Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

For people who are not renewing their season tickets

[quote user="huckster"]ELLIS... I would like to know how long exactly you have had your season ticket ? (apart from the fact i have been a member since 1979) the reason i am asking is this really.... DID you first get yours when ncfc were in such a dire mess ? or was it when we were playing half decent football with our OWN players ?People have had enough, and it is entirely up to them to express their anger on these types of sites as it is a free country you know.I also admire your passion for our club and i am slightly jealous of the fact that i was once like you, but all the faith and passion that i once had has been ripped out of me over the last 3 or 4 years and i am now in the situation where i have none left.The manager certainly won''t listen to us meagre fans, the board might listen but won''t or can''t do anything about it, so it is up to the.... and i quote from you : THE REAL FANS.. to start voting with their feet and staying away until such times that the club sorts it''s own mess out.It is time to stand up and be counted, and you can''t be counted if you are still sitting on your seat ! [/quote]My first game was in 1993 against Manchester United, think we lost 2-0, but from then on went often as possible, got my first season ticket about 1996 I think, and had one every season up until the Premiership season believe it or not, I didn''t get one that year as I was working every weekend but I still got to as many matches as possible, got a season ticket again this year but still can''t make every game due to work, but get to about 15 home matches a season and hope to get to around 10 away matches a season as well, next one being Donny away. And I will be renewing my ticket for next season as well. I also hate Roeders arrogant attitude towards our fans and also know for a fact that our players hate Roeder, but I also think our next 3 league games will determine whether he stays or not, I also think we need some investment urgently, yet I''m not going to sit here and aim insults and hatred remarks towards our board due to the fact I don''t have a short term memory and realise that they have done much more good for this club than bad, and I also hope that fans don''t start boycotting games because that will do much more damage than good, and it will ultimately achieve nothing, we need to show potential investors what great fans we are and that will sell the club to them, otherwise who''s going to purchase a football club with a half empty stadium and that other half sitting their in silence?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice. [/quote]How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?[/quote]And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they.
Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back!
[/quote]

so the cedit crunch has oabviously passed you by then.... idiot!

jas :)

[/quote]

You''ve missed the point completely. I''m not having a rant at people who cannot afford to attend matches anymore, that is unfortunate and I feel sorry for them, it would kill me if I physically could not afford to watch my team anymore, my ranting was about the people who have decided to stop going to matches because we''re not winning week in week out. People are quick to moan on here about the lack of loyal players we''ve had in the past (Earnshaw, Etuhu etc) yet they are just as bad themselves, what happened to the loyal fan?
[/quote]

No sorry ellis, I think you''ve missed the point.  The reason why myself and many other long standing supporters are considering not renewing next season has nothing to do with the run of results, its the lack of hope that''s killing us.  I''ve been though many ups and downs since 1964 and have never yet considered jacking in my season ticket (until now).  I would even happily follow us into the mire of League 1 if I thought that anything positive would come from it or if we actually had a Board and Manager who looked like they were building for the future or could give a toss.  I''m afraid that loyalty has nothing to do with it, it''s more a case of retaining my sanity!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice. [/quote]How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?[/quote]And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now. [/quote]Yes ellis we do. It''s a beautiful stadium.Pity about the football then isn''t it?After all, football is supposed to be sporting entertainment. No matter how much you spend on a gorgeous stadium, the fans pay good money to see decent football.Aren''t they entitled to that?The problem here ellis, is for all the good Delia & Co have done, for all the stadium improvements, off-pitch investment etc, the standard of football has deteriorated dramatically.And the reason? Money paid by fans and investors has not been spent, as it should, on the football itself. That is the real issue that lies at the heart of the problems at NCFC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they.
Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back!
[/quote]

[/quote]

The rot set in long before the credit crunch.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

I was just pointing out that it''s not only Delia who is putting her hard earned cash into our club

[/quote]But the implication of the OP was that the Board is squandering money as irresponsibly as his son; does this mean season ticket holders are wasting money too? Any more than Delia is wasting hers?If you think someone is not spending your money wisely, surely the best thing to do is stop giving it to them, not swearing & shouting on an internet forum.I notice the OP now says his son is earning some money of his own. I would have thought it an excellent idea to see how he gets on under his own steam; later, if he needs some dosh for something more worthwile than cans of lager you might feel quite happy to supply it, knowing he now has a better appreciation of its value.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice.
[/quote]

How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?
[/quote]

And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now.
[/quote]

And here lies the problem. People appear to be more concerned our stadium looks nice than our team being talented. I''m grateful we don''t have a hell hole of a stadium like Palace or those weirdo''s down the road, but they do at least have teams challenging for the play-offs. How clean and polished the seats are in the snakepit won''t win us promotion.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve missed the point completely. I''m not having a rant at people who cannot afford to attend matches anymore, that is unfortunate and I feel sorry for them, it would kill me if I physically could not afford to watch my team anymore, my ranting was about the people who have decided to stop going to matches because we''re not winning week in week out. People are quick to moan on here about the lack of loyal players we''ve had in the past (Earnshaw, Etuhu etc) yet they are just as bad themselves, what happened to the loyal fan?
[/quote]

I don''t think anyone expects us to win week in week out but we don''t expect us to lose week in week out either which is pretty much what we''ve been doing. If you want to continue ignoring the real issues at this club then good luck to you, you can defend the board as much as you like but the fact is that because they have neglected the team for far to long and as a result we are deeper in the poo than we have ever been.

If you are happy with a couple of decent years in 13 then you are very easily pleased, I want my team to be as successful as possible and I judge the directors on what they have achieved on the pitch and that has and that hasn''t been anywhere near good enough imo. To put it in a nutshell it is totally and utterly the boards fault that we are in the terrible situation we are now in and for me any good that they have done  off the pitch has been far outweighed by the bad decisions they have made on it.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice. [/quote]How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?[/quote]And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now. [/quote]Yes ellis we do. It''s a beautiful stadium.Pity about the football then isn''t it?After all, football is supposed to be sporting entertainment. No matter how much you spend on a gorgeous stadium, the fans pay good money to see decent football.Aren''t they entitled to that?The problem here ellis, is for all the good Delia & Co have done, for all the stadium improvements, off-pitch investment etc, the standard of football has deteriorated dramatically.And the reason? Money paid by fans and investors has not been spent, as it should, on the football itself. That is the real issue that lies at the heart of the problems at NCFC.[/quote]The income from the fans doesn''t even cover the wage bill, that is a fact we all know, another fact is that every club outside the premiership is operating at a loss year in year out, and many clubs will be going under, I can gurantee we won''t be one of those because we''ve been sensible, only time will prove me right though.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice.
[/quote]

How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?
[/quote]

And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now.
[/quote]

Yes ellis we do. It''s a beautiful stadium.
Pity about the football then isn''t it?
After all, football is supposed to be sporting entertainment. No matter how much you spend on a gorgeous stadium, the fans pay good money to see decent football.
Aren''t they entitled to that?

The problem here ellis, is for all the good Delia & Co have done, for all the stadium improvements, off-pitch investment etc, the standard of football has deteriorated dramatically.
And the reason? Money paid by fans and investors has not been spent, as it should, on the football itself. That is the real issue that lies at the heart of the problems at NCFC.
[/quote]

The income from the fans doesn''t even cover the wage bill, that is a fact we all know, another fact is that every club outside the premiership is operating at a loss year in year out, and many clubs will be going under, I can gurantee we won''t be one of those because we''ve been sensible, only time will prove me right though.
[/quote]

Please don`t make such bold statements when you don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Ticket income and player wages are stated in the clubs accounts (which you don`t have) and in the last two financial years ticket income has been greater than player wages.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="pete_norw"]

I was just pointing out that it''s not only Delia who is putting her hard earned cash into our club

[/quote]

But the implication of the OP was that the Board is squandering money as irresponsibly as his son; does this mean season ticket holders are wasting money too? Any more than Delia is wasting hers?
If you think someone is not spending your money wisely, surely the best thing to do is stop giving it to them, not swearing & shouting on an internet forum.
I notice the OP now says his son is earning some money of his own. I would have thought it an excellent idea to see how he gets on under his own steam; later, if he needs some dosh for something more worthwile than cans of lager you might feel quite happy to supply it, knowing he now has a better appreciation of its value.
[/quote]

Season-ticket holders are not given valuable shares in exchange for their money are they ron?  It could be argued that the average fan "gives" the club more money than the majority shareholders do.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice. [/quote]How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?[/quote]And do you seriously think that by sitting in Carrow Road chanting "board out" is going to achieve anything? Because I don''t think thats going to make an investor materialise you know. And the incompetant board earned that millions upon millions of pounds that you were talking about by having success and getting us into the Premiership in the first place. Without that we wouldn''t of had those millions and millions of pounds, yet we have a bigger and nicer looking stadium now. [/quote]Yes ellis we do. It''s a beautiful stadium.Pity about the football then isn''t it?After all, football is supposed to be sporting entertainment. No matter how much you spend on a gorgeous stadium, the fans pay good money to see decent football.Aren''t they entitled to that?The problem here ellis, is for all the good Delia & Co have done, for all the stadium improvements, off-pitch investment etc, the standard of football has deteriorated dramatically.And the reason? Money paid by fans and investors has not been spent, as it should, on the football itself. That is the real issue that lies at the heart of the problems at NCFC.[/quote]The income from the fans doesn''t even cover the wage bill, that is a fact we all know, another fact is that every club outside the premiership is operating at a loss year in year out, and many clubs will be going under, I can gurantee we won''t be one of those because we''ve been sensible, only time will prove me right though. [/quote]

Please don`t make such bold statements when you don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Ticket income and player wages are stated in the clubs accounts (which you don`t have) and in the last two financial years ticket income has been greater than player wages.

[/quote]Pots and kettles? The only wayyou can know if he doesn''t have the club accounts is if you have searched his premises.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]But the implication of the OP was that the Board is squandering money as irresponsibly as his son; does this mean season ticket holders are wasting money too? Any more than Delia is wasting hers?If you think someone is not spending your money wisely, surely the best thing to do is stop giving it to them, not swearing & shouting on an internet forum.I notice the OP now says his son is earning some money of his own. I would have thought it an excellent idea to see how he gets on under his own steam; later, if he needs some dosh for something more worthwile than cans of lager you might feel quite happy to supply it, knowing he now has a better appreciation of its value.[/quote]

Season-ticket holders are not given valuable shares in exchange for their money are they ron?  It could be argued that the average fan "gives" the club more money than the majority shareholders do.

[/quote]Hmm. How much do you reckon they''re worth then? If she were forced to sell them today?

I think your post is a long way from the truth and, as with all generalisations does not stand up to close scrutiny. I am thinking of not renewing my 3 season tickets. I have been going since I was 7 years old starting in the 1971/2 season. Since then I have rarely missed a home game apart from when I was playing rugby on Saturday afternoons. When I could not afford the price of the tickets I worked selling programs or on the turnstiles to get free entry. Presently I have 3 season tickets for me and two of my children. I love the club and always want to see them do well. I have supporteed through thin and thinner. However the reason I go to football is to be entertained. That is something that is sorely lacking and has been for some time. It has got to the stage where I do not enjoy going along to matches. It is no fun going along to see overpaid players not putting in the effort that thousands of us supporters would put in just to have the honour of wearing the shirt. Furthermore there is a poison atmosphere at the ground now. I agree Roeder was a poor appointment and should go. That said I will rarely boo the team or shout for his head during a game. By saying that I am thinking of not renewing does not mean I do not support the club or am a glory hunter it just means that I have better things to spend money on than those who are not putting in the requsite effort for their salary cheque.

Regarding all the bad mouthing of the Board and shareholders, who have put their hands in their own pockets many times, could you do a better job? They have been incredibly generous putting money in that they will likely never see again and are doing so because they love the club. Stop harranging them and get behind the team

Come on you Yellows!!!

This is the 11th season in a row i''ve had a season ticket at Norwich, and not once before have i contemplated not renewing. But here''s my situation:-

I''m young enough to play football myself on Saturdays (at a decent, worthwhile standard) and to be honest while i can i want to make the most of that. Therefore this season i think so far i have been to 6 (no more certainly) home games with my season ticket; and will probably see a total of 10-12. The rest of the time i try and flog my ticket to someone i know for about a tenner; recouping the cost price of a game. I think i paid about £240 this season!

Me not going to every game doesn''t make me any less of a fan than anyone else, even you Ellis, it doesnt mean i dont support the club any more than i used to; but what it means ; is that in these difficult times i have to think carefully about whether i''m getting value for money out of a season ticket. Is paying £250 next season going to be both, worthwhile and enjoyable; as well as affordable considering my situation.

It isn''t the fact that we are sitting 21st in the championship that is  the biggest problem for me and many others; its the fact that NCFC no longer feels part of us; all the loans, all the changes, there''s nothing there it seems for the long term, nothing to invest in; nothing to watch improve and grow. If i was watching Academy Products (Like Spillane) show a spark of talent, learn by their mistakes, and we were sititng where we are; i would have less of a problem. As it is, we''re wasting the clubs much needed cash (coming from OUR pockets) on Loan players, who are here learning by their mistakes, who in the words of GR we "are helping to improve for their clubs". NCFC  has potenitial, it shouldnt be a feeder club for Premiership sides. NCFC come first.

The manager is; linking in with the lack of something too look forward too; the other reason. His contempt and arrogance towards the fans ( i missed his tenure as england manager by the way) should not be tolerated by the board, we pay his wages; he talks as if he is queen bee; he tthinks he''s better than anyone else; far above his station. In short i have serious reservations about pumping my hard earned cash into a project that i simply don''t believe in; however if the manager changed so would the project and then i''m sure i would renew, even if we were in league one next season.

Aidy Boothroyd and Malkay Mackay for example would be a young enthusiastic pairing; they would be people we could relate too; i''m sure they would have far more respect for the fans; Boothroyd hasd a good CV; while Mackay could bring the heart back into the club; which since the insane departure of Huckerby on the back of DD''s retirement simply hasn''t been replaced.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

But the implication of the OP was that the Board is squandering money as irresponsibly as his son; does this mean season ticket holders are wasting money too? Any more than Delia is wasting hers?
If you think someone is not spending your money wisely, surely the best thing to do is stop giving it to them, not swearing & shouting on an internet forum.
I notice the OP now says his son is earning some money of his own. I would have thought it an excellent idea to see how he gets on under his own steam; later, if he needs some dosh for something more worthwile than cans of lager you might feel quite happy to supply it, knowing he now has a better appreciation of its value.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm. How much do you reckon they''re worth then? If she were forced to sell them today?

[/quote]

Have you ever been forced to sell some shares ron?  Thanks to the obvious mismanagement they`re worth bugger all, which is why she won`t sell them.  And the irony is that it seems the only way she`ll sell is if she is indeed "forced" to by unpopularity.

The more that I think about it, the more I think the reason why I may not renew is because the entertainment factor has gone out of the club. Last season I renewed because I expected to see Darren Huckerby in a Norwich shirt again this season. Every match I have watched this season, I have come away thinking that something has been missing, and I am sure that is Huckerby or his ilk. Just seeing him play 30 minutes a game would have been sufficient this season and I am absolutely sure that we would not be where we are in the league now.

The performance against Forest was exceptionally bad, and as I have a 300 mile round trip to each home game it becomes really hard to get motivated to go to the next home game. So I am thinking that maybe I will just pick and choose my games next season rather than committing to every home game. 

I''m not sure that sacking Roeder at this time is the answer, but if it meant that we could resign Huckerby I would go for it, as I am sure that it would certainly spur me and a few others to renew our season tickets !!    

[quote user="paul moy"]

The more that I think about it, the more I think the reason why I may not renew is because the entertainment factor has gone out of the club. Last season I renewed because I expected to see Darren Huckerby in a Norwich shirt again this season. Every match I have watched this season, I have come away thinking that something has been missing, and I am sure that is Huckerby or his ilk. Just seeing him play 30 minutes a game would have been sufficient this season and I am absolutely sure that we would not be where we are in the league now.

The performance against Forest was exceptionally bad, and as I have a 300 mile round trip to each home game it becomes really hard to get motivated to go to the next home game. So I am thinking that maybe I will just pick and choose my games next season rather than committing to every home game. 

I''m not sure that sacking Roeder at this time is the answer, but if it meant that we could resign Huckerby I would go for it, as I am sure that it would certainly spur me and a few others to renew our season tickets !!    

[/quote]

Paul - you at the Barnsley game on Saturday?  If so save us a seat in the Gunn Club.  Cheers.

[:D]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Paul - you at the Barnsley game on Saturday?  If so save us a seat in the Gunn Club.  Cheers.

[:D]

[/quote]

Will do, your Lordship !!!

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis.

Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money.
 Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.

This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.
[/quote]

The standard of the Prisoner''s posts rises even higher[H]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice.
[/quote]

[/quote]

and here we have another winner![Y]

The Prisoner - possibly the best analogy I have ever read on here

ellis206 - I''m afraid you are completely missing the point. It is the passive nature of fans like you that continually renew season tickets irrespective of the performance of the team, and those in charge of it, that has contributed to the club getting into the state that it has. Unfortunately buying tickets these days is showing support for the board and not just the team. Not renewing your season ticket does not mean you no longer support the team but shows an objection to those in charge and running the club. It is one of the only ways that us fans can have a direct impact upon the club and its owners. It will also force the board into action or will contribute to their eventual removal. Read The Prisoner''s post and THINK about it before you spout off such drivel.

[quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice.
[/quote]

It all depends on the reason for things not going our way. If its losing cames through bad luck or refereeing decisions then thats one thing. But if its due to incompetence of those in charge and with no signs of anything positive being done about it while we slip further and further towards oblivion then to sit back and do nothing but keep blindly attending games is the worst thing any fan could possibly do.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="huckster"]ELLIS... I would like to know how long exactly you have had your season ticket ? (apart from the fact i have been a member since 1979) the reason i am asking is this really.... DID you first get yours when ncfc were in such a dire mess ? or was it when we were playing half decent football with our OWN players ?
People have had enough, and it is entirely up to them to express their anger on these types of sites as it is a free country you know.
I also admire your passion for our club and i am slightly jealous of the fact that i was once like you, but all the faith and passion that i once had has been ripped out of me over the last 3 or 4 years and i am now in the situation where i have none left.
The manager certainly won''t listen to us meagre fans, the board might listen but won''t or can''t do anything about it, so it is up to the.... and i quote from you : THE REAL FANS.. to start voting with their feet and staying away until such times that the club sorts it''s own mess out.

It is time to stand up and be counted, and you can''t be counted if you are still sitting on your seat !

[/quote]

My first game was in 1993 against Manchester United, think we lost 2-0, but from then on went often as possible, got my first season ticket about 1996 I think, and had one every season up until the Premiership season believe it or not, I didn''t get one that year as I was working every weekend but I still got to as many matches as possible, got a season ticket again this year but still can''t make every game due to work, but get to about 15 home matches a season and hope to get to around 10 away matches a season as well, next one being Donny away. And I will be renewing my ticket for next season as well.
I also hate Roeders arrogant attitude towards our fans and also know for a fact that our players hate Roeder, but I also think our next 3 league games will determine whether he stays or not, I also think we need some investment urgently, yet I''m not going to sit here and aim insults and hatred remarks towards our board due to the fact I don''t have a short term memory and realise that they have done much more good for this club than bad, and I also hope that fans don''t start boycotting games because that will do much more damage than good, and it will ultimately achieve nothing, we need to show potential investors what great fans we are and that will sell the club to them, otherwise who''s going to purchase a football club with a half empty stadium and that other half sitting their in silence?
[/quote]

So where have the ''investors'' been looking for the past 5 or 6 years if what they want is a lot of great fans?

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="ellis206"] if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what.
[/quote]

Rubbish, a true fan would show discontent toward a failing regime and do everything in his/her power to change it. We pay good money to the club and get very little if nothing in return. We dont even own our own squad anymore.

[/quote]

As we did with the Chase regime.

[/quote]

Wasn''t he hounded out to be replaced by........................................................................

Oh the irony of it all out of the frying pad into the chefs pot Ho ho ho.

[/quote]

Pity you aren''t a bit more interested in the welfare of our club and a bit less in spreading dodgy rumours from your cosy cosy board loving mates.

[/quote]

Are you refering to me? I have cosy cosy board loving mates? What pills are you on?

The welfare of this club is paramount, therefore bleating about demonstrations to remove the board with no one to replace them does not in my view constitute the welfare of the club.

My point was you removed Chase and replaced them with this lot.

Not my choice Percy, not in a hundred years. As they are here and no one to come in, those who shouted loudest then must learn to live with it or come up with the money. In passing I can''t stand Roeder either.