Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Can we still get Lita in the summer?

I just looked on bbc, and he hasnt been in squad for the last three games (not surebefore that), and havnt seen anything about contract, so i guess he will still be leaving, will he come back?

the wage bill at carrow road is double what we can afford, so dont think theres a chance of lita coming, if anything more culling.

so rather than bringing in future gems like coddy for 25k , and having a good coach who knows the lower leauges fairly well , we would happy put ourselves in the same position as this year , pay out silly money to agents . obviously the board havent learnt thier lesson .

[quote user="singing canary"]i dont think you will need that if he is out of contract !!! i think ..[/quote]What are to to pay him? shirt buttons.  Doncaster reckons we''re already on a sky high wage bill.

he wont stay on 25k a week even if he goes to the prem, he must know himself he has to take a cut, more like to be on 10-15k a week, which we should be able to afford

theres still clubs out there willing to pay that.after all scum got dos santos, think of his wage. Lita is a money grabber and its why reading are playing hardball, he wont come here because we cant offer him big money or an ambitious sales pitch.

right from the word go .. we had no proven striker .

we lost ched evans and dion , is was clear to see we were never going to score goals .

choppping and changing the squad  does not work , the players need to know eachother and how they play .

i do not know a team ever to have much success with a team full of loan players .

burnley have not spent as much as we have , but they will make money when they sell a few players on .

you pay out through the nose , and left with holes in the squad at the end of the season , how can you build on that .?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]he wont stay on 25k a week even if he goes to the prem, he must know himself he has to take a cut, more like to be on 10-15k a week, which we should be able to afford
[/quote]

Give it up GP, there''s not a cat in hells chance he''ll drop down to League One!

Sorry, Reading fan here, first post and all that. Joined because I quite like your side, and I hope you can stay up, over any of the other clubs battling it out down there.

As for Leroy, you are more than welcome to him I should think. We have 3 strikers (Doyle, Noel Hunt and Long) who all do a better job than him, plus Kitson if he comes back south. Leroy came back into the side, much to my own joy, and played quite well. However, he couldn''t score a goal, and neither could anyone else whilst he was on the pitch. Since he has been dropped, we have started scoring again. He won''t sign a new contract with us, so he will be a free agent in the summer. After what he did for you, I would like to think he could fit into your team quite comfortably. You might be able to get Mooney too, good to see him playing first team football and scoring some goals, but if we go up, I don''t think he has a future at Reading Football Club.

[quote user="RoyalWizard"]

Sorry, Reading fan here, first post and all that. Joined because I quite like your side, and I hope you can stay up, over any of the other clubs battling it out down there.

As for Leroy, you are more than welcome to him I should think. We have 3 strikers (Doyle, Noel Hunt and Long) who all do a better job than him, plus Kitson if he comes back south. Leroy came back into the side, much to my own joy, and played quite well. However, he couldn''t score a goal, and neither could anyone else whilst he was on the pitch. Since he has been dropped, we have started scoring again. He won''t sign a new contract with us, so he will be a free agent in the summer. After what he did for you, I would like to think he could fit into your team quite comfortably. You might be able to get Mooney too, good to see him playing first team football and scoring some goals, but if we go up, I don''t think he has a future at Reading Football Club.

[/quote]we were after mooney before you got him anyway so it would probably be quite fitting. as you say, you have 3 strikers ahead of lita and mooney so they wont get in. and i think Kitson will end up back with you as he is crap anywhere else but great for you. id rather have mooney than lita as lita is a money grabber and mooney seems to have a bit of passion and a swagger in him.

trust me i think norwich owe reading alot .

both your strikers who we have had here have helped us out no end , if we had not have had lita or mooney i think charlton would be above us .

i would be happy to have both of them in the same team , good luck reading i really hope you go up this season , so we can have a few more favours !!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]We may be able to afford a half-pint, but never a lita......[/quote]Brilliant Mello!

But on topic, I think both players have a good chance of coming here IF WE STAY UP!Lita would be a free, and depending on wages, you never know. He seemed to like it here, and as long as we stay in this division I could see him coming here. As for Mooney, it depends if Reading want to let him go really. I''ve no idea why we didn''t sign him in the summer anyway after all the speculation!

There''s not a cat in hells chance of Lita coming here full time! He will warm the bench for a lower Prem team & pick up huge wages as this is what motivates him! I would love us to sign Gow full time & play him alongside super Cody mac. Mooney would be fantastic but I don''t like our chances of signing him either!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Give it up GP, there''s not a cat in hells chance he''ll drop down to League One!

[/quote]

Wiz Go boil your head, we dont need the negativity.

Gunnys gonna save us!

My mate works at dunston hall bar and he served Leroy Lita whilst he was at our on loan. At first i though yeh yeh ok.. But then he showed me the till receipt showing him serving it and he ordered 1opints of stella and was dared by his mate who was staying with him for the weekend to down 10 pints in an hour. I was pretty shocked as this was a thursday and i recall there being a game on the saturday. If this kind of attitude was to go anything by then i think Leroy is abit of a ''bad apple'' and we all know Steve Coppel wouldn''t put up with that.. So it''s fair to say, come the summer Leroy will join a side like Crystal Palance and stay in the London area...  If we were to stay up and something came along financially then yeah id love to see him here if he was to fully commit to the club and try to help us improve on this seasons troubles.

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="singing canary"]i dont think you will need that if he is out of contract !!! i think ..[/quote]

What are to to pay him? shirt buttons.  Doncaster reckons we''re already on a sky high wage bill.
[/quote]

Fotheringham and Croft are probably the top earners at the club. There departures will free up some doh.

I''d quite like him here as he''s still our top scorer but you have to question his motivation for not signing a new contract at Reading. Is it a money issue? Or does he want to be top dog? If it''s the former, we''ve got no chance, if it''s the latter we''ve got some.

lita was always a threat, but he only scored 6 in 16 was it ?? ( correct me if im wrong )

mooney has 2 in 2, gow looks a threat, mcdonald looks good aswell.......

so why blow 20k a week on wages for him when we could be targeting other players that contribute as much but for half the fees ?!!

I think Lita will never be full time NCFC.

As has already been stated (so forgive the repitition) would rather have mooney and Gow and pay them a reasonable wage and not have the ego to deal with.

I get the impression Mooney is happy playing first team football again and would come to us if Reading let him leave.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I think Lita will never be full time NCFC.

As has already been stated (so forgive the repitition) would rather have mooney and Gow and pay them a reasonable wage and not have the ego to deal with.

I get the impression Mooney is happy playing first team football again and would come to us if Reading let him leave.

[/quote]

Leroy Lita is only interested in Leroy Lita and he''s hanging out for the biggest deal possible, whether its with Reading or another high flying side who can pay it.  He''s hardly looked lethal in the last few months though.

He came here to get fit.  He did that, scored a few goals, played well and left.  I don''t think he''ll come back.

No chance of Lita coming here. He will end up at a club who gives him the best contract. My guess would be West Brom after they get relegated, or even Newcastle if they came down.