Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

WELL DONE CITY.

Kathy, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Its not new manager syndrome in my eyes, its the fact that Gunn and the team have allowed the players to play with out fear, I reckon that they were scared of making a mistake under GR and now that Gunn is here, he has told them to keep trying and don''t be afraid to play.

I applaud that, i would rather see some tricks and attempts at goal than seeing the players fear in there eyes.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Kathy, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Its not new manager syndrome in my eyes, its the fact that Gunn and the team have allowed the players to play with out fear, I reckon that they were scared of making a mistake under GR and now that Gunn is here, he has told them to keep trying and don''t be afraid to play.

I applaud that, i would rather see some tricks and attempts at goal than seeing the players fear in there eyes.

[/quote]

Absolutely - spot on.  It does seem that Roeder''s regime was quite harsh, and there must have been an element of fear in their play.  Gunn has released this, the players are starting to show what they are capable of and starting an unbeaten run can only help their confidence.  I don''t think it is "new manager syndrome", it is far more than that. 

I don''t expect anyone to agree, but I feel rather sorry for Roeder. He was trying to build a decent footballing side on no money,  but I feel he was unlucky with injuries & the odd result going against him; unfortunately his essential nervousness & lack of self-belief then came to the fore & communicated itself to the players ....... everyone was terrified of making mistakes, so everything went down in a vicious spiral ......I think Bryan has a lot more self assurance & belief. This could count for more than anything in a relegation scrap.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I don''t expect anyone to agree, but I feel rather sorry for Roeder. He was trying to build a decent footballing side on no money,  but I feel he was unlucky with injuries & the odd result going against him; unfortunately his essential nervousness & lack of self-belief then came to the fore & communicated itself to the players ....... everyone was terrified of making mistakes, so everything went down in a vicious spiral ......I think Bryan has a lot more self assurance & belief. This could count for more than anything in a relegation scrap.[/quote]well roedy looks a complex character - and sure - he didn''t do himself any favours with his handling of the media/agm - but when the pressures on - people can react in strange ways - and maybe his reaction to an agm crowd - was to be overly defensive,,, due perhaps to fear of rejection - which can make people decide to get the first knock in - cos he expected criticism,,,or perhaps he was selflessly protecting the board - who knows???but - ultimately,,,his may way or the highway approach (or thats what it looked like) - failed to carry the crowd and/or the players - while gunn is at pains to be more inclusive imo - a plan that seems to be working...

As has already been hinted at, I think the most pleasing thing about this result was that we would have so easily capitulated under the previous regime but didn''t. I admit I left the room when the radio said 1-0 to Wolves and returned to be pleasantly surprised we''d gone 1-1. Then 2-1! Then even when we were 3-2 down, we show grit and determination to come back.

I was extremely underawed by Gunn''s appointment but I am delighted the players are playing with belief and pride again

There cannot be a true Norwich fan who isn''t chuffed tonight.Funny isn''t it, last Tuesday felt like a defeat, seven days later and it feels like we''ve won, but we only got a draw on both occasions. Wish I''d gone tonight now but that result and performance more than makes up for that.I thought we were poor last Tuesday and even worse on Friday but maybe this is the turning point now.

Well done ''''our team '''' us fans are so proud of you tonight plus a special mention for the travelling fans, well done to you all too.

Wasn''t online tonight to do my usual but its never too late so

CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)][:)]

Thoroughly agree that tonight was a fantastic result and a great effort from the lads.

However, before we all get a little carried away, let''s see if the momentum can be sustained. I still feel that 4 points out of 9 against struggling teams is a poor return, especially when it really looked like we had 3 points in the bag last Tuesday.

And I also still have in mind what happened after the last good result against Wolves.

Not being all doom and gloom, just saying enjoy the win but stay realistic, the season still has many peaks and troughs to go. 

As you say Mellow excellent point and to eco the thoughts of others, if we can just sort the defence we can start to climb the table a little bit

All in all very pleased with the new regime so far, at least now if the worst happened we would go down fighting but it looks very much like we can stay up, a good result against Bristol and we''re starting to look perky

BRYAN GUNN’S GREEN ARMY!