time and Theoklitos, everyone of our squad have proven themselves in the football league whilst the youngsters were part of a strong U18s side last season and Theoklitos is only behind 2 of last years Prem no1 keepers in the roos pecking order.

Whether the squad will be strong enough to win us promotion remains to be seen but to say it''s of non-league standard is incredibly stupid

[quote user="Lambo"]Why not though?? If you working with a limited budget you''ve got to do what you can.

I''ve heard that 3 of those players are likely to be earning deals soon, not going to say which 3 though but hopefully some of these guys are good enough and along with Lee and a couple others we''ll go into this season with a good squad.[/quote]Well I''d expect Troy at 17 will get some kind of academy contract.

[quote user="Lambo"] Any news on wether we''re going to take them on??[/quote]

I can''t imagine we''ll hear any news about trialists until the tour is over as they''ll want to have a good long look at them.

[quote user="Lambo"]Yeah... i know some are unproven hence the hopefully part numbnuts.[/quote]

Sorry, that post was aimed at Loan City for the record.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="Lambo"]Why not though?? If you working with a limited budget you''ve got to do what you can. I''ve heard that 3 of those players are likely to be earning deals soon, not going to say which 3 though but hopefully some of these guys are good enough and along with Lee and a couple others we''ll go into this season with a good squad.[/quote] Good squad ? joking right , 3 players with something about them in the whole squad Doc , Steff ,and Hooly the rest are at best unproven and at worst non league quality.
[/quote]

How the b*gg*ring f**k do you come to the conclusion they are "non-league quality"?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lambo"] Any news on wether we''re going to take them on??[/quote]

I can''t imagine we''ll hear any news about trialists until the tour is over as they''ll want to have a good long look at them.

[/quote]

I hope we do have a long look at them..not judge them on 1 game... Like we did  chooseing the man to manage our football team!  )-:

The right back when they played fakenham looked good even when we switched him to left back in the 2nd half. The Troy kid looked ok too, although need to see more of then to be honest.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Interesting - I thought they''d gone, be good to have another look at them but I think they''re only seen as long-term, youth investments anyway, not first team players.[/quote]

It''s quite clear that the vast majority of players at the Dereham game are in the reserve/youth/B-Team category.

You forgot Jens Bertel Askou

Out of all the trialists, i can see:
Maric
McVeigh
Powell
Askou

And maybe that Mtandari, who played full back against Fakenham signing on.