Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Safri - I rest my case!

Safri, His 1st game is a ''friendly'', and and he gets booked!. don''t say I did''nt warn you. You ain''t seem nothing yet, just wait till it gets competive!.

Wiz, normally I am in agreement with, or at the very least sympathetic to, your opinions and points of view. However, in this case, please lay off Safri, at least until there is reason to pick on him.......

All I can say Wiz is that a yellow card doth not a player make. Nor judge for that matter. You are stilling forcing your case before giving the man his fair chance. Judge not oh wise one, you may yet eat your humble pie at Carrow Road as you yourself chant his name...

Bloomin ''eck Wiz, talk about not giving a guy a chance. He gets booked in his first game and suddenly he''s nothing but trouble. Come on, give the guy a break.

Will you be berating a new striker if he fails to score in the first game?

Come on it is a bit much in a friendly though isn''t it. Unless of course he is ring rusty and desperately trying to impress sir nige. Hasn''t he just come back from Morocco though, where he was playing.

Wiz - I too have concerns about him as far as being a quality buy is concerned - my stated view remains we have paid far too much for a player who is not as good as the current central midfield pairing of Holt and Francis..

However at least he has already shown that he will is committed to playing his best for the team and willing to work hard in his defensive duties. Application isnt everything but it sure helps - god knows Easton and Rivers could have done with some.

OTBC

Oh no not a yellow card!!!!!!!!! We''ve never had one of those b4 have we. Keane in his prime and Viera got booked most weeks, did that make them bad players!!
GET REAL and form an opinion on Safri after hes played a load of games not just cos he gets booked in one meaningless one!!!!!!

Waghorn seemed impressed too:

"an assured first appearance from Youssef Safri - as the Moroccan proved that Phil Mulryne won''t be the only one able to pass the ball about from the base of midfield next season - and there were reasons enough to be cheerful as the big kick-off looms."

God, Peter you have really depressed me now. If Rick ''I only write what Worthy wants to see'' Waghorn rates hims then he must be really bad!

Only kidding.

OTBC

Just as one swallow a summer does not make, one yellow card a thug does not make. One every other game or so and I might start to take notice and get my abacus out, but right now he needs our support and patience if he is to settle in well and do his best when called upon - which could be at any time, possibly from the off with the tough fixtures we have got in August!

Surely the fact he picked up a yellow card in friendly match shows that he is always commited in the tackle.

Worthy is rarely wrong and obviously rates him as a player, so i think that he should be given a chance. Personally i will cheer on every single player who puts on the yellow and green shirt next season and i believe that he should be given a chance to prove himself.

OTBC

1st wiz lets get real,if he keeps us up i don''t care if he kicks lumps out of all and sundry till the end of the season!!

Which is, presumably, how you came up with the nickname "nolegs". If Norwich City ever had to resort to such tactics to avoid relegation they would ( and should ) likely lose much of their support.

Obviously its far to early to assess how Safri is going to turn out !...... after saying that I hope his " CV " doesn`t indicate whats in store .......... my worry is that he may begin to destroy our team spirit ........... it only takes one bad apple .............

Well spotted sheded!, you looked at his CV, like me. It is the red cards that concerns me, he''ll be suspended most times than he actually plays if he maintains his past performances. ''A leopard does''nt'' etc etc.

When he pulls on the yellow shirt, he will of course, have my support, but I''m not a blinked supporter either, unlike some of you posters on here.

He comes here with an appalling disciplinary record, just beware of that fact. There any number of foreign ''cheats'' in the Premiership just waiting to take advantage of his behavior.

No Legs: I can''t believe you really meant,
that you hope he''ll kick lumps out of the opposition, thats just awful, my friend!.

As they say ''Time will tell''.

Be afraid, be very afraid!.

Excuse me but i seem to remember a mister Darren Huckerby (praise the lord for his existence) receiving a yellow card last season for an atrocious tackle at Carrow Road after he flattened the oppositions goalie with a simply ruthl;ess challenge.

Funny how no-one complained about that.

It just seems that some people love to point fingers before a player has even settled in at a club. Give the guy a chance!

By the way, I agree that buying Scrowcroft instead of Pennant is a bad idea.

If anyone fancies a laugh today check out the Ipswich town match reports on both the binners website and this o holy grail, and compare the two.

You''ll find how the oh deluded ones convince themselves that they have a chance of promotion next season extremely amusing.

1st Wiz, I agree that Safri''s disciplinary record is poor and it does concern me too, but it seems like you''ve taken this one yellow card as concrete proof that his bad behaviour will continue. I think its too early for us to make any such judgements.

Worthy himself said after the game that Safri''s discipline was something they''d have to work on and I believe that Worthy is capable of changing his approach and so far he hasn''t had the chance to do so. Worthy has given Safri a chance for premiership football, something which he has apparently longed for since he first came to England so surely he would be prepared to give something to Worthy in return.

Finally, just because he may be a bit hot headed on the pitch doesn''t necessarily mean hes a ''bad apple''. As an example take Kevin Muscat, we all know what he''s like on the pitch, but according to Iwan in his book he''s a really decent bloke off the pitch. Patrick Vieira has had his disciplinary problems in the past, but I don''t see him being anything other than an inspiration to others in the Arsenal squad.

Hell I''ve got to reply to that Mr Wonderboy. Wet round the ears in terms of this board you may be, but you can''t bring the Paddy Kenny tackle into this!!!

I sit in the Barclay and to say that Mr Kenny made a meal of it is a bit like saying Mr Muscat is a slightly unpleasant Aussie, in other words a huge understatement.

The collision , for that is what it was, left Mr Kenny motionless for at least two minutes having completed at least 2 360o rolls. Only when the trainer rush on and applied magic water to his face did he manage to "come round"; rolling his eyes and feigning breathlessness. Yes, even the great RSC and Sir Alec would have been delighted with the performance.

Do you remember him being rushed to casualty? No sir. I recall him playing on and pretending that his knee hurt occassionally.

Hey and Guess What. He did exactly the same on the tele a few weeks later against someone else (could have been Sunderland or the Scum)

Come off it Wonders, Paddy Kenny is a cheat.

And he did exactly the same thing at their place last season. Ran out of his box to clear the ball, realised it was going into touch and Norwich could take a quick throw to catch him in no-man''s land so he decides to roll to the floor clutching his leg. A few minutes treatment courtesy of a magic pie and he jogs back to his goal smiling at us away fans.

Excuse me Beardy, my previous pinkun name (and real name) was (and is) A Mr Paul Bygrave, who you may remember being blasted on this site prviously for my extremell anti-ipswich stance (which i intend to continue), so to call me "wet behind the ears" would simply allow me to reply that any norwich supporter of 16 years cannot be called such a thing.

Secondly I would point out that although Paddy Kenny''s awesome acting disply was indeed worthy of an oscar, it was Huckerby''s fault for being stupid enough to challenge him in the first place, and didn''t attempt to argue one bit with the ref for his decision to flash a card.

Finally I would also point out that not all of our beloved players sporting the yellow and green are completely innocent of diving. I seem to remember Svenson''s olympic diving tactics being discussed on this forum last season.

Im not a pessimist, just a realist. And even I say we''ll stay up next season.

LC

A most objective summary on this whole subject if I might say so. Leopards do change their spots. If I am typical, then in my career I''m looking to do better, improve on my weaknesses and play to my strengths.

Even the venerable Wizard probably make the odd co** up of certain spells and curses - I am sure he''s quickly back to the Junior Enclopedia that wizards refer to to make improvements.

Like any employer, I am positive that Nigel will have studied Safri''s CV, noted the plus''s and minus''s, and has taken an overall objective view - with the confidence that his disciplinary record is something that can be worked on.

And I agree.

And assuming that happens, we''ll have someone in there prepared to give there all.

A very objective reply, one which I nearly agree with Ayrton Twigge. But me, make a crystal balls up over a spell or curse, never. Well hardly ever!.

Although it was not your goodself, to compere Hucks discipline (hallowed be his name) to Mr Safri''s, amazes me. There is no comparrison, and the poster knows it.

Sir Nigel must be confident in his ability as a manager to channel Safri''s aggression in a more positive way. I just wish I had his confidence. Not as a manager I must add, but more as a miracle worker.

Peter: Try as I might, I could never, never wish a fellow human being injury, sorry!.

Excuse me Wundaboy , it took me a while to visualise Hucks making a ruthless tackle ....LOL.... there isn`t a ruthless bone in his body ! ........ all that happened was two guys going for the ball and when contact was made one of them did R.A.D.A proud , and it wasn`t Huckerby ! ............ Hucks does dive quite often , but he doesn`t makes a meal of it , its more an act of self preservation !! ...........after all , if he wasn`t so quick to avoid the boots coming at him , he would have spent most of last season in traction !!! ......... you could say I`m biased here..... and you would be dead right ........... :o)

Two reasons why would I happily discuss any matter that you wish Mr Wonder.

1. You clearly hate Ipswich. However irrational you care to be on that subject I will gladly support you. Living in Bury St Eds and having an Ipswich supporting Father my emotions go beyond any recorded psycho babble on the subject. Hear hear to whatever you say.

2. You think we''ll stay up. All power to you my friend. A beer is yours should we ever meet!

Wiz.

Great to see you in such ebullient form. Of course Hucks (for he shall inherit the earth) cannot be compared to any at NCFC at present. Without Hucks we would not be up . Simple.

I''ve been meaning to thank you for the potion that sorted the scum out at West Ham this year.My entire familly rejoiced for many days and nights. The force be with you Wiz. Use it wisely my friend, use it wisely....