Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

Youth Team

Just wondering how many people are going to watch the U18''s play Stoke wednesday night? Anyone hazard a guess at the kind of turn-out they''ll get?Im gonna go as from what I''ve been hearing they are a better side to watch than the seniors at the moment!

I think there was 400 hardy souls for the Wigan game.  I am going, they played very well last time and could have scored a hatful if it was not for their keeper, who would have been my MOTM.

I''m seriously considering it - am I right in thinking it''s free to get in for season-ticket holders? Went to see a couple of FAYC games a few years back – victories over Newcastle and Villa, who were rated as one of the best academies in the country at the time.I wonder if Stoke''s youth team play unashamedly ugly long-ball football?

[quote user="Coelho"]I''m seriously considering it - am I right in thinking it''s free to get in for season-ticket holders? Went to see a couple of FAYC games a few years back – victories over Newcastle and Villa, who were rated as one of the best academies in the country at the time.I wonder if Stoke''s youth team play unashamedly ugly long-ball football?[/quote]I thought It was, but have just seen this:http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED05%20Jan%202009%2016%3A47%3A08%3A293could have sworn an article yesterday said otherwise though?

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Coelho"]I''m seriously considering it - am I right in thinking it''s free to get in for season-ticket holders? Went to see a couple of FAYC games a few years back – victories over Newcastle and Villa, who were rated as one of the best academies in the country at the time.I wonder if Stoke''s youth team play unashamedly ugly long-ball football?[/quote]I thought It was, but have just seen this:http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED05%20Jan%202009%2016%3A47%3A08%3A293could have sworn an article yesterday said otherwise though?[/quote]Can anyone find an article to the contrary? If so, seems like another attempt to squeeze money out of a fanbase that''s already being criminally overcharged for the ''entertainment'' provided...

From the official site:"Tickets are available on the night on the turnstiles priced at £4 for

adults, £1 for over 60s and under 16s - there will be NO free admission

to season ticket holders and no tickets will be available in advance."When did that change? I thought reserve and youth games were free?

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]From the official site:"Tickets are available on the night on the turnstiles priced at £4 for

to season ticket holders and no tickets will be available in advance."*Please Note;  admission charges has been applied as the club is so flicking skint[/quote]

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]From the official site:"Tickets are available on the night on the turnstiles priced at £4 for

to season ticket holders and no tickets will be available in advance."When did that change? I thought reserve and youth games were free?[/quote]Surprise surprise. How dispiriting must that be for the young players, knowing they''d probably have three times as many fans cheering them on if it was free entry to our 20,000+ season ticket holders? Someone should email the club and ask them what has prompted this u-turn in policy. Another example of the powers-that-be fleecing the most loyal supporters in the division.

Bump – did anyone go to the Wigan game in the previous round? Was that free to get in or were season-ticket holders charged? What about home reserve fixtures this season, were they free entry for season-ticket holders?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

As it is the F.A. Youth cup, the pricing may be down to the F.A.

[/quote]They don''t set prices for any other cups (FA Cup, Trophy, Vase etc.) – why would the Youth Cup be any different?

I hope whoever is going wraps up warm.  It will be FREEZING!  Group huddle anyone?

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]From the official site:"Tickets are available on the night on the turnstiles priced at £4 for

to season ticket holders and no tickets will be available in advance."When did that change? I thought reserve and youth games were free?[/quote]Surprise surprise. How dispiriting must that be for the young players, knowing they''d probably have three times as many fans cheering them on if it was free entry to our 20,000+ season ticket holders? Someone should email the club and ask them what has prompted this u-turn in policy. Another example of the powers-that-be fleecing the most loyal supporters in the division.[/quote]Stop whining, we need the money

[quote user="Coelho"]Bump – did anyone go to the Wigan game in the previous round? Was that free to get in or were season-ticket holders charged? What about home reserve fixtures this season, were they free entry for season-ticket holders?
[/quote]

The Wigan game you had to pay for too. Reserve games are free for season ticket holders. I think the fact it is an FA competition means they have to charge for it but I''m not completely sure. It''s not a lot of money anyway.

Always been free to season ticket holders in past seasons I believe as i used to go to these games. Used to get 2 or 3 thousand there as well. Given they get about 400 half of which are kids they must be making about £1,500 on the gate. Hardly seems worth it if its cutting down on the crowds.

I''l be going again but like Worthy I don''t know why we looked very ordinary last time out and couldn''t get a shot on target on target for most of the night, not to mention how cold it was.And by the way the game against Wigan was priced the same as this one.