Sign in to follow this  
|BA

You must admit - Its very exciting!

[quote user="JF"]

I would take mid table boring nothing to play for run in every time thanks!!

[/quote]

Agree exciting is not the right word - miserable and numb are more fitting with how I feel at the moment!

Prefer my bike racing, IBA...at least i get something out of that.

Football is no longer a sport at professional level!

[quote user="|BA"][quote user=whoareya]

You need to get out more, IBA!

You think? ......

You seriously dont get a buzz from the games at the moment? You didn''t feel an added ingredient hearing the last minute Forest winner today? that would have been ''better'' if we were sitting in 10th? You prefer mundane and ordinary to something thats a little bit more edgy?

Its not me that needs to get out more I suspect..........

I certainly felt an added ingredient on hearing the Forest result as I trudged out of the Liberty Stadium yesterday afternoon.

But as you''re out a lot I suspect you must have worn one of those many excited City faces there too........ 

Semi Finals against Luton, Sunderland, Everton, Cup wins against Sunderland, Trips to Munich and Milan are all up there with the disappointment of Fulham. I''ll never forget any of those days, just like you''ll never forget this season.

[quote user="First Wizard"]This is the sort of excitement I just don''t need in my life thank you.[:S][/quote]

Semi finals against Luton, Sunderland, Everton. Cup wins Against Sunderland. Trips to Munich and Milan and the Heartbreaking Disappointment of Fulham. Days you''ll never forget and this season will be the same.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Very exciting! Oh sure, it’s very exciting. Thrill at the endless fun you can have working out how many points we are going to need if A, B and C all win, or if A and C lose and we win. It could last for hours, or at least until the final day. End of season fizzle? When did we last have one of those? Whatever happened to finishing mid table, or better? IBA, I wonder, did you not find last season exciting enough to not want an instant replay again this season? No IBA. What I would love (our survival goes way beyond mere want) is this club to have some consistency, starting on the pitch and ending up at the top table. Consistency of thought, consistency of tactics used and consistency of resolve and passion on the pitch. For the past four seasons we have gone from one disaster to another, and just lived for the moment, prayed, crossed our fingers and HOPED for the best. This is no way to win a match, or keep the club afloat. So if you get your kicks watching us head for the 3rd Division then so be it. It’s not exciting, it’s heartbreaking. Sad, disappointing, tragic. Whatever words you want to hurl at our plight. The final few games are about so much more than a few football matches. It’s about saving our club from what would be disaster in the current football climate. IF someone at the club can promise me 6 seasons of mid table mediocrity in the Championship while we rebuild from top to bottom I would bite their hands off, and that is lowering my expectations considerably.[/quote]

Great post Gazza.

Yes, IBA, it''s all very well loving all this excitement, narrow scrapes, etc, but eventually it''ll all end in tears. NCFC has been a shambles for several years and it''s looking as though we''ll all be needing the tissues very soon.

I for one could certainly live without the current '' excitement '' being dished up at Carrow Road and I''m sure myself and Gazza aren''t the only ones. 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Very exciting! Oh sure, it’s very exciting. Thrill at the endless fun you can have working out how many points we are going to need if A, B and C all win, or if A and C lose and we win. It could last for hours, or at least until the final day. End of season fizzle? When did we last have one of those? Whatever happened to finishing mid table, or better? IBA, I wonder, did you not find last season exciting enough to not want an instant replay again this season? No IBA. What I would love (our survival goes way beyond mere want) is this club to have some consistency, starting on the pitch and ending up at the top table. Consistency of thought, consistency of tactics used and consistency of resolve and passion on the pitch. For the past four seasons we have gone from one disaster to another, and just lived for the moment, prayed, crossed our fingers and HOPED for the best. This is no way to win a match, or keep the club afloat. So if you get your kicks watching us head for the 3rd Division then so be it. It’s not exciting, it’s heartbreaking. Sad, disappointing, tragic. Whatever words you want to hurl at our plight. The final few games are about so much more than a few football matches. It’s about saving our club from what would be disaster in the current football climate. IF someone at the club can promise me 6 seasons of mid table mediocrity in the Championship while we rebuild from top to bottom I would bite their hands off, and that is lowering my expectations considerably.[/quote]

Great post Gazza.

Yes, IBA, it''s all very well loving all this excitement, narrow scrapes, etc, but eventually it''ll all end in tears. NCFC has been a shambles for several years and it''s looking as though we''ll all be needing the tissues very soon.

I for one could certainly live without the current '' excitement '' being dished up at Carrow Road and I''m sure myself and Gazza aren''t the only ones. 

[/quote]

The Board have got us to where we are and its heartbreaking but the point is we''ll never forget it and we will always refer to this season for many years to come. I''d much rather we didn''t have to endure this but it is exciting even if for the wrong reasons

Arthur Whittle wrote :

The Board have got us to where we are and its heartbreaking but the point is we''ll never forget it and we will always refer to this season for many years to come........

Trouble is Arthur we''ve had so many bad seasons recently I''m finding it hard to remember which one is which !

Relegation at Portaloo Road will be a thrill and a half. I can hardly wait! I think there''s a difference between excitement and negative stress which is worth considering. One is good for you, the other will kill you.

Sorry I don''t find it exciting either, words like sad, upsetting and heartbreaking fit the bill much better in my opinion.

Just can''t believe the state this club that we all love is in!!

[quote user="book end"]Relegation at Portaloo Road will be a thrill and a half. I can hardly wait! I think there''s a difference between excitement and negative stress which is worth considering. One is good for you, the other will kill you.[/quote]

Spot on!

Scraping into the play offs on the last game of the season= Excitement.

Needing a win on the last game to stay up,losing very important games at home (to poor teams)=Stress!

Devastating, heartbreaking and very sad would be far nearer the mark imo. When I think about it I can feel the anger building up inside me at the way Delia and her muppets have destroyed our club, if they remain for much longer we will be in the conference Exciting my backside.