Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Who honestly thinks we're staying up?

Madeleine McCann turning upSwine flu killing everybodyQuasimodo getting a love bite on his bell endGunn''s hair growing backWiz stop pretending he can hex thingsBin Laden being foundMariella Frostrup appearing on the PlayBoy Channel

Brillant.............. and noop!

I do

I have since it became a possibility and I will up to the final whistle tomorrow.

The reason? I believe its better to live with hope than it is to spend my time waxing lacrymose about my football teams inevitable damnation... amongst other things.

Smiley face and whatnot

we''ve a dogs life - thats all - but stranger things have happened///[:S]but i can''t see past the value offered about charlton to win at 9/4...great price - cos i reckon a side already down - playing at home in front of their fans - will want to send a rival down - its to do with pride - a team already safe can afford to be generous and ease off the gas pedal - as i''ve been suggesting,,,we will need to earn the right to win at their place - there will be no red carpet laid out - make no mistake...in fact i can even see plymouth winning and charlton breaking our hearts...league 1 here we come...[:''(]but - you never know...the door is ever so slightly ajar - we could yet force it open[:D]

Not listening to the game, not checking the scores, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised come 3pm.Unfortunately, I believe we have no chance of staying up.  4 defeats in 5, that''s relegation form in my book.

I can''t see us winning at Charlton so thats game over.

I''m not sure I can even listen to Radio Norfolk this afternoon. Its just over 4 hours away and the nerves are setting in.

Do I think we can stay up? No, I don''t. IF we won against Reading last week, I would have said maybe. I''m always up for being proved wrong but, on this occasion, I don''t think I will be.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

ouch - just seen shax is out - we''d be already down without him - his absence is a huge blow - fraid to say our dogs life is now akin to queuing in the vets for the final injection[+o(]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ouch - just seen shax is out - we''d be already down without him - his absence is a huge blow - fraid to say our dogs life is now akin to queuing in the vets for the final injection[+o(]
[/quote]

Where did you hear that from, LGT?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Not me, I''m afraid.  Sorry to be negative but I just can''t see it.

[/quote]

You know my view Mr C, down from day one this season, and administration to follow.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ouch - just seen shax is out - we''d be already down without him - his absence is a huge blow - fraid to say our dogs life is now akin to queuing in the vets for the final injection[+o(][/quote]

[/quote]bbc news football site...

Charlton v Norwich

Venue:

The Valley Date:

Sunday, 3 May Kick-off:

1315 BST

Coverage:

Score updates on BBC Radio 5 Live & BBC Sport website

Charlton midfielders Matt Holland (knee) and Darren Ambrose (thigh) will not be fit in time to play.

Grant Basey is out with a hamstring problem. Jonathan Fortune

(Achilles), Jose Semedo (ankle) and Andy Gray (pelvis) are long-term

absentees.

Norwich are set to be without defender Jason Shackell (hamstring) while Lee Croft (calf) is still a doubt.

The Canaries will be relegated to League One unless they win and Barnsley lose at Plymouth.

Norwich skipper Gary Doherty insists his side believe they can avoid the drop. (groan - typical doc bull****[:''(]

"Obviously we''re all down in the dumps now, but it''s not

inconceivable for Barnsley to lose at Plymouth and us to win at

Charlton," he said.

Going today and I''m fairly certain that I know the outcome.  I think their is every chance that Barnsley will "do a Norwich" (that is to say go away to a lower-half mediocre club with nothing to play for needing a point and getting stuffed).  Sadly the other side very likely to "do a Norwich" is of course Norwich.  So I expect Barnsley to lose and Norwich not to turn up today and get a stuffing or possibly a draw if Charlton don''t turn up either.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ouch - just seen shax is out - we''d be already down without him - his absence is a huge blow - fraid to say our dogs life is now akin to queuing in the vets for the final injection[+o(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers for that. For one moment I hope you were scare mongering!! Well thats that then, lets face facts. They think its all over....it is now.

bbc news football site...

Charlton v Norwich

Venue: The Valley Date: Sunday, 3 May Kick-off: 1315 BST
Coverage: Score updates on BBC Radio 5 Live & BBC Sport website

Charlton midfielders Matt Holland (knee) and Darren Ambrose (thigh) will not be fit in time to play.

Grant Basey is out with a hamstring problem. Jonathan Fortune (Achilles), Jose Semedo (ankle) and Andy Gray (pelvis) are long-term absentees.

Norwich are set to be without defender Jason Shackell (hamstring) while Lee Croft (calf) is still a doubt.

The Canaries will be relegated to League One unless they win and Barnsley lose at Plymouth.

Norwich skipper Gary Doherty insists his side believe they can avoid the drop. (groan - typical doc bull****[:''(]

"Obviously we''re all down in the dumps now, but it''s not inconceivable for Barnsley to lose at Plymouth and us to win at Charlton," he said.

[/quote]

Cheers for the source, LGT. For one hopeful moment I thought you were scare mongering!! Well thats that then, lets face facts. They think its all over....it is now.

I think Plymouth will beat Barnsley but in we will lose at Charlton, we can never be relied upon to get a result in a must win game.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]Cheers for the source, LGT. For one hopeful moment I thought you were scare mongering!! Well thats that then, lets face facts. They think its all over....it is now.[/quote]if its a hamstring - he''s out - especially cos shax isn''t our player - he''s been tranny listed by big mick and will be looking to move on close season - he''s not likely to risk a serious injury from playing that could takes weeks to recover from and/or require an operation in the worst case scenario...[:(]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think Plymouth will beat Barnsley but in we will lose at Charlton, we can never be relied upon to get a result in a must win game.[/quote]

100% agree.  There are so many different scenarios this afternoon. We could win and Barnsley loose.  We could draw and Barnsley draw.  We could loose and Barnsley loose. We could loose and Barnsley win. Only one of those scenarios sees us safe.  I can''t stand it!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think Plymouth will beat Barnsley but in we will lose at Charlton, we can never be relied upon to get a result in a must win game.[/quote]

same here. i dont want them 2 go down but it just looks that way 2 me.

If we go down next season i think Huckerby will come back coz he has said 2 gunny that he will do his time 4 us again and i think he will want 2 come help his club. (yn)

[quote user="Boot"]Going today and I''m fairly certain that I know the outcome.  I think their is every chance that Barnsley will "do a Norwich" (that is to say go away to a lower-half mediocre club with nothing to play for needing a point and getting stuffed).  Sadly the other side very likely to "do a Norwich" is of course Norwich.  So I expect Barnsley to lose and Norwich not to turn up today and get a stuffing or possibly a draw if Charlton don''t turn up either.[/quote]

What he said.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

100% agree.  There are so many different scenarios this afternoon. We could win and Barnsley loose.  We could draw and Barnsley draw.  We could loose and Barnsley loose. We could loose and Barnsley win. Only one of those scenarios sees us safe.  I can''t stand it!!

[/quote]

I think the most worrying scenario is for us and Plymuff to be winning 1-0 going into injury time and either Charlton or Barnsley equalise, I have more or less accepted that we''ll go down but to have renewed hope snatched away like that would be hard.

How many times this season have you had genuine hope...only for the team to produce a non-performance? I can''t count the times so why should this afternoon be any different. Whilst I have 1% hope in me that the improbable can happen, the performance against Reading was one of a team with relegation written all over it. I cannot recall a last day win either (did we when we went up?)- for some reason I just think of the 6-0!

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

I think the most worrying scenario is for us and Plymuff to be winning 1-0 going into injury time and either Charlton or Barnsley equalise, I have more or less accepted that we''ll go down but to have renewed hope snatched away like that would be hard.

[/quote]

OH DON''T!!! The nerves are working overtime as it is. I just think Im going to hibernate until its all over!!

not in a million years. I''ve got money on a plymouth barnsley draw, hopefully numb some of the pain

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats why i will be just putting on Sky sports at about 15:00,i''ll have a quick look and if we are down then the sulking will commence,if a miracle has happened and we have survived then i will sob like my new born son and then have a big drink!!!