Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Time to get behind Gunn?

From what I heard he was less than "hands on" in that department!

Argh!Note to self: Don''t hit ''post'' when you''ve not finished typing!!!This is the guy who signed the perportrator of the Fozzy Flick - how did that happen do you think?

[quote user="LQ"]Argh!

Note to self: Don''t hit ''post'' when you''ve not finished typing!!!

This is the guy who signed the perportrator of the Fozzy Flick - how did that happen do you think?

[/quote]

Were you not one of the many saying that both Strivahka and Fotheringham would be ok when we first signed them LQ?

I cant say for sure, but I am pretty sure that you would of been one of the many who asked us more critical ones to give such dross a chance.

That is what you get when you buy on the cheap you see!  [8-|]

I probably said (as I do whenever we sign a new player) "don''t cast a clout till May is out" lke my Dad always said - or don''t criticise till you''ve seen what they can achieve for you kids!Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.Bless old Granty though. He was a good guy who was out of his league. Still, some people loved him...

[quote user="LQ"]I probably said (as I do whenever we sign a new player) "don''t cast a clout till May is out" lke my Dad always said - or don''t criticise till you''ve seen what they can achieve for you kids!Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.Bless old Granty though. He was a good guy who was out of his league. Still, some people loved him...

[/quote]Bless the board though. Good guys who are out of their league. Still, some people love them

Bless teenagers.Ignorant little gits in general, still (despite the Asbos) some people still love them.

[quote user="LQ"]Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.[/quote]Fotheringham was a free agent.Strihavka at £250k for the year was cheap.Just the tonic for a manager who is forced to sell high and buy low.This man you mention do you mean Peter Grant, Neil Doncaster or the Club accountant?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="LQ"]I probably said (as I do whenever we sign a new player) "don''t cast a clout till May is out" lke my Dad always said - or don''t criticise till you''ve seen what they can achieve for you kids!

Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.

Bless old Granty though. He was a good guy who was out of his league. Still, some people loved him...

[/quote]

Bless the board though. Good guys who are out of their league. Still, some people love them
[/quote]

hahaha nice one CT... [;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="LQ"]Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.[/quote]Fotheringham was a free agent.Strihavka at £250k for the year was cheap.Just the tonic for a manager who is forced to sell high and buy low.This man you mention do you mean Peter Grant, Neil Doncaster or the Club accountant?[/quote]You can take the word ''free'' to mean whatever you want it to mean.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="LQ"]

Neither of these players were ''cheap'', Smudge. They were both what ''the man'' thought we needed.

[/quote]

Fotheringham was a free agent.

Strihavka at £250k for the year was cheap.

Just the tonic for a manager who is forced to sell high and buy low.

This man you mention do you mean Peter Grant, Neil Doncaster or the Club accountant?
[/quote]

You can take the word ''free'' to mean whatever you want it to mean.

[/quote]

Free = cheap as chips and utter pants.

When it comes to football usually equates to either a player out of contact or a duff player that nobody wants???

Or no ''fee'' but a very persuasive manager-agent discussion?

I''m aware we pay disproportionately large agents fees at this club but free plus wages has to be cheaper than say £1,000,000 plus wages doesn''t it? Some rules of thumb are as follows:Free plus low wages no signing on fee = crap.Free plus low wages plus signing on fee = not very good.free plus good wages plus signing on fee = likely to be average at best.free plus large signing on fee plus large wages = aging faded Prem player.expensive plus good wages plus large signing on fee = good.Like all rules of thumb not 100% accurate but a fairly good guide.Now Fozzy was what? Free check. good wages check. signing on fee ( well so you imply) check. = Average at best and guess what LQ ''Average at best'' is how many thousands of fans who watched him play regularly might describe him.

A purely personal opinion would say ''below average'', but then I wasn''t the one being persuaded.

Let''s face it, we don''t have the best record when it comes to captains...The armband around these parts is the poisoned chalice.