Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

OFFICIAL LAPPIN FOR PLAYER OF THE YEAR CAMPAIGN

As another poster said, let''s do a John Sergeant-esque vote and all pump for Lappin this season. None of the players this year deserve their name on that trophy to sit alongside Norwich greats, so why not ?!?

Bit of a laugh, and to prove a point to Mr Roeder.

Who''s with me?

I''m in. Doubt we would get enough people to do it though. Besides, better to say this nearer the time than half way through the season.

Well I doubt we would get enough people to win anyway, but you never know!

Even if we can get loads of us on here, and people spread the word we might be able to get Lappin 2nd or 3rd, which would still prove a point.

[quote user="pennywise "]i`m in excellent idea,  i`m sure doc and clingan would understand and have a good laugh about it  [:D][/quote]

They can come second and third ...

I really dont follow people''s sudden obsession with Lappin, it seems to be a pretty poor excuse to get on Roeder''s back again. I have no problem with people giving him jip as it can be fully justified in other areas, but surely you cannot argue that Lappin has a place in the team? The only position I would even think about playing him is on the left wing and surely thats well covered by Bell, Hoolahan and Pattison and even Bertrand. I would also find it hard to argue that our season would have been any better with him in the squad throughout?

[quote user="SpA"]I really dont follow people''s sudden obsession with Lappin, it seems to be a pretty poor excuse to get on Roeder''s back again. I have no problem with people giving him jip as it can be fully justified in other areas, but surely you cannot argue that Lappin has a place in the team? The only position I would even think about playing him is on the left wing and surely thats well covered by Bell, Hoolahan and Pattison and even Bertrand. I would also find it hard to argue that our season would have been any better with him in the squad throughout?
[/quote]

Because we have hardly any players and he still wont give Lappin a chance. We know Lappin has the ability to be a decent squad player we saw that in his first game. When he got man of the match... A players whole career at the club can''t be judged so heavily on one performance ...

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]It would be hilarious but at the same time, probably just make the club look even more ridiculous than it currently does right now.[/quote]

No that''s impossible. If Roeder stays the whole season, we don''t improve and Lappin never plays then Lappin is getting my vote [:D]

Player of the year is suppposed to be an honour for the best player. Regardless of Roeder''s actions. Giving player of the year to someone who hasn''t played takes all the pride out of the trophy. Al l giving it to Lappin will do is annoy Roeder probably most of the players and thus working against NCFC in the long term.

I think you''ll find that most of the players themselves cannot believe Roeder still doesn''t play him - and so if he got a placing come final day they would find it funny. The only person who would look stupid is Mr Roeder.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Player of the year is suppposed to be an honour for the best player. Regardless of Roeder''s actions. Giving player of the year to someone who hasn''t played takes all the pride out of the trophy. Al l giving it to Lappin will do is annoy Roeder [/quote]

Good![:|]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Player of the year is suppposed to be an honour for the best player. Regardless of Roeder''s actions. Giving player of the year to someone who hasn''t played takes all the pride out of the trophy. Al l giving it to Lappin will do is annoy Roeder probably most of the players and thus working against NCFC in the long term.
[/quote]

I dont care. Bar Clingan and Doherty none of them deserve to get the award. Doherty''s allready on their and Clingan has many years ahead of him to get on their. I pay my money to watch them for nothing in return as we lose more times than not, so I''ll vote for who I want to. And if that means I want to make a point by showing Roeder and the board just what they have turned this club into then I shall. Showing them that a player with 0 appearances this season is the fans player of the year may make them realise just how bad this club is now ...

Lets be honest, there is more fans not on this forum than on it, so the chances of this campaign ever getting Lappin to win is minimal. It is far more likely we could get him 2nd or 3rd place, thus still proving the point - but we still need everyone''s support!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="SpA"]I really dont follow people''s sudden obsession with Lappin, it seems to be a pretty poor excuse to get on Roeder''s back again. I have no problem with people giving him jip as it can be fully justified in other areas, but surely you cannot argue that Lappin has a place in the team? The only position I would even think about playing him is on the left wing and surely thats well covered by Bell, Hoolahan and Pattison and even Bertrand. I would also find it hard to argue that our season would have been any better with him in the squad throughout?[/quote]

Because we have hardly any players and he still wont give Lappin a chance. We know Lappin has the ability to be a decent squad player we saw that in his first game. When he got man of the match... A players whole career at the club can''t be judged so heavily on one performance ...

[/quote]Although he never really featured after the Plymouth game that doesnt automatically mean he was dropped because he played badly that one game, and although I would not have a particular problem with him going into the squad as I cannot argue that he is a bad player I just cannot see him adding anything. Simon Lappin not being in the squad is about number 467 in the list of problems at this club and just seems a bit weird people getting so upset about it....

[quote user="SpA"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="SpA"]I really dont follow people''s sudden obsession with Lappin, it seems to be a pretty poor excuse to get on Roeder''s back again. I have no problem with people giving him jip as it can be fully justified in other areas, but surely you cannot argue that Lappin has a place in the team? The only position I would even think about playing him is on the left wing and surely thats well covered by Bell, Hoolahan and Pattison and even Bertrand. I would also find it hard to argue that our season would have been any better with him in the squad throughout?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Although he never really featured after the Plymouth game that doesnt automatically mean he was dropped because he played badly that one game
[/quote]

[:|] Yes it does ... He got man of the match in the reserve game against Arsenal playing out of position. Still no sign of him ... Didn''t Roeder even admit the players are unlikely to feature again much after the Plymouth game?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="SpA"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="SpA"]I really dont follow people''s sudden obsession with Lappin, it seems to be a pretty poor excuse to get on Roeder''s back again. I have no problem with people giving him jip as it can be fully justified in other areas, but surely you cannot argue that Lappin has a place in the team? The only position I would even think about playing him is on the left wing and surely thats well covered by Bell, Hoolahan and Pattison and even Bertrand. I would also find it hard to argue that our season would have been any better with him in the squad throughout?[/quote]

[/quote]Although he never really featured after the Plymouth game that doesnt automatically mean he was dropped because he played badly that one game[/quote]

[:|] Yes it does ... He got man of the match in the reserve game against Arsenal playing out of position. Still no sign of him ... Didn''t Roeder even admit the players are unlikely to feature again much after the Plymouth game?

[/quote]I think the Plymouth game was just the nail in the coffin, I dont think he deserved his place in the squad at the time and noone had any problem with him being loaned out at the time, and our squad is looking particularly bare at the moment and theres no reason why he should not be stuck on the bench, we can agree on that... I just think a campaign like this is over the top! just my opinion!

The whole point of it is to prove a point though - noone is suggesting Lappin is the player of the year!

It''s just a bit of a laugh, the same with John Sergeant in the dancing. We need something to laugh about with Norwich City atm!

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I think you''ll find that most of the players themselves cannot believe Roeder still doesn''t play him - and so if he got a placing come final day they would find it funny. The only person who would look stupid is Mr Roeder.[/quote] How do you know. Which players have you spoken to, how many have you asked about Lappin. I am thinking none and you are lying to try to prove a point.

I think it is a disgraceful idea and demeans the value of the trophy and all the great servants of the club that have won it. It should be a great honour not some pathetic expression of your dislike of a manager. Any of you that are so petty to think it is a good idea should take a good look at youselves.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I think you''ll find that most of the players themselves cannot believe Roeder still doesn''t play him - and so if he got a placing come final day they would find it funny. The only person who would look stupid is Mr Roeder.[/quote] How do you know. Which players have you spoken to, how many have you asked about Lappin. I am thinking none and you are lying to try to prove a point.

As I said Badger, Lappin is never going to win it! Doc, Marsh, Cligan - somebody like that will. However, if we could get him 3rd say, that would still prove the point!!

And Fabregas - I have heard this from a number of players.

I think a player has to have started X number of games in the season to be eligible for POTS votes so this is a non-starter.

Personally I think ''We Want Worthy Back'' is Simon Lappin in disguise the way he keeps banging on about this! Either that or some relation....

Give it a rest!