Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

If signing today is Theokolitis then we must surely have some money for Lee/Dickinson

Thats 4 players we will have signed without having paid anything of substance for any of them, possibly 5 if Neilson signs up. We''ve sold marshall and have the rebate money plus Foulgers input. I expect, no in fact I demand that we spend a bit of cash on a CF and a right winger!

I ma hearing that another deal is done, thats why a few were suggesting a doulbe press conference.

well if i am reading this correctly i would say this is what gunn is doing. strikers win games... spend the bulk of the funds there and pick up the rest on frees. This pre season is unlike any other as there are so many decent players out of contract to pick up on frees. I am hoping we sign not one but two strikers and a winger on a free.

Actually its three that we havent paid for, we paid 250k for Tudor Jones if reports are to be believed....... But I would be very dissapointed if we didnt find the cash to buy at least one of Lee / Dickinson / Holt. Personally I would prefer two of them, but I expect that would be dependant on Cureton leaving the club......

We just arent going to be able to push for promotion without added fire power. I believe that McDonald, Cureton and Martin will chip in with goals this year, but those three just arent enough alone......

Personally I would like Grant Holt, but looks like that deal is dead.

[quote user="The Chirp"]well if i am reading this correctly i would say this is what gunn is doing.

strikers win games... spend the bulk of the funds there and pick up the rest on frees.

This pre season is unlike any other as there are so many decent players out of contract to pick up on frees.

I am hoping we sign not one but two strikers and a winger on a free.
[/quote]

I am hoping exactly the same Chirp, agree completely, depending on who we can pick up on the right wing.

Ideal situation would be that Gunn is waiting on Wade Small to agree a contract, before deciding which TWO strikers he will sign. If we cant get Wade Small or similar on a free, then he maybe has to go for the cheapest out of Dickinson / Lee / Holt and then spend the remainder on a right winger.

Could explain the slow progress on Alan Lee and Dickinson........

So far so sensible if you ask me, agree that strikers at this level are going to make the difference and that is where the money should be spent.

Another winger and maybe a couple of strikers and I will be much happier with our squad.  I know it is not the squad of 93 or even 2005 but think Gunn is making the right moves for the level we are going to have to play at.  Will of course change my mind once I see the new look team kick a ball!

curo should go for the sake of his own career as well as martin and mcdonald''s... we need four forwards... two up and coming players alongside two more mature big strikers. In my mind that is Lee/Platt and then Dickinson... Just have a feeling Dickinson is coming to the Canaries. If Norwich signed say Platt and Dickinson and played one up with eith Cody or Martin I would be optimistic about this season... I am not a betting man but I would even consider putting a bet on... :-)This team would be ideal...                            TheoklitosSpillane        Doherty           Stefanovic   DrurySmall          Tudor-Jones   Clingan        Hoolahan                    Dickinson         Martinsubs, Rudd, Nelson, Platt, McDonald, Gill, Smith, Otsemobor(if Clingan goes... Gill in for him and Russell/Pattison/Adeyemi on the bench depending who is still here)I think OTJ will cost us depending on promotion and appearances... I don''t think it was 250K outright.

Colney Spy thinks there will be another signing in the next 24 hours. He was write about the last one so fingers crossed.

[quote user="Paddy2113"]Colney Spy thinks there will be another signing in the next 24 hours. He was write about the last one so fingers crossed.[/quote]

forgot the link http://twitter.com/colneyspy

[quote user="The Chirp"]curo should go for the sake of his own career as well as martin and mcdonald''s... we need four forwards... two up and coming players alongside two more mature big strikers.

In my mind that is Lee/Platt and then Dickinson... Just have a feeling Dickinson is coming to the Canaries.

If Norwich signed say Platt and Dickinson and played one up with eith Cody or Martin I would be optimistic about this season... I am not a betting man but I would even consider putting a bet on... :-)

This team would be ideal...

Theoklitos

Spillane        Doherty           Stefanovic   Drury

Small          Tudor-Jones   Clingan        Hoolahan

Dickinson         Martin

subs, Rudd, Nelson, Platt, McDonald, Gill, Smith, Otsemobor

(if Clingan goes... Gill in for him and Russell/Pattison/Adeyemi on the bench depending who is still here)

I think OTJ will cost us depending on promotion and appearances... I don''t think it was 250K outright.
[/quote]

Platt is utter f**king dogsh*t and if we sign him then it is a very sad day for our football club IMHO.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]curo should go for the sake of his own career as well as martin and mcdonald''s... we need four forwards... two up and coming players alongside two more mature big strikers.

In my mind that is Lee/Platt and then Dickinson... Just have a feeling Dickinson is coming to the Canaries.

If Norwich signed say Platt and Dickinson and played one up with eith Cody or Martin I would be optimistic about this season... I am not a betting man but I would even consider putting a bet on... :-)

This team would be ideal...

Theoklitos

Spillane        Doherty           Stefanovic   Drury

Small          Tudor-Jones   Clingan        Hoolahan

Dickinson         Martin

subs, Rudd, Nelson, Platt, McDonald, Gill, Smith, Otsemobor

(if Clingan goes... Gill in for him and Russell/Pattison/Adeyemi on the bench depending who is still here)

I think OTJ will cost us depending on promotion and appearances... I don''t think it was 250K outright.
[/quote]

Platt is utter f**king dogsh*t and if we sign him then it is a very sad day for our football club IMHO.

[/quote]

It''s so try, Platt is certainly not our striking answer. I rang a Col U friend of mine and he just laughed down the phone, even offered a straight swap for Curo as he thinks he is better. [:''(]

People said the same about Iwan Roberts. He''s not exactly the prettiest of players nor the most talented but IMHO he is certainly nowhere near ''dogsh*t'' as you put it. He''s not my first choice but isn''t my last... and like I have shown in my team, he would be here as a sub/competition to dickinson... In this league when games get scrappy, bringing on a 6 ''4'' striker with a lot of experience is one hell of an ace up the sleeve. Be us defending a lead (good in the box at either end in the air and holding the ball up front,) or chasing a game (hoping to snatch a goal.) If we signed him as the only forward to arrive at carrow road i would be unhappy. However as a striker to give us strength in depth i would be very happy indeed to have the ''Tree''.

I don''t remeber people saying that about Iwan before he signed, when he wasn''t play well in parts of his first season yeah but i must have missed the rest.

I would rather we had Sadik and Lee but unless we have hidden wealth somewhere i can see us having chepest option and Platt wearing yellow [:''(]

I am not expecting much in the way of transfer fees being paid - £300k max?   The sales of marshall (and almost certainly Clingan) will only go to fill the gap in the wage bill.  So more freebies on the way I think - almost certainly including rw/m and striker.

I hope I will be pleasantly suprised but dont think I will

We must bring in two strikers. There''s no guarantee that Martin and McDo will score loads of goals. If they did we would then be at the mercy of injuries as barn door is a busted flush. We have suffered because of the inability to sign effective strikers and must not fail again.

haha the same old clowns saying what a lovely looking squad we are building up on paper... [:$]

Would rather see Rudd in goal than this Theokilitis and fully expect to see him there after a month or two of the season has passed.

As for us building up some bidget to sign not one but two strikers in your dreams...  If they do then they will be of the same sub standard rubbish that we have here already.

How the club have scrimped and scraped through the last few years, nothing short of them bringing in Lambert plus one other exciting Striker like Simeon Jackson from Gillingham will be good enough.

Thanks to you lot applauding any dreadful signing we make, we now lack quality all over the park and have a team that will struggle whatever League it is playing in.

Simeon Jackson is a great striker... but also valued at 1 million.I understand what youre saying Smudger but there isn''t that money around! We cannot afford the two strikers you have mentioned. Unless you''re gone in the head you know this as well as I do. I am pretty sure you''re not as thick as some people on here think you are. - you just love good reaction/debate/slagging people off...Simeon Jackson is a former Rushden player (I think?) if we had signed him from Rushden with the record he had then you would have been ripping him to shreads.

Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly.

i don''t know why, instead of taking a risk on a lower league also ran, we don''t just pay that little bit over the odds and get Lee in, he wants to come, we''ve seen him adapt and play well in the championship and Crystal Palace want to sell, to me it''s a no-brainer, unless gunny has some sort of deal lined up for Drogba on a 6 year 1k a week deal

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly. [/quote] On one hand your saying Gunn is keeping all his budget to sign two good strikers , then you are saying we cannot afford two good strikers , make your mind up .My guess would be with Cureton,McDonald and Martin already on the books we will end up with one cheap old donkey like Alan Lee , nobody does cheap like this football club .

[quote user="Smudger"]

haha the same old clowns saying what a lovely looking squad we are building up on paper... [:$]

Would rather see Rudd in goal than this Theokilitis and fully expect to see him there after a month or two of the season has passed.

As for us building up some bidget to sign not one but two strikers in your dreams...  If they do then they will be of the same sub standard rubbish that we have here already.

How the club have scrimped and scraped through the last few years, nothing short of them bringing in Lambert plus one other exciting Striker like Simeon Jackson from Gillingham will be good enough.

Thanks to you lot applauding any dreadful signing we make, we now lack quality all over the park and have a team that will struggle whatever League it is playing in.

[/quote]

Based on what?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

to think otherwise is a bit silly.
[/quote] On one hand your saying Gunn is keeping all his budget to sign two good strikers , then you are saying we cannot afford two good strikers , make your mind up .My guess would be with Cureton,McDonald and Martin already on the books we will end up with one cheap old donkey like Alan Lee , nobody does cheap like this football club .
[/quote]

Do you actually wake up in the morning thinking........... I didn''t hate Norwich enough yesterday........ I need to hate them even more today.......

Why don''t you just post one message saying............

"I hate every player we have signed, I hate every player we are going to sign, I hate every player we are linked with no matter how dodgy the rumor and I hate everybody connected with the club"

It will save you from posting 1000 messages saying the same thing.......

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly. [/quote] On one hand your saying Gunn is keeping all his budget to sign two good strikers , then you are saying we cannot afford two good strikers , make your mind up .My guess would be with Cureton,McDonald and Martin already on the books we will end up with one cheap old donkey like Alan Lee , nobody does cheap like this football club .[/quote]sorry to make myself clearer, i think Gunn should put his budget into two strikers... one big signing striker such as Dickinson and the other not so big in Alan Lee/Clive Platt/Glenn Murray. I also think Cureton should go leaving us with two big men and two little men upfront.

Got to agree with Smudger on the Lamber point, however I will not condemn the rest as they look promising, but are unknown quantities at the moment. I am, however very far from impressed by the signing of Theoklitis, so what if he''s got two A-League titles, it ranks below the MLS in my opinion in terms overall quality, we may as well have singned him on the basis that he can bake a good Victoria sponge or drink a yard of ale in under 20 seconds. If he was 22 then I might think differently, I''m not against us signing young players from lower leagues, but to sign a 28 year old who''s played most of his career in Australia and even worse New Zealand is really quite worrying (and yes I am taking into account the fact he was signed by Blackpool in 2005 or whenever it was). I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong!!!!

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

to think otherwise is a bit silly.
[/quote]

I would expect one at the moment and twoo if we were to sell Clingan (as expected).

We have spent nothing thus far and also so far the fans have invested more money than our board of directors (with or without the rebate issue).

We know that Fougler has more money, we know that the new directors have invested little and what have Delia & Wynn Jones invested this year to make sure that NCFC bounce back at the first attempt?

You are probably right that I may of ripped Jackson to shreds if we had of signed him from Rushden a year ago.  I however think that I would not of ripped him to shreds but would of instead ripped our boardroom members to shreds if he was the only striker that we brought in that summer.  I have nothing against us bringing free transfers in and in our current predicament this has to be done.  We do however need a sprinkling of quality and some money spent on a striker or two that we can rely on to hit the back of the net and offer a bit of a wow factor.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly. [/quote]

I would expect one at the moment and twoo if we were to sell Clingan (as expected).

We have spent nothing thus far and also so far the fans have invested more money than our board of directors (with or without the rebate issue).

We know that Fougler has more money, we know that the new directors have invested little and what have Delia & Wynn Jones invested this year to make sure that NCFC bounce back at the first attempt?

You are probably right that I may of ripped Jackson to shreds if we had of signed him from Rushden a year ago.  I however think that I would not of ripped him to shreds but would of instead ripped our boardroom members to shreds if he was the only striker that we brought in that summer.  I have nothing against us bringing free transfers in and in our current predicament this has to be done.  We do however need a sprinkling of quality and some money spent on a striker or two that we can rely on to hit the back of the net and offer a bit of a wow factor.

[/quote]That last bit actually sounds like you might be going to a few games and are being relatively pragmatic about the situation. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Why not give Theo a chance ? I am and I see no harm in it.