Sign in to follow this  
Roger Hansbury

Omozusi

It seems our only clean sheets are when hes at centre back.

There was alot of doubters about this guy, but hes looking a good spot by GR now.

Anyone know the stats on clean sheets with/without him at CB?

I heard on R. Norfolk after the game its 4 clean sheets this season and he''s played centre back for all of them.

I think Omosuzi complements Doherty at centre back. Whilst Doherty has strength, prescence and is good in the air, Omosuzi has the pace to get the Doc out of trouble when he''s done for pace. Omosuzi reminds me of Darren Kenton in many ways in his ability to use his pace to keep out quick strikers. But Omosuzi does have a couple of weaknesses at centre back - he is relatively poor in the air, and struggles when the ball is played across him in the air when opposition midfielders are rushing in the box, and is positionally suspect at times. But he is definitely improving, and, in my opinion, has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps this level of performance up. We could do a lot worse than sign him permanently....

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]I think Omosuzi complements Doherty at centre back. Whilst Doherty has strength, prescence and is good in the air, Omosuzi has the pace to get the Doc out of trouble when he''s done for pace. Omosuzi reminds me of Darren Kenton in many ways in his ability to use his pace to keep out quick strikers. But Omosuzi does have a couple of weaknesses at centre back - he is relatively poor in the air, and struggles when the ball is played across him in the air when opposition midfielders are rushing in the box, and is positionally suspect at times. But he is definitely improving, and, in my opinion, has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps this level of performance up. We could do a lot worse than sign him permanently....[/quote] no chace of signing him permanently..Roy Hodgson rates him very highly

Dont forget the Doc in the CB pairing, havent those clean sheets come when it  has been Doc and Omuzusi together?

[quote user="city4eva"]Dont forget the Doc in the CB pairing, havent those clean sheets come when it  has been Doc and Omuzusi together?[/quote]

One of the clean sheets was Sheff Utd when Omo and Jonathan Grounds (anyone remember him?!) played together. He''s looking much better at centre back than right back, and Omo and the Doc look a decent partnership. 

Whether their selection at CB was through foresight, luck or necessity it seems to be working out well.