Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

"Norwich need a point at Charlton to stay up"

I can see the headlines now. We will  bumble along with the odd win and draw with the teams around us doing the same and it will all come down to the last game with us needing a draw to stay up.

We will take 5000 to Charlton and the result:

a) Win convincingly as Charlton are already relegated, the board and Gunn will be seen as heroes. We will then enter next season with all season tickets sold, some great positivity around the club but there will be no new money, our decent players will be sold and we will enter into the relegation battle again.

b) Lose against a Charlton side who need a win to stay up. We get relegated, Delia, Michael, the board and Gunn resign. We have some new money via a local business man, a complete top to bottom re-organisation of the club, a new manager, a new vision and new start. We build slowly next season and get promoted to the championship via the play-off''s.

Which option would you choose, I would rather get relegated if that means we have a radical shake up at our club.

[quote user="Yellow since 1977"]

I can see the headlines now. We will  bumble along with the odd win and draw with the teams around us doing the same and it will all come down to the last game with us needing a draw to stay up.

a) Win convincingly as Charlton are already relegated, the board and Gunn will be seen as heroes. We will then enter next season with all season tickets sold, some great positivity around the club but there will be no new money, our decent players will be sold and we will enter into the relegation battle again.

b) Lose against a Charlton side who need a win to stay up. We get relegated, Delia, Michael, the board and Gunn resign. We have some new money via a local business man, a complete top to bottom re-organisation of the club, a new manager, a new vision and new start. We build slowly next season and get promoted to the championship via the play-off''s.

Which option would you choose, I would rather get relegated if that means we have a radical shake up at our club.

[/quote]

c - win every game left in the championship season and finish in the playoffs on goal difference before beating wolves then preston in the final.

i''d rather c please

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yellow since 1977"]

[/quote]

c - win every game left in the championship season and finish in the playoffs on goal difference before beating wolves then preston in the final.

i''d rather c please

[/quote]

I like C too, but feel it''s more likely to be B

[/quote]

i''d rather c please

[/quote]lol..its C for me aswell(if only) but i would take B if all of the above were to happen

[/quote]

i''d rather c please

[/quote]and jamie cureton scores in the final...................... no wait now im just being silly

How about D... We get relegated and the board remain in place and continue to offer very little in terms of funding or positive leadership and we look forward to years in the third tier in football. I would suggest this is quite possible sadly.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]How about D... We get relegated and the board remain in place and continue to offer very little in terms of funding or positive leadership and we look forward to years in the third tier in football. I would suggest this is quite possible sadly.
[/quote]

I must say I was thinking along those lines too

B is not too dissimilar to the position WBA were in some 10 years or so ago.  They are allegedly now one of the few clubs whose accounts are in the black.  Food for thought everyone....

I personally think we will miss the drop by an uncomfortable margin.

if we get relegated then we might not get new money in and therfore be the next luton and also if we go down it will not be easy to come back up. WEveryone seems to think we will just breeze L1 and come back up well thats not likley to happen. If we go down we might not be here this time next year

How about E - where the board is hounded out however no new backer can be found, leaving the club in millions of pounds worth of debt...  The club enters administration and starts in league 1 with a points penalty, as well as being forced to sell off all it''s ''assets'' and field a team of youngsters from the academy (Peter Thorne also returns on a free, stating that he feels he owed the club and wants to help restore the club to its former glory...).  I''ll leave the ending of this story up to you...