Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Blackpool - Forest, Barnsley - Wolves & QPR - Plymouth, Match Thread:

[quote user="Jules"]Draw. So what does that mean for us?
[/quote]

It means 4 pts could still be enough for us to stay up. It also means whatever the result on Monday, we can''t go down that day. But more importantly, should we win both games, we stay up whatever. And with Plymouth playing Barnsley on the last day, well, only one of them can win it.

We have to be fairly pleased, especially with both Forest and Barnsley having lead at stages.

Means Win Monday and it''s in our own Hands. Draw monday means 2 points behind. Means we would have to Beat Charlton and hope Barnsley don''t win at Plymouth. Lose against Reading, we would have to beat Charlton, and Hope Barnsley lose

Thanks everyone.

Bye from me for now.

Great result for us and Barnsley don''t look like they will win last game.

Four points should be enough.

[quote user="sig"]I think I''m right in saying that whatever the result on Monday, it will come down to the final day?[/quote]Correct. The only way we could''ve gone down this week was with a Barnsley win.

[quote user="Jules"]Draw. So what does that mean for us?
[/quote]

It means if we win on Monday we''ll go above Barnsley on GD, and even if we lose we''ll still be alive going into the last game.

Could have been a lot worse. 

[quote user="sig"]I think I''m right in saying that whatever the result on Monday, it will come down to the final day?[/quote]

Correct, even in our worst nightmares we lost on Monday, we still can''t go down, as we''d be 3 pts behind Barnsley. Sadly, Barnsley could play out a draw and send us down on the last day in that scenario, regardless if we win or not against Charlton. We''d be hoping for a favour from Plymouth in that case.

if we lose against Reading, it could mean that Barnsley and Plymouth could play out a draw to keep each other up.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="sig"]I think I''m right in saying that whatever the result on Monday, it will come down to the final day?[/quote]

Correct, even in our worst nightmares we lost on Monday, we still can''t go down, as we''d be 3 pts behind Barnsley. Sadly, Barnsley could play out a draw and send us down on the last day in that scenario, regardless if we win or not against Charlton. We''d be hoping for a favour from Plymouth in that case.

[/quote]

So a draw on Monday wouldn''t be a disaster..............but please let us win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m pleased with today''s results, but it is a sad indictment on NCFC - that it''s come to us relying on other results to survive in the Championship.....

WE should have sealed it 3 games ago.

its kicking off at oakwell, police horses are on the pitch!!, lets hope for a points deduction for barnsley for failing to control fans ;)

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]And now to listen in to Birmingham vs Preston to determine whether Reading have anything to play for Monday...
[/quote]

Well Sheff Utd won, so I think they''re just 1 ptd behind them now. Pressure on B''ham. They''ll look to win at home and go up today. Fingers crossed they get at least a point, so Reading can play as well as their play off contenders cardiff did today - and lose 3-0 gracefully on Monday!

[quote user="ncfc90"]if we lose against Reading, it could mean that Barnsley and Plymouth could play out a draw to keep each other up.[/quote]

We must get at least a draw on Monday to put pressure on Barnsley.  If that happened they''d know they would have to win to be sure as a draw would not be enough for them if we won at Charlton............  I''m emotionally exhausted!!!

If Soton win last game by 2 or more they finish above Forest before the 10 pt deduction so they''ll be going for it too to get the deduction this season rather than next

4 points would only not be enough for us now if Barnsley win at Plymouth. Plymouth have a strong incentive in that game too as they are not mathematically safe.

I will watch the Brum game, and keep everyone posted, not that it means as much as the others tbh. Reading would stillw ant form going into the Play-Offs.

[quote user="Smeg"]its kicking off at oakwell, police horses are on the pitch!!, lets hope for a points deduction for barnsley for failing to control fans ;)[/quote]

Although I dont condone this behaviour at least they are showing how much its hurt them...if the same thing happened to us, Carrow Road would just clap and sing "Delias Barmy Army".

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Keep up Jim.

And see you after the Charlton game CT! Although in the circumstances I won''t hold you to it.
[/quote]

Ha ha, you wait til you get to my age mate ! [:$]

we could have done with a southampton win, then they would be fighting against notts forest next week to save the 10 points from being applied next year

Just as an aside, Souhampton''s draw today means they have nothing to play for against Forest next week as they will take the 10 point penalty next season.

did you here about the strange weather on the south coast???

its +37 in portsmouth but -10 in southampton!!!

(sorry for that, friend just sent it to me!)