Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

darren purse..

i see his name was mentioned in the een tonight again .

if we mange to stay up this season , i dont think for one minute we would be in this nightmare again mr roeder left us in .

i would like to think we would have shacks back on a perminent basis , with purse at the back i think that would be a solid back two we need.

with alan lee , maybe gow , young cody , we could start to build a decent squad again .

if we kept hold of clinigan , lee croft  , then it would look fairly good next season .

early to think this i know , but the difference now is players want to be part of norwich again .

we have only been in the bottom three for about two weeks this season out of seven and a half months since august .

thats how im looking at it !!!!

not to forget the young canaries at luton , well done for your win at wembley , you should have stuck your fingers up at the camera and shouted up yours roeder !!!, im sure they will come back better for norwich , and eager to prove a point !!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Printing error, should have read http://nickhereandnow.blogspot.com/2008/09/slumming-it.html....''Empty Purse''.....[/quote]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . or even . . . . . .   http://nickhereandnow.blogspot.com/2008/09/slumming-it.html. .  ''Barren  Purse'' ! ! !

I agree with you, but I personally think the Doc is undroppable at the moment, so Purse and Shackell would be fighting for one spot in defence in my opinion.

I think that we don''t need purse if we can get shacks permently  them we have doherty,shackall and dejan that is a good three centre backs to choose from

If at all possible you want two players fighting for each position. More than that is a bonus. At centre back we only have Stefanovic and Doherty here permanently. We are awaiting further news on Stefanovic because there were rumours at one point that it depended on how recuperation went otherwise he may retire - not sure how accurate that is. Added to that Spillane has still to sign the contract offered to him by Gunn - so far as we know. And ofcourse Shackell is only on loan. I think we would need Purse even if all of those things came to be good knews. However can we afford Shackell? Does Spillane want to come back?As far as Clingan goes Fulham were the team linked with him but they seem to be linked with every player under the sun at the moment: Huddlestone, players at Southampton etc. It may be possible to hang on to him but if we do that we will need to offer him a new contract to make any future moves for him worth more. If we stay up I am pretty sure Croft will stay.Huckerby - I really hope that if he is set to return that they sign him before January because that could be too late to have an effect on our season.

[quote user="chicken"]If at all possible you want two players fighting for each position. More than that is a bonus. At centre back we only have Stefanovic and Doherty here permanently. We are awaiting further news on Stefanovic because there were rumours at one point that it depended on how recuperation went otherwise he may retire - not sure how accurate that is. Added to that Spillane has still to sign the contract offered to him by Gunn - so far as we know. And ofcourse Shackell is only on loan. I think we would need Purse even if all of those things came to be good knews. However can we afford Shackell? Does Spillane want to come back?As far as Clingan goes Fulham were the team linked with him but they seem to be linked with every player under the sun at the moment: Huddlestone, players at Southampton etc. It may be possible to hang on to him but if we do that we will need to offer him a new contract to make any future moves for him worth more. If we stay up I am pretty sure Croft will stay.Huckerby - I really hope that if he is set to return that they sign him before January because that could be too late to have an effect on our season.[/quote]you are right, Shackell will probably be second fiddle at wolves again, and doherty has his moments of madness.Stefanovic will stay on, he said so in an interview about a month ago.and purse would bring us a different type of centre back who is harder and a better threat at set pieces.with the clingan situation. i think, if we got 3m for him. id take it. he is an exellent player but if we could re-invest that money back into the squad then id be ok with that. and as for huckerby. he wasnt willing to be an impact 20/30min player, so he was to leave. and i still think he is only suited for a few minute burst. he is not the player who first burst onto the scene in 03?

If we''re after a centre half look no further than Jan-Paul Saejis, on loan to Saints from Roda JC. Cracking player.

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]If we''re after a centre half look no further than Jan-Paul Saejis, on loan to Saints from Roda JC. Cracking player.[/quote]agreedhe scored the other night. he looks fairly handy and saints wont be able to afford him now.that said if we got purse on a free i wont mind.

im sure it was purse who played against us in the play off final against birmingham .

he is a very committed defender , he kept out iwan for most of the game , and we all know big iwan with his headers !!!

i rate him highly , would be a good signing , him and (forgive me for changing my mind !!!) alan lee , powerfull players are needed in the championship ,

ie dion ... , big fellows in your team always helps !! ... and our star defender tiny !!!

[quote user="singing canary"]

im sure it was purse who played against us in the play off final against birmingham .

he is a very committed defender , he kept out iwan for most of the game , and we all know big iwan with his headers !!!

i rate him highly , would be a good signing , him and (forgive me for changing my mind !!!) alan lee , powerfull players are needed in the championship ,

ie dion ... , big fellows in your team always helps !! ... and our star defender tiny !!!

[/quote]for those of you still not knowinghe got a good grip of marc libbra at st andrews once