Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

hoolahan .

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Lee wants to play for ANYBODY near to his home , will be disgusted if we swap the best player at the club for an over the hill donkey , but with Oddjob in charge i have no doubts its a done deal.[/quote]You are a plonker - Hoops is off regardless of swap deals or anything. He will not be a City player next season - that I stake my mortgage on. So enough with the "disgusted to swap him for over the hill donkey" crap.What was a concern is that our esteemed manager was planning a swap with Lee\Hoops BEFORE we went down. If we stayed up, and swapped - then that would have been a dreadful decision.Going to miss Hoops, great shame....

[/quote] Dont want scummer Lee at the club even if he was a freebie .

I''d rather have Alan Lee here in League One next season than Hoolahan. I think Hoolahan is one of those "uncommited" players Gunn refers to. I think next season will be about strength over skill. So for that reason, and the reason to get us out the dark lower league... we should make Lee a Norwich player ASAP, and get the best possible price for Hoolahan. He''ll be missed. I think he''s a very good player, but in League One will be marked out of games, and taken out at the earliest opportunity... ala... Huckerby in the championship (most fouled player?).I do think Alan Lee has determination and leadership, we need a few more of these types of players coming in on perm contracts (not loans).

[quote user="Loan City Fc "] Dont want scummer Lee at the club even if he was a freebie .[/quote]

i agree with you on that front but not because hes a ex scummer, but because we need younger more passionate players who score a lot more then lee, goals is whats gonna get us out of league one and we need strikers who are gonna score not just run around with loadsa effort with no end result,

my wife would go mad if i put in lodsa effort with out giving her the right result lmao

we deserve better as fans then all the effort and no end result

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Cannot see Lambert coming here, he scored 29 league goals last season and if he was to go anywhere he would be daft to stay in the same league.
[/quote]

At the moment Huddersfield (League One) are favourites to sign him.

I''d be happy to have Lee but would like to keep Hoolhan too, if he wants to stay.

[quote user="a1canary"]Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time. Don''t want to see him go but needs must...[/quote]

I have to agree with you here A1, Lee would fair much better in League 1 then Hooli would.

Not wishing to be controversial here guys. But can norwich actually afford Alan Lee ? He was costing us nearly £10k a week in wages and frankly, he IS over the hill (which is why we got shot). I doubt he''d manage a full season as your leaing striker and would fall by the wayside as a 90 min player once the honeymoon period (to impress and secure a contract from ncfc), has passed!

If Hoolahan''s going to go then i''d rather we get a couple of teams bidding on him rather than just handing him over in a swap deal. let''s face it Palace dont want Lee, so lets not let them get a player we do want to keep in Hoolahan on the cheap (assuming there isnt some stupid clause in his contract). As for Lee we need some experienced senior players next season especially if we''re going to have a alot of really young players in the team and i would think he would be ideal. he''s a target man similar to Howard at Leicester (who was vital to their promotion), i didnt see much wrong with him physically to suggest he wouldnt be able to stand up to League 1 football especially if the team gets it''s tactics right and stop making him get out wide to cross the ball.

I am not convinced that Lee is a "straight swap" for Hoolahan.  Perhaps a swap and £200k, but there we go.I dont care if Lee is a martian, as long as he gets his head onto the punt up to relieve pressure!

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I''d rather have Alan Lee here in League One next season than Hoolahan. I think Hoolahan is one of those "uncommited" players Gunn refers to. I think next season will be about strength over skill. So for that reason, and the reason to get us out the dark lower league... we should make Lee a Norwich player ASAP, and get the best possible price for Hoolahan. He''ll be missed. I think he''s a very good player, but in League One will be marked out of games, and taken out at the earliest opportunity... ala... Huckerby in the championship (most fouled player?).

I do think Alan Lee has determination and leadership, we need a few more of these types of players coming in on perm contracts (not loans).

[/quote]

With respect I don''t think the Hooligan is uncommitted but for a lot of the season he was extremely baffled because he was brought in by a previous Manager to "roam" (the strongest part of his game in my view) and then told not to "roam" because apparently the game plan had changed[:$]  Some of you thought, I believe, that when he was finally allowed to roam he often did okay.

He did well in League One because he was tricky enough to leave some of the "burly defenders" sitting on their behinds.  I can''t comment about Lee but whether it is him or someone else you need a blood n guts guy up front.  The main reason Colchester got briefly promoted was the blood n guts provider, Iwelumo, one of the bravest and most determined players to wear the blue and white in quite some years.

Whether you can hang on to Hooligan I do not know.  League One, my opinion, is a combination of strength and skill not totally one over the other and unfortunately I have spent quite some years watching it.  It is trying to get the combination right which is the trick.  Not easy for anyone.

Hoolahoop is key for promotion for me, he done very well in this league before and if he wants to stay then, we should defo keep him. Quailty player. I think that once GR left and BG came and gave hugs, he was a better player and I think if he had not been injured, we would have stayed up.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time. Don''t want to see him go but needs must...[/quote]

I have to agree with you here A1, Lee would fair much better in League 1 then Hooli would.

[/quote]

You obviously base that on things you have read, having not seen him play in the flesh.