Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I would back Gunn even after relegation!

I''m so confused. [:(]. Wiz, what is your GENUINE opinion? About...ANYTHING?

But in fairness since Wiz posted this the wind direction in Lowestoft has changed and we all know Wiz changes his mind with the wind.[:D] It''s one of the reasons I don''t very often take his posts seriously but veiw them more as screams for attention.[;)]

You''ve got to like the old fella for the fun and entertainment he provides.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And why not?

He''s transformed the atmosphere around the club, an atmosphere that makes City unique amongst clubs. If we''re relegated, my gaze would be directed at Smith, the board and Roeder.

Bryan is just trying to repair their damage...........and it might take some time to fix!

[/quote]

And in the blink of an eye, he became "Uncle Fester"...
[/quote]
Oooh. I was gonna have a look for this thread. Then i thought, nah, not fair on Wiz.
But actually...Wiz? [:D]
[/quote]

Unlike the blinkered, happy clappers on here, I''m damn proud that I''m not stuck in the mud of old dogma and afraid to change my opinion..........its that trait of inflexibility which relegated us in the first place!

GUNN OUT!

[/quote]

[|-)][|-)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And why not?

He''s transformed the atmosphere around the club, an atmosphere that makes City unique amongst clubs. If we''re relegated, my gaze would be directed at Smith, the board and Roeder.

Bryan is just trying to repair their damage...........and it might take some time to fix!

[/quote]And in the blink of an eye, he became "Uncle Fester"...[/quote]Oooh. I was gonna have a look for this thread. Then i thought, nah, not fair on Wiz.But actually...Wiz? [:D][/quote]

Unlike the blinkered, happy clappers on here, I''m damn proud that I''m not stuck in the mud of old dogma and afraid to change my opinion..........its that trait of inflexibility which relegated us in the first place!

GUNN OUT!

[/quote]At least those ''blinkered, happy clappers'' have an opinion, and stick to it. Rather than, for a completely random example...claiming you WOULD BACK GUNN EVEN AFTER RELEGATION, AS THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE, and then after 19 games insist UNCLE FESTER IS SCROUNGING OFF THIS CLUB, HE HAD NINETEEN GAMES TO GO WE WEREN''T IN THE RELEGATION ZONE WHEN HE TOOK OVER SO ITS ALL HIS FAULT.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

But in fairness since Wiz posted this the wind direction in Lowestoft has changed

[/quote]

Don''t mentioned wind to me Inch High, its ruining my garden![:(]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And why not?

[/quote]

And in the blink of an eye, he became "Uncle Fester"...
[/quote]
Oooh. I was gonna have a look for this thread. Then i thought, nah, not fair on Wiz.
But actually...Wiz? [:D]
[/quote]

GUNN OUT!

[/quote]
At least those ''blinkered, happy clappers'' have an opinion, and stick to it. Rather than, for a completely random example...claiming you WOULD BACK GUNN EVEN AFTER RELEGATION, AS THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE, and then after 19 games insist UNCLE FESTER IS SCROUNGING OFF THIS CLUB, HE HAD NINETEEN GAMES TO GO WE WEREN''T IN THE RELEGATION ZONE WHEN HE TOOK OVER SO ITS ALL HIS FAULT.
[/quote]

As you said, after 19 nightmare games I was forced to change my opinion.

Whats worse? still backing Smith after years of continued failure? if thats keeping your opinion credible.........stuff it!

Wiz,

I think we would have a lot more respect for you if you stuck to your guns.

Gunn is the manager now so please back him.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Wiz, I think we would have a lot more respect for you if you stuck to your guns. Gunn is the manager now so please back him.[/quote]

Sorry Jim  No.

On Smith and the Board I think I''ve held true.

But events change quickly in footy, and I will adapt to those changes. Its always Mr Chops who trawls up my old posts, and I''m grateful he does in a way.....although he''s very careful to avoid my correct prediction ones like the plague!

In short, I''ll carry on as always, if posters don''t like it................

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

And why not?

[/quote]

I will back him until he proves he doesn''t deserve my backing, just as every manager at NCFC. 

[/quote]

He lost five of our last six must win games of the season, ending in another collapse against already relegated bottom of the league Charlton. We were relegated. I think Mr Gunn had his chance and blew it astronomically. But go ahead and back crap if you want to. Im sure you wont be alone. [8-)] 

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

He lost five of our last six must win games of the season, ending in another collapse against already relegated bottom of the league Charlton. We were relegated. I think Mr Gunn had his chance and blew it astronomically. But go ahead and back crap if you want to. Im sure you wont be alone. [8-)] 

[/quote]

Exactly! thats why I had to change my mind and end my support for him.

How on earth can we expect to value the opinions of someone who changes his mind so radically in just 3 months. No way.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

And why not?

[/quote]

I will back him until he proves he doesn''t deserve my backing, just as every manager at NCFC. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

You fool, you don''t get the point of this thread being dug up again do you?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]How on earth can we expect to value the opinions of someone who changes his mind so radically in just 3 months. No way.[/quote]

Fine, don''t, I care not either way![:D]

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Fine, don''t, I care not either way!

And that simple statement sums him up. Rest my case.

[/quote]

Well done you then............[:S].

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

And why not?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You fool, you don''t get the point of this thread being dug up again do you?

[/quote]

LOL, deary deary me. This is insane.

Wizard, Are you real or what ? how can anyone in thier right mind make a stupid comment like that, to stand and support a failed manager for a second term, If we are not chaseing automatic promotion by November he has to go Sorry pal thats it thats the way most fans see this and he will be faceing angry fans before then Watch this space

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

And why not?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NO, the team lost 5 of the last 6 must win games of the season.  Bryan Gunn was asked to turn water into wine when he took over, and all he was given was a bucket of p*ss.

When for god sake are the crap, under performing footballers going to get a taste of the bile thats spouted on here.  We were relegated because the players didnt turn up at 40 of the 46 games last season.

We cant blame Gunn for relegation. 

I would never back Brian Gunn, even in the Conference let alone League 1. He has NO experience and doesnt know anything about management. It just proves what kind of a board we have with Delia and co. appointing him as manager!

[quote user="Delia Out"]I would never back Brian Gunn, even in the Conference let alone League 1. He has NO experience and doesnt know anything about management. It just proves what kind of a board we have with Delia and co. appointing him as manager![/quote]

Nor would I......now.

If the Pope had been a City fan he''d have converted to Islam after Gunn''s 19 matches in charge, let alone changed his mind.

This is what happens when a poster with a grudge trawls back old threads on here........everyone gets confused!

Gazza:

Not nearly enough JB has passed my lips.[:S]

I think Gunn did a half decent job given the appalling hand he was dealt.  And I also think he will do an OK job for us as manager.  My concern is that I dont want someone to do an OK job.  I want an experienced manager who will do a great job.  Our best chance to rectify this slide is to do it right away.....

What do you reckon to that Wiz.  That is a real opinion, not one I am going to change in 5 minutes time!!!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I think Gunn did a half decent job given the appalling hand he was dealt.  And I also think he will do an OK job for us as manager.  My concern is that I dont want someone to do an OK job.  I want an experienced manager who will do a great job.  Our best chance to rectify this slide is to do it right away.....

What do you reckon to that Wiz.  That is a real opinion, not one I am going to change in 5 minutes time!!!

[/quote]

Mr Wiz will answer for himself no doubt but Butterworth, at least, is not unfamiliar with the delights of League One and anyone who has  spent a while at Darlington and Hartlepool will have woken up and smelt the coffee (and probably had it thrown at him, as well).  He at least should know what is needed.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

Firstly Carlos, this is an old thread brought back by Mr Chops in an attempt to score points off me, fortunatly, I have a thick hide.

I tried to back Gunn in January, but 19 games and a relegation later, I sadly realise, I was wrong on that backing of a fool of a manager.

If you, or anyone else think that to retain my credibility I must still back him.......think again!

My last words on this old thread are thus:

My opinions on Smith............no change.

On the board............................no change.

On certain City players..........no change

[quote user="Delia Out"]I would never back Brian Gunn, even in the Conference let alone League 1. He has NO experience and doesnt know anything about management. It just proves what kind of a board we have with Delia and co. appointing him as manager![/quote]I wouldnt back him even if he was sucessfull!